Plan to track down justice's children (Kenneth W. Leaming)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Plan to track down justice's children (Kenneth W. Leaming)

Post by obadiah »

A Spanaway man purportedly connected to a Washington anti-government group is now accused of filing bogus liens against judges and federal agents involved in the prosecution of “sovereign citizens.”

Arrested last week, Kenneth W. Leaming is accused of retaliating against law officers by way of frivolous, multibillion-dollar liens meant to intimidate public officials who’ve prosecuted or jailed members of the so-called sovereign citizen movement. He is also alleged to have planned to harass the children of U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/ ... z1f7IOkmwY
And the beat goes on.
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Plan to track down justice's children

Post by fortinbras »

Under a law enacted 3 years ago, this stunt against any federal employee (including judges and IRS employees) is now a serious felony with each offense worth up to ten years of durance vile.
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

Fraud blogger Patrick Pretty has been providing some ongoing updates of the Ken Leaming case.
Seven firearms were found last week at the scene of the arrest of Kenneth Wayne Leaming in Spanaway, Wash., the office of U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan of the Western District of Washington said last night.
Leaming was one of a small raft of sovereigns who got caught up in the the 2008 AdSurfDaily ponzi scheme. Curtis Richmond and Christian Oesch being among the others. Between them they filed, or attempted to file all manner of liens, motions and demands in the related forfeiture case yet as a surprise to no one, none of their sovereign legal super powers met with any success in court.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Curtis Richmond? I haven't heard that name in a while. I had the misfortune of tangling with him in a lawsuit in San Diego some years ago (which wound up with Richmond being held in criminal contempt of court).
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The DJ presiding over Leaming's case has issued one great opinion. First let's bring the saga up to date.

Leaming was originally represented. He wished to file certain, well, documents which his lawyer obviously refused to file. Things like "Motion to Dismiss for Lack of Venue Jurisdiction" and "Declaration and Verified Motion to Dismiss and Vacate Action for Cause" and many others. The reader should feel free to attempt to parse this gibberish in the event that at the moment s/he has nothing better to do than watch paint dry. Judge Leighton could have ignored the nonsense completely, as Leaming was represented. He nonetheless rules: "Defendant must follow the law like everyone else. Defendant’s motions are meritless and DENIED." Well put.

But Leaming is made of sterner stuff. The pro se gibberish continues. He, for example, is high on "Mandatory Judicial Notice"; the link leads to one of many such documents. Finally, a month ago, Leaming's long-suffering (court-appointed) lawyer tells the Court that Leaming wishes to be pro se (he is good at concealing the "Thank God!" that had to accompany the motion). The Court granted Leaming's motion a couple of weeks ago, so he is now pro se. Needless to say, that ruling just intensified the gibberish blizzard. This past Friday, he filed eight pieces of epic, among them his magnum opus, a "Judicial Misconduct/Disability Complaint with the Ninth Circuit".

Why is Leaming all hot and bothered about Judge Leighton? Well, it's likely because of the order the Court entered last Tuesday, disposing of all then-existing bullshit in one swell foop. I won't link to it, because it's worth reproducing in its entirety:
Judge Leighton wrote:Defendant has filed yet another document entitled “Mandatory Judicial Notice.” (See Dkts. #99, 86, 66, 59, 58.) The “Mandatory Judicial Notice” notifies the Court that Defendant “relies in good faith on the public/commercial REGISTRY entries as published at http://www.peoplestrust1776.org, inclusive of Universal Law Ordinance, UCC #2012096074 . . . .” For lack of a better term, this is gobbledygook. The Court is unsure of the document’s purpose, and given its undecipherable nature, no response is expected from the Government.

Defendant is apparently a member of a group loosely styled “sovereign citizens.” The
Court has deduced this from a number of Defendant’s peculiar habits. First, like Mr. Leaming, sovereign citizens are fascinated by capitalization. They appear to believe that capitalizing names has some sort of legal effect. For example, Defendant writes that “the REGISTERED FACTS appearing in the above Paragraph evidence the uncontroverted and uncontrovertible FACTS that the SLAVERY SYSTEMS operated in the names UNITED STATES, United States, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and United States of America . . . are terminated nunc pro tunc by public policy, U.C.C. 1-103 . . . .” (Def.’s Mandatory Jud. Not. at 2.) He appears to believe that by capitalizing “United States,” he is referring to a different entity than the federal government. For better or for worse, it’s the same country.

Second, sovereign citizens, like Mr. Leaming, love grandiose legalese. “COMES NOW, Kenneth Wayne, born free to the family Leaming, 20 December 1955, constituent to The People of the State of Washington constituted 1878 and admitted to the union 22 February 1889 by Act of Congress, a Man, “State of Body” competent to be a witness and having First Hand Knowledge of The FACTS . . . .” (Def.’s Mandatory Jud. Not. at 1.)

Third, Defendant evinces, like all sovereign citizens, a belief that the federal government
is not real and that he does not have to follow the law. Thus, Defendant argues that as a result of the “REGISTERED FACTS,” the “states of body, persons, actors and other parties perpetuating the above captioned transaction(s) [i.e., the Court and prosecutors] are engaged . . . in acts of TREASON, and if unknowingly as victims of TREASON and FRAUD . . . .” (Def.’s Mandatory Jud. Not. at 2.)

The Court therefore feels some measure of responsibility to inform Defendant that all the
fancy legal-sounding things he has read on the internet are make-believe. Defendant can call himself a “public minister” and “private attorney general,” he may file “mandatory judicial notices” citing all his favorite websites, he can even address mail to the “Washington Republic.” But at the end of the day, while sovereign citizens and Defendant cite things like “Universal Law Ordinances,” they are subject to both state and federal laws, just like everyone else.

For the reasons stated above, no response is required by the Government.
An instant classic. Not that it will have any effect on Leaming.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:....Needless to say, that ruling just intensified the gibberish blizzard.....
Now there's a term: "gibberish blizzard......"

I like it!

:)
Judge Leighton wrote:Defendant is apparently a member of a group loosely styled “sovereign citizens.” The Court has deduced this from a number of Defendant’s peculiar habits. First, like Mr. Leaming, sovereign citizens are fascinated by capitalization. They appear to believe that capitalizing names has some sort of legal effect. For example, Defendant writes that “the REGISTERED FACTS appearing in the above Paragraph evidence the uncontroverted and uncontrovertible FACTS that the SLAVERY SYSTEMS operated in the names UNITED STATES, United States, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and United States of America . . . are terminated nunc pro tunc by public policy, U.C.C. 1-103 . . . .” (Def.’s Mandatory Jud. Not. at 2.) He appears to believe that by capitalizing “United States,” he is referring to a different entity than the federal government. For better or for worse, it’s the same country.

Second, sovereign citizens, like Mr. Leaming, love grandiose legalese. “COMES NOW, Kenneth Wayne, born free to the family Leaming, 20 December 1955, constituent to The People of the State of Washington constituted 1878 and admitted to the union 22 February 1889 by Act of Congress, a Man, “State of Body” competent to be a witness and having First Hand Knowledge of The FACTS . . . .” (Def.’s Mandatory Jud. Not. at 1.)

Third, Defendant evinces, like all sovereign citizens, a belief that the federal government
is not real and that he does not have to follow the law. Thus, Defendant argues that as a result of the “REGISTERED FACTS,” the “states of body, persons, actors and other parties perpetuating the above captioned transaction(s) [i.e., the Court and prosecutors] are engaged . . . in acts of TREASON, and if unknowingly as victims of TREASON and FRAUD . . . .” (Def.’s Mandatory Jud. Not. at 2.)

The Court therefore feels some measure of responsibility to inform Defendant that all the
fancy legal-sounding things he has read on the internet are make-believe......
This is great stuff.

:)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, that was certainly succinct and to the point, and a pleasure to read.

And poor Learning is sitting there going, "But, but, but, he ignored all my magic documents that I put on public record at http://www.peoplestrust1776.org, and he ignored my Mandatory Judicial notice and I used capitals and everything."
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

But I found it in a lot of places on the Internet, so it has to be right!
It almost seems to not matter what we do here since:

1 - There are many more voices shouting louder messages contrary to our (reality-based) statements

2 - The neo-sovereigns see and hear only what they want. They aren't concerned with anything other than that which proves they were wronged and that there are magic words which will make all their problems vanish.

3 - It's NEVER their fault.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Southern Poverty Law Center has this to say about Kenneth Leaming:
A third member of the Sovereign Assemblies aimed his attacks higher. Kenneth Wayne Leaming (or, as he prefers to call himself, “Kenneth Wayne, sovereign man”) was arrested in November by the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force for sending bogus legal documents to the homes of the chief justice of the United States and the director of the FBI, and filing fraudulent commercial liens against numerous other government officials.

A self-described international lawyer and “attorney-in-fact,” Leaming, a felon, allegedly filed the fake liens on behalf of a former “business” partner, David Carroll Stephensen, who was convicted in 2005 of multiple counts of conspiracy to defraud the United States and failing to file tax returns. According to the criminal complaint filed in Seattle federal court, Leaming faces three counts of “retaliating against a federal judge or law enforcement officer by false claim.” Officers’ discovery of seven firearms in his home may result in additional charges.
--from Intelligence Report, Spring 2012, Issue # 145, Southern Poverty Law Center, at:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... ers-head-t
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

The sovereign's magical word
the judge considered absurd
and said "jail" quite plainly
while the sov cried mainly
"I can't believe this occurred!"
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Cathulhu wrote:The sovereign's magical word
the judge considered absurd
and said "jail" quite plainly
while the sov cried insanely
"I can't believe this occurred!"
Needed a slight fix
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Everyone's a critic!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
wserra

Post by wserra »

wserra wrote:This past Friday, he filed eight pieces of epic, among them his magnum opus, a "Judicial Misconduct/Disability Complaint with the Ninth Circuit".
Please don't think I read this stuff more than is necessary to make sure it supports whatever point I'm making. Moreover, as Judge Leighton points out, these guys are enamored of "grandiose legalese" (I'd probably say "grandiose pseudo-legalese", but close enough). Therefore, I routinely skip over sovruns' prolix introductory material. In the above doc, I just noticed the following: "COMES NOW Kenneth Wayne, a man, state of being, established by LIVE abortion on 20 December, 1955 . . . " "Live abortion"? WTF is that?

Whatever else it may be, it was a horrible mistake by his parents.
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

"COMES NOW Kenneth Wayne, a man, state of being, established by LIVE abortion on 20 December, 1955 . . . " "Live abortion"? WTF is that?

A caesarean would fit the bill in the sovereign world of daffy definitions.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I was particularly fond of the judge on Boston Legal, I think it was, who called everything he didn't understand jibber jabber, and I think that definitely applies to this, in spades.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:Whatever else it may be, it was a horrible mistake by his parents.
Only in that they failed to prevent his birth, not for want of trying.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote:A caesarean would fit the bill in the sovereign world of daffy definitions.
I'm afraid you're right.

Gah.
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:.....these guys are enamored of "grandiose legalese" (I'd probably say "grandiose pseudo-legalese", but close enough).....
Yes, a subtle but important distinction.....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

One interesting point revealed in the Judicial Misconduct/Disability Complaint. Leighton says he is protected by the terms of NESARA which was enacted by Congress on December 5, 2012. Who knew? I must have somehow missed it in the pre-Xmas rush.

If only Dove had been here with us to see it finally implimented. Hold it, what am I thinking? She died so she could go to the other side to work more closely with Beloved Ascended Master Saint Germaine and the NESARA Take Action Teams; well that, and to give the treacherous Pleiadian commander who was screwing around with the earth's orbit a beat-down. I guess she finally got the job done. Makes we mockers look like a bunch of donkeys.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I, too noticed the NESARA enactment date of 12/5/12; but so what? If someone is going to ignore the many factual follies of the NESARA fantasy, why should they worry about a little mistake in the date?
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools