Ammon Bundy Runs For Governor

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Ammon Bundy Runs For Governor

Post by JamesVincent »

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but Bundy has a campaign website for those interested in keeping up with him.

https://www.votebundy.com/
I’m Ammon Bundy and I’m running for Governor of the great state of Idaho. I won’t bore you with the typical platitudes from politicians about how they’re strong conservatives, and how they support small business and education and all that.

Nor will I pose in a hard hat at some random worksite talking to workers, nor will I show you pictures of me reading books to little children.

I’m running for Governor because I’m sick and tired of all of this political garbage just like you are. I’m tired of our freedoms being taken from us and I’m tired of the corruption that is rampant in our state Government.
His website has several sections where he explains his beliefs and why everything MSM said about him is a lie. They make some interesting reading. I will admit that it is a very professional looking website and very well laid out. Someone put some moolah into it's creation. Wonder who's backing him for things like that?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

JamesVincent wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:25 pm Haven't seen it mentioned yet...
Acutally, Wes linked to the site in his post above.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:36 pm
JamesVincent wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:25 pm Haven't seen it mentioned yet...
Acutally, Wes linked to the site in his post above.
I saw that earlier. He linked straight to the "myths" page, not the main one and supposedly Ammon added a campaign video over the weekend and other information so I thought it deserved a full post.

Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Vote for insanity.....Vote Bundy!
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

An article in the LA Times reports on Bundy's campaign looking to capitalize on the current housing shortage in Idaho.

In the meantime Bundy was convicted for his protest at the statehouse on trespassing and obstruction charges. He will be facing a fine and community service for the misdemeanor conviction.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

A Mother Jones article covers Ammon and his campaign, along with some background and interesting details about Ammon's life.

And Ammon participated in an interview with local news in Idaho, discussing his campaign for governor.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

This 'n that about Ammon's activities:

In Klamath Falls, the Oregon drought was stirring up anger among farmers, the various local Native American tribes, and the Federal government. The feds shut off a water canal used for irrigation so as not to interfere with the salmon run that the tribes depend on. At one point there was fear that the resulting protests were going to result in violence, especially after local leaders threatened to invite Bundy to join them. Cooler heads prevailed and Bundy did not show.

Apparently Bundy is adjusting his political views. Previously, Ammon was against the Black Lives Matter movement ("“As you most likely know Black Lives Matter is a wicked, Marxist, communist organization that deceives its members and destroys Black people’s lives.) Now in the middle of his campaign, he sees some common ground with BLM. In his words:
“You must have a problem in your mind if you think that somehow the Black Lives Matter is more dangerous than the police,” said Bundy in the video. “You must have a problem in your mind if you think the Antifa is the one that’s going to take your freedom; you must have a problem in your mind.”

He goes on in the video about the importance of defunding the police and government, and said; “They’re the ones that are actually going to seek and destroy us and there are many people in the Black Lives Matter organization, along with patriots and, you know, Libertarians and Republicans and Democrats that understand that.”
But Ammon is still peddling his confrontations against the feds in Arizona and the Malheur refuge as his bona fides for his campaign for governor of Idaho. A speech he made in Idaho falls seemed to indicate some problems with articulation:
"Idaho has to be a place of refuge. It has to be. Where else are people that love God, that want to be free, that want to own property, and want to just be left alone? Where else are they going to go?" Bundy said. "Anywhere in the world pointed out to me. Where are they going to go? And so maybe I am the scary man, but maybe on the right. Scary man for the job right now."
Bundy sat down for a radio interview which was shared on Youtube.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Ammon is now playing word games with the court that imposed 40 hours of community service on him as a sentence after being found guilty trespassing last year at the Idaho state capitol building. Ammon has decided that he gets to define what "community service" is. This should not come as any surprise to any of the Quatloos regulars since we have countless examples of Frikintardistanians suddenly deciding that they know more about the law than a judge or an attorney.

In this instance, Ammon is claiming that the time he has spent on his campaign for governor counts as community service. One of his campaign workers lamely claimed that Bundy had passed out bottles of water at a campaign appearance as one example of Bundy meeting the court terms.

Under Idaho Criminal Code 33, commutation of a sentence "...may include the rendering of labor and services to charities, governmental agencies, needy citizens and nonprofit organizations." Oh dear, there is that word that so many sovs have trouble with: "inlcude." True to form, it appears that Bundy is deciding that "includes" means that he gets to invent his own type of "community service."

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Bundy last week made a motion to dismiss at a pre-trial hearing claiming that banning him from the state capitol building was unconstitutional - which was argued by Bundy's attorney. The judge didn't buy the argument and ruled against it. But she did postpone the trial date until March 14th of this year.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And Ammon now has ended up in jail, after a judge took a dim view of Ammon claiming his community service was satisfied by his campaigning for office. But I think ten days will equate to a slap on the wrist in Ammon's view.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

After Ammon's confrontation at St.Luke's Hospital (see Pottapaug's link below to the news story) based on his belief that the hospital had "medically kidnapped" a child who had been the subject of a welfare check, the hospital decided to fight back. They sued Bundy and the father of the child, alleging that both men had smeared the hospital with false claims that the hospital was guilty of "kidnapping, trafficking, and killing of Idaho children." The hospital also alleged that Bundy's organized protests had shut down the hospital and forced patients to seek healthcare elsewhere. The suit is asking for $50,000 or more in damages and for the court to order both men to no longer make disparaging remarks against the hospital.

However, the court has held up making a decision on the case, citing that the hospital had failed to properly serve the men with notice of the suit. Although Bundy was served, along with his campaign organization and another unnamed organization, the judge noted that the proper address of the court and how to contact the clerk was not included on the notice. The server had told the court that they were unable to locate the father to be served (Diego Rodgriguez) but the court noted that a website belonging to him had a statement that claimed that Rodriguez was now residing in a different county. It appears the judge agreed with Rodriguez that if a newspaper could locate him, the hospital (and their hired guns) should have been able to do the same.

The judge has extended the time for Bundy and Rodriguez to respond to the court regarding the suit by yesterday, so it will be interesting to see if the hospital has perfect service and if the men end up responding timely.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

In a much belated, but not surprising, update in regards to the results, Ammon Bundy failed to win the gubernatorial election in Idaho this last November. He came in third with a respectable 17.19% of the vote, right behind the Democratic candidate who had 20% of the vote. More than likely, Bundy siphoned off votes from the Republican winner. In that regard, Bundy played a hapless spoiler rather than the crusading reformer as he tried to portray himself in his campaign.

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

According to the current docket, the civil suit by St. Luke's Meridian against Bundy and various others - basically for blockading the hospital and claiming that they kidnapped kids - is moving along. The court has set a jury trial for July 10, 2023.

It appeared earlier in the case that Bundy & Co. had defaulted, but then St. Luke's served an amended complaint. I'm not sure if they are currently in default, however. Depending on Idaho law, even if they are, a jury trial might still be in order to determine damages. Bundy, in his usual rambling, semi-incoherent manner, appears to have claimed that he has decided "not to participate". He may, in fact, be judgment-proof, but one would think that a judgment against an Idaho rancher would have a significant effect on his ability to do business. One can hope.

In other Bundy news, he had a trial set for January 23 - last week - on the criminal charge for trespassing at the hospital. He rabble-roused to get people to attend the trial. Ammon would show them how "the petty tyrants involved decided they didn’t like their evil deeds being exposed" and had him arrested. Well, then he pleaded guilty. Guess exposing the evil deeds isn't that important after all.

Brave brave brave Sir Ammon.
Last edited by wserra on Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix link.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:37 pm ...he pleaded guilty...
The hyperlink above is opening up the login window. I am pretty sure that was not the intent.

wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:36 pmI am pretty sure that was not the intent.
It wasn't, but it does drive traffic.

Thanks, Obs.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Some updates on the Ammon Bundy civil trial for defamation against St. Luke's Hospital as well as some new info on what got Bundy arrested last year over trespassing at St. Luke's. As a recap, Bundy had organized a protest for a man named Rodriguez whose child was taken to the hospital who apparently contacted Idaho's Health and Welfare unit about potential negligence Or it could have been that the H&W unit had the child taken to the hospital - contradictions exist in the news sources) This protest eventually led to Ammon confronting hospital employees and trying to blockade the entrance to the hospital and his arrest for trespassing (for which he pled guilty at his trial).

On Monday (May 1st, 2023) Bundy filed a motion with the federal district court in Idaho to have the defamation trial moved to federal court. His reasons are that his federal civil rights are being violated, apparently in Bundy's belief that the hospital and the county court are piling on due to the hospital's multiple filings

The problem is that the county court already issued a default judgment against Bundy last week (April 24). Why? Is this just more evidence of the court acting unjustly against Bundy? No. It was because Bundy has failed to appear at any of the court dates/hearings. His non-appearance shouldn't be a surprise since Bundy has been telling anyone and everyone he wasn't going to participate in the trial. And so the court granted St. Luke's motion for a default judgment - for which the hospital is seeking $7.5 million. This is another reason that Bundy cites as cause to move the case to federal court since the requested damages exceed $75,000.

And then the court issued a warrant for arrest against Bundy for civil contempt. But the contempt is not for Bundy failing to appear. The hospital's attorneys have been providing the court evidence that Bundy and/or his co-defendants have been violating the court's restraining orders prohibiting the defendants from threatening, intimidating or harassing witnesses. From what I have read, the violations stem from Bundy and Rodriguez continuing to put up posts on their various websites since the court order that appeared to threaten, and doxxing employees/witnesses, H&W employees, the hospital and their attorneys. The most ominous of the posts is the one called "Come no more upon me" which is Ammon's message, which I am guessing is meant for the executives and attorneys for St. Luke's. It is labeled as a warning letter, which was probably the final straw causing the judge to issue the warrant.

The only question now is if and when the warrant will be executed. Bundy has defied the Gem County Sheriff's office during the last year or so over the service of court papers to the point that the sheriff's office would not attempt to serve any more papers, citing their observation that the situation was getting to the point that the process servers and deputies were in harm's way. At that juncture, the hospital went to the Idaho State Supreme Court and filed a writ of mandamus asking the court to order the papers served. The sheriff backed down and agreed to serve and the hospital withdrew the writ request. This apparently happened on April 24, with the deputies leaving the paperwork at the front door while being recorded by someone other than Bundy. The deputies advised the camera person that Bundy should be told that he has been served. Whether that meets legal sufficiency standard for a court is not clear, I would think that most judges might find it problematic, especially if the defendant claims he never received the paperwork or the verbal communication. Perhaps Bundy's reluctance to attend court dates might lower the standard required. It also doesn't help that Bundy confirmed on his People's Rights Network website that he saw the deputies and yelled at them to leave his property.

Of course it wouldn't be a sovrun event without the requisite paytriot standoff. On the day of the default judgment and arrest warrant being issued, Bundy send out a text message to his followers that requested them to show up at his home:
EMERGENCY ALERT...Ammon Bundys home in idaho [sic] is currently surrounded by law enforcement. He is calling for people to come to his aid.
Bundy was trying to anticipate the "surrounding" of his home and essentially lied to the recipients about there being a police presence at the residence. In the end it was only one enforcement vehicle that showed up. So much for being surrounded.

Sone links to the information above:

https://www.rawstory.com/ammon-bundy-la ... ral-court/

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/crime ... a2a78f1b07

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/local ... 32f511d865

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ammon-bun ... court-loss

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loc ... 42131.html

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:37 pm It appeared earlier in the case that Bundy & Co. had defaulted, but then St. Luke's served an amended complaint. I'm not sure if they are currently in default, however. Depending on Idaho law, even if they are, a jury trial might still be in order to determine damages. Bundy, in his usual rambling, semi-incoherent manner, appears to have claimed that he has decided "not to participate". He may, in fact, be judgment-proof, but one would think that a judgment against an Idaho rancher would have a significant effect on his ability to do business. One can hope.
The issue of St.Luke's being able to collect has caught my eye in regards to some mixed messages that Bundy has sent. Somewhere in the mix of links above, the press reported Bundy earlier stating that he was taking steps to prevent the court and St. Luke's from recovering from his assets, including his home. Later another quote has Bundy saying that the attorney firm for the hospital had filed liens against him which forced him to sell his house and pay the lien off.

The story is unbelievable for me since I know of no way that you can record a notice of a valid lien before a judgment has been issued by the court against a defendant in a civil case. In Bundy's case, the judge has only found Bundy liable but there has been no ruling about how much of the $7.5 million the court will award. Any notice of a lien requires that a dollar amount be featured. And as you point out, wes, this may need to go to a jury trial to determine those damages. And in this particular case, the legal firm would be recording a notice of the judgment, not a notice of lien.

So why is Bundy claiming that the law firm recorded a lien against him? I am wondering if Bundy arranged for typical sovrun "liens" that will appear to cloud the title of the property and delay any of his assets being taken to satisfy the judgment (if any amount is approved by the court)? Or if he has arranged for a fraudulent sale of the property to hide the fact that he still retains control and use of the property while maintaining he is impoverished in order to defeat any sale of the assets? Both have been attempts by tax deniers and sovruns in the past once the government has taken steps towards encumbering the assets.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Another follow-up on the Bundy trial in Idaho.

Key item in this story:
Bundy, meanwhile, recently told followers that he would rather “go back to Heavenly Father” than return to jail — though contempt convictions generally carry a maximum jail sentence of five days under Idaho law.

Bundy also maintains he won’t stop making the allegedly defamatory statements against St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center regardless of any court ruling, because he claims his liberty is at stake.

“I believe it’s my absolute right to be able to say those things,” Bundy told The Associated Press in April. “The judge doesn’t have the authority to take those away, they’re inalienable rights.”

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

He is right. It is his inalienable right to be a douchenozzle. Nothing in the law says that right will be taken away, even if he went to jail. Does not mean that there won't be consequences for being a douchenozzle.