SovCits want to take your home

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

SovCits want to take your home

Post by Famspear »

"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: SovCits want to take your home

Post by Famspear »

From the linked article:
Police in suburbs north of Seattle say so-called “sovereign citizens” have been visiting homes in at least two communities, presenting homeowners with official-looking documents, and announcing that they’re the rightful owners.

In at least one case, a homeowner was told she was being evicted, Seattle’s KIRO-TV reported.
I don't know what SovCits in Washington State are "used to", but if one of them tries a stunt like that in Texas, the SovCit better hope that the police arrive before the homeowner pulls out his guns.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Could you imagine someone trying to do that in like Kentucky, Montana, or the Dakotas? They'd be lucky to make it off the front step before someone tagged them.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Famspear wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:24 pm
I don't know what SovCits in Washington State are "used to", but if one of them tries a stunt like that in Texas, the SovCit better hope that the police arrive before the homeowner pulls out his guns.
There are basically two different realities in Washington State. The Seattle/Tacoma area is as lefty as you can get. Most of the rest of the state would make Texas look like a bunch of bleeding-heart libs. Eastern Washington is part of what some white supremacists call "the great redoubt" -- it, along with eastern Oregon, northern Idaho and Montana have the fewest non-white people of any area of the US. A lot of the original Freemen going back to the 1980s hail from that part of the world. Not to mention neo-Nazis, and all sorts of other wonderful types you'd like to bring home to Mother.

So in the Seattle area, where this is, there's no chance these loons will meet a bullet. But if it happened in Spokane or any of the small towns out in the sticks, they wouldn't last long.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Oregon is pretty much the same. Portland and some cities west of the mountains very liberal. East of the mountains (which run north-south) very Republican.

Seattle & Tacoma are on the relatively narrow band of rain-forest coastline west of the Cascade Mountains. Cross over to the east of them and you have desert and Republicans.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Have to agree; Seattle/Tacoma is liberal, but the other side of the state is not. The bomb threat I personally handled in my employed years for Treasury originated in Spokane.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Cathulhu! Welcome back! It's been a while.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Post by obadiah »

wserra wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:35 pm Cathulhu! Welcome back! It's been a while.
Ditto!
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Thanks, guys. Since net operating losses are, sadly, one of my areas of former expertise, I thought I'd check in for the inevitable tax audit for a con man. I'll be lurking, because I missed you.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

To be more precise you've been gone since 2012 when we had that squabble about political discussions. Welcome back even if just lurking.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs