The "Citizens' Grand Jury." (Larry Klayman)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: The "Citizens' Grand Jury." (Larry Klayman)

Post by wserra »

Sweet.

Most impressive to me: over the last decade - ever since Klayman v. Judicial Watch, Inc., 802 F.Supp.2d 137 (DDC 2011) - multiple courts have found GIL to be a general public figure. One might therefore expect that GIL would understand that, in order to avoid dismissal for failure to state a claim, he has to allege actual malice. If one does expect that, however, one fails to account for the quality of GIL's lawyering.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:10 pm Has anyone ever asked what the proponents of the 'Deeo State' actually is, what it does and just how it does it?

It seems to me that the public 'State' has enough problems in its day to day functioning at the executive level without some sinister covert forces butting in. It does seem to do a fairly good job with routine matters.
To a certain extent, the "Deep State" really does exist.

It consists of the deeply entrenched, civil-service bureaucracy.

Many Presidents and appointed government officials have, in the past, been frustrated that it was difficult to get anything done because they always encountered the enormous agencies and their "but, we've always done it this way" organizational culture.

However, I don't think that it is as organized or as focused as the right wing would have us believe. There is no "shadow government", issuing edicts and actively conspiring against the true patriots in the conservative movement.

It is simply the inertia of an organization with several million members. Its like trying to stop a train or turn a supertanker. It takes a long time and a lot of effort.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I would add to what noblepa said. It is also a large group of un-elected governmental workers who believe they should be policy makers, not the politicians. Everything from State Department to DMVs have people who are career workers who believe they know what's best and will push back on any move to change.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Yes....but.... The unelected government officials you describe don't think they ought to be policymakers....what they do think is that they actually have a job to do. And further that job is to be in the public interest...because they work for the people...not some yahoo who hasn't got a clue what they do or how or why they do it.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

Duke2Earl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:58 pm Yes....but.... The unelected government officials you describe don't think they ought to be policymakers....what they do think is that they actually have a job to do. And further that job is to be in the public interest...because they work for the people...not some yahoo who hasn't got a clue what they do or how or why they do it.
Yeah. I mean, they ARE policymakers, legitimately, under authority. I know enough about the US Civil Service/Legislator interface to know that I don't know, but in Canada the Minister of Sports and Recreation* does not personally spec out arenas, soccer fields, or bicycle helmets.

They say "We've passed new safety requirements for this sport, guys, get going." And the Ministry, mostly composed of people who have been there for multiple administrations, gets going. And makes policy.

They may even try to save the Minister from unworkable or bad political decisions by being ... creative ... with how they enact them.

File under: SovCits don't actually understand how government works but think they do, and that's why they lose their shit and howl about corruption when it does something they don't understand?

*Who does not exist. Ten Quatloos if you spot the reference.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

MRN wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:28 pm Yeah. I mean, they ARE policymakers, legitimately, under authority. I know enough about the US Civil Service/Legislator interface to know that I don't know, but in Canada the Minister of Sports and Recreation* does not personally spec out arenas, soccer fields, or bicycle helmets.
snip
Can I make a wild guess and go for The Mountie Song? .... skipping the long story of how I've listened to the band Arrogant Worms.
MRN
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by MRN »

eric wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:17 pm
MRN wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:28 pm
Can I make a wild guess and go for The Mountie Song? .... skipping the long story of how I've listened to the band Arrogant Worms.
*forks over the Quatloos*
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Thank you very much, with my new found wealth I plan to invest in a land speculation project in New Brunswick with my business partners from the Moncton branch of unifythepeople.ca mentioned elsewhere on quatloos. They have considerable acumen in business, especially commercial real estate, as evidenced by the fact that they're homeless street people. Their latest drug induced stream of consciousness video is a cunning plan to rent plots to street people in a disused gravel pit on a donation basis. Sounds like a great investment to me... All joking aside I do have sympathy for these folk, but they do have a lot of issues they need to sort out.