Sov Trump Wannabe-Amicus (Brady Byrum)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Sov Trump Wannabe-Amicus (Brady Byrum)

Post by wserra »

We've run across Brady Byrum before. He's a longtime Kent Hovind associate whose involvement in the so-called "Baby Holm" case drew some attention here. I had some issues with that topic - not because of Byrum, but that's another story.

Anyway, in the election-interference case against Trump pending in D.C. District Court, Judge Chutkan has denied filing to innumerable attempts at amicus briefs. That's basically par for the course. Only the individual(s) charged in a criminal case have a legal interest in its outcome, so amicus briefs are rarely permitted. When a document is denied filing, it (of course) isn't available on PACER, so we don't know whether the various wannabe-amici wanted Trump canonized or hanged from the nearest yardarm.

Unless someone screws up. A couple of days ago, Trump attorneys filed notices of appeal from the DJ's denial of his motions to dismiss. When that happens, a clerk will file the notice(s) of appeal and current docket sheet, along with copies of the order(s) appealed from, as a kind of heads-up to the Court of Appeals. The clerk did so this past Friday (doc 180, docket 23-cr-257 (TSC)). Because Judge Chutkan's decisions were lengthy, that document is 188 pages. It appears, however, that the first two pages of Byrum's rejected filing were sitting on the clerk's desk under the 186 pages of the actual filing, and got scanned along with the rest. Here they are:

As you can see, Byrum has a right to file whatever he wants because he is "a member of the sovereignty", citing three completely irrelevant cases. Refusing filing would violate - well, just about everything. He possesses "newly discovered exculpatory evidence". I can't even imagine the loss we all suffer as a result of not being able to read it.

So how did I happen to find this piece of epic? Short answer: I didn't. Our friend and colleague Donald Netolitzky did. He actually described to me in an email how that happened; it amounts to "Don't even think about playing Trivial Pursuit against him". If I need to find a needle in a haystack, I know whom to see.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Sov Trump Wannabe-Amicus (Brady Byrum)

Post by JamesVincent »

I didn't know Jack Smith was on trial. Must have missed something.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"