Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by notorial dissent »

They are probably finishing lunch at this point not even 2pm yet.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

I just peeked at PACER, there's a note from the jury asking for the transcript.
943 - NOTE FROM THE JURY # 6 as to (01) Anthony T. Williams.
(ETA: link)
tmtoulouse
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by tmtoulouse »

guilty all counts
AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

So the jury were grifting free sandwiches after all!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Someone please refresh my memory.

He's not just doing 18 month for Florida with 22 years probation, he went up for something after that, didn't he? If not, that ought to be about over.

But this Federal thing, he's going to get serious time for this. Isn't he?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Two lunches, twelve jurors plus an alternate, $7 per sandwich. This whole scheme has cost taxpayers $182.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

PACER confirms, ATW has been found guilty.
945 - COURT'S RESPONSE NO. 1 re 943 as to (01) Anthony T. Williams - by JUDGE LESLIE E. KOBAYASHI on 3/3/2020.
(emt, ) (Entered: 03/03/2020)
946 - EP : Jury Deliberation Day 2 as to (01) Anthony T. Williams held on 3/3/2020.

12 Jurors reconvene at 8:30am to continue deliberation.

11:15 AM - 11:30 AM:
Court convenes regarding question #1 from the Jury:
Discussion held. Proposed response language discussed. Defendant objections noted. Court reads final response to be provided to the Jury.
Further jury deliberation continues.

Court notified at 2:35 PM that the Jury has reached a verdict.

3:00 PM - 3:25 PM:
Defendant, (1) Anthony T. Williams present in custody. Jurors present and informs the Court they have reached a verdict, and that it is unanimous.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams, found guilty as to Counts 1-32 of the Superseding Indictment.

Jury polled. Jury discharged.

Sentencing date for Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams, set for 6/24/2020 at 3:15 PM before Honorable Leslie E. Kobayashi.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams renews Motion for Judgment of Acquital - Denied.

Government moves to detain defendant pending sentencing. Court ORDERS defendant be DETAINED pending sentencing.

Defendant (01) Anthony T. Williams remanded to the Custody of the U.S. Marshal Service.
947 - VERDICT FORM as to Anthony T. Williams (1) Guilty on Count 1s-15s, 16s-32s.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Gregg wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 am Someone please refresh my memory.

He's not just doing 18 month for Florida with 22 years probation, he went up for something after that, didn't he? If not, that ought to be about over.
The 18 months was for pretend lawyering and impersonating a law enforcement officer, with the "private attorney general" thing, with fake badge and handcuffs.

He was serving 15+ years for basically the same scam as he was just convicted for in Hawaii, but under state charges in Florida. I don't remember the exact length of the sentence.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

What's the over/under on the number of pages of paper to be consumed by ATW contending, at exhaustive length, that his trial was unjust, unfair, a sham, a travesty, a face, an act of gross disrespect to a Private Attorney General, and a direct insult to God Himself?

I feel sorry for any of Anthony's cellmates.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Can't wait for LoneDummy's spin on this.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:48 pm Can't wait for LoneDummy's spin on this.
"Awwwwwk! Corrupt system! Jury pool stacked with pro-gubmint sheeple! Awwwwkkk! Judge afraid to rule in the favor of truth since she owes her livelihood to the gubmint! Mounds of evidence not even considered! Awwwwwkkkk! LoneStar wants a cracker!"

Does that cover it?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:38 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:48 pm Can't wait for LoneDummy's spin on this.
"Awwwwwk! Corrupt system! Jury pool stacked with pro-gubmint sheeple! Awwwwkkk! Judge afraid to rule in the favor of truth since she owes her livelihood to the gubmint! Mounds of evidence not even considered! Awwwwwkkkk! LoneStar wants a cracker!"

Does that cover it?
You have to add "awwwwwk! Disrespect to the servant of the Most High Yahweh Elohim Yahshua! Denial of freedom of religion! Awwwwwk! Constitutional violations! Awwwwk! Disrespect to the poor, for whom I am Counsel! Awwwwwk! Rejection of the Common Law!"
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Frater I*I
Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:20 am Someone please refresh my memory.

But this Federal thing, he's going to get serious time for this. Isn't he?
First the Punk A-- General got the unlicensed practice of law convictions that got him 22 years of probation. Knowing that you can't keep a SovCit down he went back to his usual antics and got felony convictions for grand theft and filing false docs, that got him 15 years on the chain gang and 15 years of probation to follow. With these new ones, he'll be looking at 15-20 to most likely run consecutive to his state sentence.

But my legal knowledge is just as a layman, your mileage may vary.... :shrug:
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
notorial dissent

Yeah, the way these things usually run he gets to do his state time THEN his Fed time. He's going to be really old and gray by the time he sees free sky again, and the FL probation on top of it.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:25 pm Yeah, the way these things usually run he gets to do his state time THEN his Fed time. He's going to be really old and gray by the time he sees free sky again, and the FL probation on top of it.
I wonder if he will have "seen the light" by the time he gets out and his probation begins, or will go back to his old ways, and get a quick return trip to the Graybar Hotel.
Baidn
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Baidn »

My guess is that he won't be able to help himself. He's not good at adapting so the only change I foresee is him claiming to have 30+ years of experience with the scam, which I guess will be technically true since he'll have served that much time :shrug: Hopefully anyone he approaches in the future will have the foresight to Google him real quick and he won't get a single victim next time. I don't wish awful fates in anyone but if Mr Williams dies penniless and alone in a gutter I'd say he walked that road willingly and with eyes wide open knowing the destination.
Build a man a fire you warm him for the night, light a man on fire and you warm him the rest of his life.
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by ScottComstock »

Any guesses as to what he'll receive as far as sentence?
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I thought the UPL sentence was suspended unless he pretended to be a PAG again?
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

ScottComstock wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:26 pm Any guesses as to what he'll receive as far as sentence?
There are Real Lawyers in this forum that have experience with the sentencing guidelines and have done fairly accurate predictions of sentences using the federal guidelines.

I would say, anecdotally, they will probably work to stretch this out into as much jail time as possible. First, he has run the scam previously in Florida, and was unrepentant because he did it again in Hawaii, and he did it other places, though he was not tried on charges in other states.

Second, he extracted a relatively small amount of money (perhaps a few thousand dollars) from each victim, but he cost each of his victims their home and thus the likely majority of their retirement savings. That is a fairly callous disregard for one's fellow man.

And there were apparently on the order of 150 victims. Not sure if that counts individuals, and thus about half as many houses lost because many of those 150 were married to each other, or if it was 150 houses lost. Either way, he operated on a fairly large scale.

It is nice to know that, if he gets another 15-20 here, he is likely to die in jail.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

And this is a guy who bills himself as Counsel To the Poor?

With that kind of counsel, they are better off pro se.