Call me Chuck (Charles D. Koss)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Re: Call me Chuck

Post by Cathulhu »

Famspear wrote: Based on recent news reports: Please, don't let my vacation be a Carribean or Gulf cruise......

:shock:
As the one (that I know of) here who has actually been shipwrecked, I concur!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

If Famspear should go on vacation
And want to see some other nation
He'll not go by ship
Because he's not hip
To toilet and power deprivation!
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Remember, it's not a real limerick unless it makes mention of that ancient Cape Cod fishing village of Nantucket.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

I love the question in the mini competency hearing about whether Koss has any history of delusions. Quite clearly Koss' whole existence at the moment is one big delusion.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

I'm on the third transcript now and this judge is about the most optimistic person ever. I don't know what in any of his interactions with Koss have led him to believe that he should be hopeful about anything but dang if he doesn't say how hopeful he is at least once on about every page. Personally, it was time to give up all hope back on transcript 1 because by transcript 3, what exactly gives the judge reason to hope that Koss won't be disruptive during trial?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

All I can say is GAHHH!!!!! That MJ is just setting up the poor trial judge for a long series of headaches, and the prosecutor for a bad trial.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

ashlynne39 wrote:I love the question in the mini competency hearing about whether Koss has any history of delusions.
Me too. I was hoping for an answer like, "No. But why do you ask, Lord Ganesha?"
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote:All I can say is GAHHH!!!!! That MJ is just setting up the poor trial judge for a long series of headaches, and the prosecutor for a bad trial.
As I wrote above, unless a competent defendant disrupts the trial, s/he has a constitutional right to self-representation. Yes, there is reason to believe Koss may do this, but the trial hasn't started yet.

I was a little surprised that the M-J didn't grant the govt's request to direct standby counsel to prepare to take over the defense, just in case. That would seems a wise precaution, one I probably would have taken.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Prof wrote:I have found that it is rare to find a USDJ who has this kind of patientce and politeness.
You are aware of the Bar & Grill Singers' take on this issue, right?

If not, beverages down, especially for the lawyers here.
- David Hume
notorial dissent

I quite understand that he has a constitutional right to make an utter and complete fool of himself, which he has already demonstrated a great capacity for, and have no problem with that, but given his past performance, I question whether he can actually do anything resembling defend himself, or as they say actively participate in his defense, and I agree, I think they should have appointed standby council whether he liked it or not, because quite frankly he needs it, and if he continues as he is currently, he won't be in the courtroom much. This is a train wreck just waiting to happen, and that being a given, Chuck is going to be inmate #xxxxxxx in fairly short order.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

Assuming the judges do everything they can to ensure Chuck has a fair trial, why not let him fail by trying to represent himself? After word of these courtroom failures gets around the sovcit community, maybe these nuts will be less likely to get there in the first place or, at a minimum, decide that once they're there they'll need competent counsel if they hope to get out of their mess.
notorial dissent

In what magical world???? Don't you know tha tthe courts are all corrupt and stacked against freemen?
gatsby
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by gatsby »

notorial dissent wrote:In what magical world???? Don't you know tha tthe courts are all corrupt and stacked against freemen?
:wink:
Ceteris Paribus

Post by Ceteris Paribus »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Famspear wrote:
The Observer wrote:Can someone send a message upstairs and see if we can get a little vacation time for Famspear?
Bear in mind that all formal requisitions for vacation time must, according to Illuminati Rule 603.25(c), be submitted in the form of a limerick.......

:Axe:
Comes now a minion by occupation
To submit an Illuminati application
That under 603.25 c
This should taken to be
A request for a Famspear vacation.

Citations of Illuminati code
Must be in the form of an ode.
To whom is ode owed,
And upon whom bestowed?
Ah, crap -- just flush down commode.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Ceteris Paribus wrote:
To whom is ode owed,
And upon whom bestowed?
That was odious....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Ceteris Paribus

Post by Ceteris Paribus »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Ceteris Paribus wrote:
To whom is ode owed,
And upon whom bestowed?
That was odious....
No doubt you meant "commodious".
wserra

Post by wserra »

On Monday, Koss was convicted on all counts. Sentencing now scheduled for June 26.
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Wow, that was quick. Obviously Chuck's magic words didn't work for him.
wserra

Post by wserra »

notorial dissent wrote:Obviously Chuck's magic words didn't work for him.
In fact, at least in front of the jury, he didn't even try. While the actual transcripts won't be available for a while, the minute entry shows that Koss wussed out and decided not to testify.

Big mouth - until it's time to step up to the plate.
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Obviously Chuck's magic words didn't work for him.
In fact, at least in front of the jury, he didn't even try. While the actual transcripts won't be available for a while, the minute entry shows that Koss wussed out and decided not to testify.

Big mouth - until it's time to step up to the plate.
He reminds me of a story which I read in a book about baseball, probably written by either Bill Veeck (As In Wreck) or Joe Garagiola. Apparently, a young hot-shot was trying out for a major league team; and despite being given several chances to take the mound, in practice or in a game, and show that his reputation was justified, he just didn't have the tools to make it onto the team. Among his parting comments were "you should see me fire that ball, out in back of my garage."

Koss can really fire legal doctrine at everyone... except where it matters.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools