More Moors

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

The Observer
Further Moderator

More Moors

Post by The Observer »

Another group of Moors ran afoul of local county laws after starting a firing range on a member's property. in Maryland.

Honorable mentions are the one member - Lamont Maurice-EL (aka Lamont Maurice Butler) who issued a "writ of error" as one of his many efforts at sovrunry to derail the county's attempts to shut down the firing range. As "Consul General of the Morocco Consular Court at the Maryland state republic", Lamont saw nothing illegal in issuing this writ. He has done this kind of thing before when he tried to establish occupancy of a large mansion in Maryland; at that time he ended up being found guilty on multiple charges.

Of course his claim is based on that old treaty nonsense that Moors claim gives them the right to do as they please outside the current borders of Morocco.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: More Moors

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

The Observer wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:24 pm Another group of Moors ran afoul of local county laws after starting a firing range on a member's property. in Maryland.
Unfortunately, in their attempt to seem unbiased, the Washington Post article doesn't make it clear that everything related to the Moors is complete and utter fiction. They make it seem that the Moorish world view is perhaps plausible but ultimately mistaken, instead of being so laughably wrong that it is worthy only of derision. But they're not simply making a misinterpretation of an historical document that some percentage of people might make. They're inventing a fantasy that has absolutely no basis in the source documents cited.

One interesting paragraph from the article:
Officials at the genuine Moroccan Embassy in Washington also did not respond to a request for comment.
I wonder what the poor press officers at the Moroccan Embassy felt, trying to make sense of this lunacy. They're being besmirched by a bunch of loons who claim to be Moroccan but who not only have never been there but probably couldn't find Morocco on a world map.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Things heated up in the courtroom when Lamont and his co-defendant made their initial appearance in court (via Zoom). And in typical sovrun mode, Lamont tried several tactics to disrupt the hearing. He kept interrupting the judge, talking over her and saying "Objection!" whenever she spoke to him, referred to him or asked benign questions (like "Do you have a home address?"). Lamont pulled the old "legal fiction identity" tactic and said he was not going to stand in for the person named by the judge. Finally the judge muted him and told him that this was going to be a conversation and until he could do so, he could remain on mute.

Lamont also invited a lot of his Moors compatriots to the hearing, via his website:
Calling all Moorish American Nationals to be physically present on 12/30/2022...We need every one of you (near or far) to show up!!!
To his credit, he got 6 or 7 to show up, dressed in red and carrying a worn-out red flag. One of them, a woman, claimed to be Lamont's legal representative. But the judge quickly got that issue resolved when she established that the woman was not a lawyer and not licensed to practice before the court. The woman refused to sit down and the group tried addressing the court. The judge, after a couple of attempts to get them to sit down and shut up, had the bailiffs remove them. The Moors yelled "treason" as well.

Its quite evident that these Moors have no idea what the term "treason" means. But they seem utterly fascinated with using it whenever they feel they need to object to the court carrying out its duty.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

The Observer wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:22 pm Its quite evident that these Moors have no idea what the term "treason" means. But they seem utterly fascinated with using it whenever they feel they need to object to the court carrying out its duty.
The idea that anything they don't like is treason seems to be common to a lot of sovcit/FOTL types.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The lack of depth in the reporting is sadly expected; there is an opportunity here to embarrass and shame these nitwits publicly that would go a long way in making their ilk a laughing stock. Apparently no one wants to tread that ground.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

Judge Roy Bean wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:33 am The lack of depth in the reporting is sadly expected; there is an opportunity here to embarrass and shame these nitwits publicly that would go a long way in making their ilk a laughing stock. Apparently no one wants to tread that ground.
There are no tv ratings/online clicks/newspaper sales/FaceBook likes in it.

We got a little of it in the trial of the guy in Wisconsin who drove through the parade. But that was not covered very extensively outside of Court TV.

I think that one of the worst things that has happened in my lifetime, is the practice of rating TV news shows. When Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley and other great news reporters were active, news programs were not rated. The networks considered news departments to be a public service, not a profit center.