New York Times on the Sovereign Citizen Movement

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: New York Times on the Sovereign Citizen Movement

Post by Famspear »

Manny wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:24 pmThose unable to discuss insult.
Discuss?

Here's what you wrote:
When most people on the planet are suffering and not doing well at all, there's one group that continues to profit. That group also determines international policy for individual countries.
What group? What is the name of this group? What is the evidence that this group "continues to profit"? What do you mean by the phrase "determines international policy for individual countries"? And, what's the evidence for that.

Go ahead. Discuss.
Henry Kissinger is their messenger; I wonder what he told Trump when he went to see him in 2016!
Why do you wonder that? Discuss.
Why does the US put up with paying so much more than others for Rx drugs?
What is "so much"? And, how much more than "others" does the US pay? Discuss.
Might that be due to international bankers?
Might be that you're posing this rhetorical question because you don't really want to "discuss."
How about actually following the money like I did rather than listening to the spewing of others?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you have never "followed the money" and that you have no idea how to go about "following the money." Discuss.
Just spewing, huh? I draw my conclusions by researching issues extensively before forming an opinion.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you don't know how to "research issues extensively," and that you form your opinions first and then look for information that you feel confirms what you believe. Discuss.
Did you work for your Federal government or a bank?
Why do you ask? Discuss.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

When most people on the planet are suffering and not doing well at all, there's one group that continues to profit. That group also determines international policy for individual countries.
You mean Jews?
Henry Kissinger is their messenger; I wonder what he told Trump when he went to see him in 2016!
The Jewish Messenger?
We all know, this is another way to say the Jews.
How about actually following the money like I did rather than listening to the spewing of others?
Follow the money to the Jews

You seem to have issues with Jewish people, and are looking to blame them for your perceived problems. Did any of your research involve YouTube? You are rehashing old known Anti-Semitic points, long debunked.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Manny wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:24 pm Those unable to discuss insult.
And those unable to discuss: blather, evade, and quote Internet rumors.

Manny: Facts or go away
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
morrand

Post by morrand »

Gregg wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:25 am
morrand wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm
Excellent! As I like to do the same, I look forward to reviewing some of your research. Would you cite your sources, please?
Moi? Harvard College, London School of Economics, Xavier University, University of Michigan-Ross... but I'm guessing our learned friend has much better Youtubes on his CV.
Gregg, I have seen your bona fides in full flourish, and they are not in doubt.
---
Morrand
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I can discuss. At length. Believe me I've tried enough that I finally gave up trying to talk to nudnicks who are less interested in learning anything than they are in trying to show how much more they know about economics than a mere PhD confers. That's why I years ago adopted my policy of not arguing Economics with anyone who doesn't have at least a graduate degree in Economics...from a real college and not the University of YouTube.
In short, you're not worthy of my insults, I only engage you to entertain the regular, paying guests.

I will answer one question, for the second time, I have worked in a piddling position at a Branch of one of the Federal Reserve Banks, and a more mid slightly above clerk but definitely non policy making job at The Bank of England. For the past several decades I've been building cars and very soon I'm going to take up full time sitting on my battlefield and trying to figure out what the hell Bobby Lee was thinking that day. Feel free to visit me there, where I'll probably still ignore you.

You're dismissed, you can leave. :whistle:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Civil War historians have spent over 100 years trying to figure that out to no avail. The first one to question the wisdom of his decision was Longstreet. I blame Jeb Stuart for engaging in a pointless frolic instead of sticking to business.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

If you've never been, its a magnificent scene, still largely the same as it was in 1863. But I dare anyone to explain to me, sitting under Bobby's statue, how anyone with half a brain could look up from that point, at 52,000 troops and 370 cannon, amd think "Yeah, we can take that ridge".

Jeb Stuart might have gotten him into Gettysburg, but after 2 days its not like he couldn't have known was on the other side of that field.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:25 amBut I dare anyone to explain to me, sitting under Bobby's statue, how anyone with half a brain could look up from that point, at 52,000 troops and 370 cannon, amd think "Yeah, we can take that ridge".
And yet, without Col. Chamberlain's bayonet charge, he might well have done it.

I assume our British readers are totally befuddled by now.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:53 am I assume our British readers are totally befuddled by now.
I thinkest thou doth confuse "befuddled" with "care" :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Still a lot of people at that point thinking about earlier forms of warfare.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:53 am I assume our British readers are totally befuddled by now.
Not this one. Although I'd have to re-read the history of the battle to remind me (it was a long time ago I learned of these things).
What I would say is I have to be careful when talking to Americans of which state they are from and not to mention that I come from a cotton processing part of England.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle

grixit wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:48 am Still a lot of people at that point thinking about earlier forms of warfare.
Yes, this was the transition time between smoothbore muskets and rifled muskets firing Minie balls (which weren't balls and Minie gets wrongly pronounced as min-ee by everyone). See also General John Sedgewick - although that wasn't a Minie ball.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

I think it's good to remember that the first machine guns were being used in this time too, the old crank Gatlings if I'm not misremembering. From what I've read the new technologies of war at the time went quite a ways to explaining some of the more depressing tactical errors of the day.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
lurker9000
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by lurker9000 »

NYGman wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:30 pm
You mean Jews?
The Jewish Messenger?
We all know, this is another way to say the Jews.
Follow the money to the Jews

You seem to have issues with Jewish people, and are looking to blame them for your perceived problems. Did any of your research involve YouTube? You are rehashing old known Anti-Semitic points, long debunked.
I'm sorry I went there in my first post. Wasted money is relative I wanted to say look it up first you can see where the money is spent. I know people will point to pork barrel projects, but those have some benefit. If I live on the East coast and a bridge is built on the West cost that a few thousand people will use but I probably never will is that pork? Should tax dollars have been used? Before you say no keep in mind the people in other states will then say the same thing about your bridge.

It's a conversation worth having what do we want our government to do with our tax dollars, but you can't have it starting from a conspiracy theory. Download the budget and take a look at it, then figure out what you think.
ArthurWankspittle

Baidn wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 pm I think it's good to remember that the first machine guns were being used in this time too, the old crank Gatlings if I'm not misremembering. From what I've read the new technologies of war at the time went quite a ways to explaining some of the more depressing tactical errors of the day.
I don't think there were enough Gatling guns to make much difference. They didn't get into service until mid 1864 too according to Google. However, the world of warfare was moving from standing around in flashy uniforms, shooting smoothbore muskets at maybe 100 yards to the enemy, to trenches and rifled muskets capable of more serious damage and being accurate to twice or three times previous distances.
Manny
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Manny »

Too many bullies here. Laughed and almost coughed up a lung when the Jews were brought up. We all know what THEY'RE like, right? I'm outta here.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:25 am But I dare anyone to explain to me, sitting under Bobby's statue, how anyone with half a brain could look up from that point, at 52,000 troops and 370 cannon, amd think "Yeah, we can take that ridge".

Jeb Stuart might have gotten him into Gettysburg, but after 2 days its not like he couldn't have known was on the other side of that field.
Here is what I think Lee was thinking during the last 2 days of Gettysburg:

(1) We have beaten the Army of the Potomac several times during the last two years, on defense as well as on offense.

(2) Many of the AoNV's victories came when we did the unthinkable, the impossible, or the unexpected, such as dividing our army at Chancellorsville in the face of the AotP and crushing Hooker's flank and routing the Yankees.

(3) Even when things looked bad, the AoNV was able to fight the AotP to a standstill and get away to fight another day, ie. Antietam.

(4) We have surprised the Yankees here at Gettysburg and crushed a couple of corps on the first day.

(5) We came very near to breaking the Union line on the second day.

(6) I know that the soldiers of the AoNV can be counted on to do more than their duty.

(7) We cannot allow this war to continue since every day gives the USA more of an edge over us. Furthermore, we need to demonstrate to the rest of the world that we are winning and can deliver defeat in the enemy's territory.

(8) Therefore it is worth the gamble to see if I can break the center of the Union line and get between them and Washington DC.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

All valid points when read in a book, but standing on the field, which I've been doing for 40 years now, the only thing I can think is "nope". Its a mile from top to bottom, a 60 foot rise, the only cover the whole way is two split rail fences and oh, did I mention the 52,000 people with 370 cannon who don't want me to make it? I don't think I can even put it in words, you have to go stand there, or better yet, go up in the Pennsylvania Memorial and look from the top down....its just a big bowl with the guys in Blue all around 180 degrees of the rim, and the guys in grey trying to walk up from the bottom to the rim.

If anyone goes, pay the $15 to see the Clyclorama, it does more to express the actual topography than even being on the ridge does.

Okay, no more Gettysburg from me, anyone who wants to keep up the day Bobby Lee was human, PM me and we'll work it out.

We now return you to the mocking of ignorance, in progress.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

Manny wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:04 pm Too many bullies here. Laughed and almost coughed up a lung when the Jews were brought up. We all know what THEY'RE like, right? I'm outta here.
I'd say you'll be missed but since what you consider "bullying" seems to be people saying your arguments don't hold water I'd wager that's a lie. I sincerely hope you find something more fulfilling than hate and impotent rage to dedicate your life to.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Manny wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:04 pm Too many bullies here. Laughed and almost coughed up a lung when the Jews were brought up. We all know what THEY'RE like, right? I'm outta here.