Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Rise of the Moors Results In Arrests

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:39 am
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:49 pm For the proper definition of "well regulated", we must look to Article I, Section 8, Clause 16 of the Constitution, describing the powers granted to Congress:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
I'm asserting politics on this one. It's relevant to the Moors' viewpoint, but the accuracy is disputed.

Although the Moors are not "well-regulated" under any definition.
I disagree. A quote from the Constitution is not a political act. It's an answer to a legal question; and the quote shows, as Arthur notes, that the RotMer definition of "well regulated" is completely at variance with the law.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I didn't see this as a political assertion either. This is not an issue of 2nd Amendment rights, since the Moors are asserting themselves to be a "militia." Obviously Article I, Section 8, Clause 16 is the law that applies to this particular claim and not the 2nd Amendment. Of course, the Bey City Rollers will claim that they are not subject to the US Constitution but at that point their hypocrisy of wanting to claim rights, such as the 2nd Amendment, while denying any requirement to obey the law of the Constitution undermines their whole position.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Only thing that needs to be said:
This group [insert name here] has beliefs that have no basis in law. Or reality. Just like every other sov group.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:49 pm For the proper definition of "well regulated", we must look to Article I, Section 8, Clause 16 of the Constitution, describing the powers granted to Congress:

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
The critical point here is that the "authority" granted here is to the US gov't in that it gets to regulate, run and otherwise control, and what they don't do is left to the states. NO WHERE does it say that some drunk ass yahoo(Krapt Karl) and his collection of drunk sorry ass followers(all his little imaginary friends) get to form or call themselves a militia. The days of getting your drunk ass buddies together and electing officers and calling yourself a militia are long over, if they ever existed under the Constitution, which I don't think they did. So what Karl has is a (an imaginary mob at that) drunken insurrectionist mob. If he was really a student of history he know just how well that ended under Washington.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
BoomerSooner17
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:47 pm So what Karl has is a (an imaginary mob at that) drunken insurrectionist mob. If he was really a student of history he know just how well that ended under Washington. [/color][/b]
And ironically enough, it was quelled by the actual militia.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:47 pm ...some drunk ass yahoo(Krapt Karl)...
I have lost track of who this is referencing.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:55 am
notorial dissent wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:47 pm ...some drunk ass yahoo(Krapt Karl)...
Boomer was talking about the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791-94, when President Washington called out the local militias to suppress an armed insurrection.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:55 am
My bad, brain was off woolgathering. I was talking about l\one of the militia in his own mind who falls in to this group, thinks he has a militia at his beck and call and goes off about the Tenth all the time, basically a sovcit nut with the emphasis on the nut part.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:04 am Boomer was talking about the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791-94, when President Washington called out the local militias to suppress an armed insurrection.
I recognized that reference. But I was referring to nd's reference to who "Karl" was. There was no "Karl" that I know of that participated in the Whiskey Rebellion.

At this point, I am guessing that "Karl" was just a fictional entity that nd was using to mock sovs who think that they can just form militias at the drop of a hat.

notorial dissent

The Observer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:21 pm
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:04 am Boomer was talking about the Whiskey Rebellion of 1791-94, when President Washington called out the local militias to suppress an armed insurrection.
I recognized that reference. But I was referring to nd's reference to who "Karl" was. There was no "Karl" that I know of that participated in the Whiskey Rebellion.

At this point, I am guessing that "Karl" was just a fictional entity that nd was using to mock sovs who think that they can just form militias at the drop of a hat.
My bad, Kapt Karl is one of the Bundy hanger ons, claims he has a 40,000 man militia at his beck and call, 40,000 of his little imaginary friends is the problem. He was mentioned in the Malheur mess, he also did a bunk before he could get arrested.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The noble Kaptain Karl
Had 40 thousand men
He marched them up the hill, but when
He looked, they were gone again
And when he said down they were up
And when he said up they were down
But whether told them down or up
They were nowhere to be found!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I considered that given the dim understanding that RotM has of history and law, that perhaps "consul" was in reference to the former magistrates of the Roman Empire, but that might be stretching things a bit.
Caligula's horse. They want a horse to attend trial.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gregg wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:36 amCaligula's horse. They want a horse to attend trial.
So as to provoke an international Incitatus.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

At least with Caligula's choice you got an entire horse.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The RotMers had another court appearance last Monday, but the DA requested that he be given more time to wade through the evidence due to the fact that there were 10 defendants. Apparently the biggest problem is waiting for the state lab to process all of the seized firearms for ballistics, potential criminal use, and even DNA!

The Beys were not happy with this request, and even unhappier with the judge granting the delay until September 8th. Given that the DA had previously been granted a delay in this case, the Men in Fezes were seeing conspiracy.
“If this were about justice; you would hear this as one case, all of us would be detained together and we would be charged as a militia,” Jamhal Talib Abdullah Bey said via Zoom. “(The state) is keeping 10 men in jail with no merit, no cause. I’m ready to move today.
I have never heard of an entire paramilitary unit being charged in a civilian criminal court, but maybe the RotMers know something that I don't.

Some of the feckless Fezzites have opted for traditional defense attorneys, even if some of them are being put on a "stand-by" basis. I know it has to be a traditional defense attorney because they made credible arguments to the judge, even if they were not going to win:
Christian Williams, of the Harvard Law School Criminal Justice Institute, appearing for Omar Malik Antonio El, complained of the state’s motion for continuance and said the state lacks good cause for the delay.

While an ongoing grand jury criminal investigation is a factor in granting continuance; it is only a factor, not a prime reason for granting a continuance, argued Williams, adding the state doesn’t even have that, just a date for the proceedings to start September 1.

In presenting his argument to release the men, Williams likened the day’s bench hearing to the start of a criminal trial. The state, he said, appears “woefully unprepared,” to proceed.

“If the Commonwealth doesn’t have evidence, it doesn’t have probable cause,” Williams argued, adding that delaying the hearings allows the state more time to support its allegations.
And of course some of the Moors are getting their priorities straight:
One defendant, Tarrif Sharif Bey, who is seeking to represent himself, claims he has been denied access to mail, which bar him from filing necessary paperwork, he said, including documents needed to change his name from the name listed on court papers to Tarrif Sharif Bey.
I guess he forgot to do this earlier when he got involved with the RotM; you would think that this would be like the first thing to do when joining up. But one he gets his name changed, I am sure Tarrif will expect everything to go his way in court. Certainly, the RotM supporters think that way:
Another supporter who declined to give his name, stood outside the courtroom after the proceedings and advised the other family members and friends to stand strong with each other.

“They want us to come against each other,” said the man, wearing a blue kaftan. “But we need to stand firm. They don’t have anything.”
Well, the DA must have something, given the fact that guns were seized from the Bey Men by police who observed the suspects carrying them in public. Worse, we have the problem of these road warriors then fleeing with these weapons from the police instead of surrendering. It is definite that our intrepid Moors do not understand the term "probable cause."

One other interesting development, which may or may not be related to the Massachusetts' case. A trio identifying themselves as "sovereign citizens" paid a visit to the US attorney's office in Providence, RI. It turns out they were armed, but an alert citizen had already called the police and they were taken into custody quickly and without a struggle. It is not clear who these sovs claimed identity with, and the chance of them being RotMers is not very likely, if we go by the fact that they were wearing cowboy hats instead of fezzes. But the RotMers hail from Pawtucket, which is right next door to Providence.

LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Come on, Famspear, we MUST be able to compose a suitable limerick for a Freeman from Pawtucket!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

In a move that should not shock anyone (unless you are a rabid fez wearer), a federal judge tossed the RotM's suit requesting federal jurisdiction, defamation and discrimination.

The judge pointed out the biggest flaw in the suit as being the problem that since the arrests had occurred due to the state intervening to enforce state law, there was no cause for the feds to move in and take over:
Federal courts must abstain from preventing the state from “carrying out the important and necessary task of enforcing laws against socially harmful conduct the State believes in good faith to be punishable under its laws and the Constitution,” McConnell wrote, citing a 1971 ruling.
McConnell also pointed out the Beymen had failed to "even remotely" state "a defamation claim.” The RotMs had also made the fatal error of filing the suit as a corporation, and thus RotM had no right to represent itself (since the arrested had refused to hire or accept counsel). And their claim to be exempted from court fees failed since they had never submitted any documentation in support of that claim.

Adding insult to injury, it appears that the government didn't bother to have an attorney listed as representing the feds. This is about as bad as a baseball team failing to send any batters to the plate, yet still manages to score runs against the most inept pitcher in history. I am guessing the government felt that they could just call it in.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The RotMs appeared one Moor time in court when several of them faced arraignment on charges of weapon violations.

The most important issue in the arraignment was the prosecution pushing to have the 3 men charged kept behind bars as being potentially dangerous. Evidence was entered from body cameras (apparently worn by the RotMers) at the scene that captured dialogue showing that the the men trying to organize some sort of response to the police appearing:
If they start walking toward us, spread out. They're acting funny and they're moving funny. Where's your arm at? You're a sniper, so get your sniper and go to the front of the van.
And the police were reportedly told by another Moorite the incident would have turned out differently if they could have called in reinforcements.

The men appearing at the arraignment resorted to the usual sovcit courtroom tactics by interrupting, shouting at the judge, and contesting that the names appearing on the court documents were not their names.
“They don’t have jurisdiction over me with anything,” Jimenez shouted as the court clerk read the charges. “I am not a U.S. citizen.”
And of course they submitted "evidence" backing up their claims of not being US citizens and that they are Moroccans. Such evidence included a print out of the Moroccan flag (no idea if it had gold fringe) and a copy of the "Zodiac Constitution"; whatever it was, it didn't help, since he judge postponed the hearing until this coming week since he wanted to go through all the evidence provided so far.

Two more men that were arrested were having arraignments later in the week.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ROTM made the news again when a female member decided that the State of Massachusetts violated her rights by not returning her to Arkansas after they arrested her for having a gun illegally in the state and driving a vehicle that - you guessed it - not registered nor insured. Apparently she turned up at the courthouse in support of her fellow Beyites with a semi-auto pistol, 16 magazines and 21 rounds of ammo (that averages out to 1.3125 round per magazine but maybe she likes showing off her magazine-switching skills between pulls of the trigger. OK, OK, I realize that she probably was going to fill out two magazines completely - at least I hope she was thinking of doing that). She was smart enough to leave the gun and the ammo in her car but parking in the court lot with the unregistered car only attracted more attention than she would have normally gotten.

And like most typical sovrun silly suits, she is asking for $70 million.

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I love the way that this idiot claims to be not bound by the laws applicable to the rest of us, but she is quite willing to claim an expansive Second Amendment right.