Ammon Bundy Rides Again

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

Ammon Bundy Rides Again

Post by The Observer »

Ammon Bundy has decided to go back on the sovrun activist trail by getting involved in a longstanding property dispute between landowners and a county government in western Montana.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Ammon Bundy Rides Again

Post by The Observer »

A bit of history revolving around the property dispute that Ammon is getting involved in:

This has been an issue going on for over 25 years. The core reason of the dispute is private property rights vs. public access to non-private lands. At one time the road at issue that had been adopted by the county was used as an access road for a mining company back at the turn of the 20th century. Vague language in the document that the county filed for adoption of the road has given rise as to how much of the road (which penetrates deep into the mountainous area along the creek) is public and how much is private. The private property owners contend that the county only owns 12 miles of the road (which is where the mining company's claims began and where the current property owners erected a gate against trespassers back in 1978). Special interest groups such as hunters, naturalists, and environmentalists contend that the road is totally owned by the county and that public access laws require the county to open and maintain the road for public use - in other words, the gate must come down and the private property owners must allow some limited access through their properties for the public lands.

The private owners have filed a couple of suits contesting the county's ownership of the road in state courts and lost. This included a trial in front of Judge Langton, who was the target of another potential sovrun idiot that I reported on here. Appeals went all the way to the Montana Supreme Court and were denied. Yet the gate still has not come down as the county commissioners are still trying to decide how to accomplish this without escalating the situation into an event beyond their control. The private owners have spun their own story about why the county is not taking their side, which predictably heads into the realm of conspiracy by accusing the county being in bed with the special interest groups. The commissioners contend that their position in support of leaving the gate up became untenable once research showed that the entire road was public and owned by the county.

At this point it is clear that the property owners realize they are on the losing side of this dispute and have resorted to getting more publicity on the issue by inviting Bundy to get involved and to put pressure on the county to back down before that publicity goes against them.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

We had a very similar case in British Columbia that went on for decades and was finally resolved last year.

https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.com/n ... -b-c-lake/

Nobody thought to bring the Bundy's into the story.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

I know nothing about the situation but whatever Bundy says must necessarily be false and I can state that with absolute certainty.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Jeffrey wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 am I know nothing about the situation but whatever Bundy says must necessarily be false and I can state that with absolute certainty.
Here is the link to Bundy's blog regarding the situation. One of the county commissioners has gone on record stating that Bundy has not been accurate in his blog.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

After much contemplation of their navels, the county commissioners have removed the gate.

[url]https://helenair.com/news/state-and-reg ... addcc.html[/url

Ammon Bundy had weighed in on this situation with his irrelevant opinion on what should happen. But apparently he had better things to do than show up and stop the gate from being dismantled.