Post by rumpelstilzchen »

The Observer wrote:We don't consent.
rogfulton wrote: We don't consent.

Who's gonna be the third?
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
Me. I don't consent, either.
Motion carried.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: In Jail By Consent?

Post by Kestrel »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
rogfulton wrote:
ngupowered wrote:Btw, I require that all options be restored & and all posts hereto, except #1, be deleted, all done as soon as possible.
We don't consent.

Who's gonna be the third?
Me. I don't consent, either.
Nor do I consent.

Since time frame demanded is the very nonspecific "as soon as possible" I believe we are within our rights to define that term in our favor. I suggest "when hell freezes over."

I'll have another glass of Troll Ale, please.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
ngupowered wrote: Also delete all the posts hitherto except of course the initial.
Er, no. You've got to find three friends.
Eleven and a half hours to go.........
By the way, rumpel, how did this turn out?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

The Observer wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:
ngupowered wrote: Also delete all the posts hitherto except of course the initial.
Er, no. You've got to find three friends.
Eleven and a half hours to go.........
By the way, rumpel, how did this turn out?
He failed to attract support.
I suggest he should be forced to wear the biggest pair of clown shoes that are available. Even better if he does not consent.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Just to veer wildly on-topic for a second:
The Supreme Court wrote:"There is nothing in the Constitution that requires a court to permit a guilty person rightfully convicted to escape justice because he was brought to trial against his will."
United States v. Alvarez-Machain, 504 U.S. 655, 661-662 (1992) (citizen and resident of Mexico could be tried in a U.S. court for violations of U.S. law even though he had been kidnapped in Mexico and brought to the U.S. by force); Frisbie v. Collins, 342 U.S. 519, 522 (1952) (citation and footnote omitted; conviction and imprisonment in Michigan is constitutional even though defendant was forcibly and illegally abducted by Michigan police from Illinois). See also, Ker v. Illinois, 119 U.S. 436 (1886) (conviction in Illinois upheld even though the defendant "was in fact kidnapped and brought to this country against his will").

You're welcome.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I note that U.S. v. Alvarez-Machain also says:

"Respondent moved to dismiss the indictment, claiming that his abduction constituted outrageous governmental conduct, and that the District Court lacked jurisdiction to try him because he was abducted in violation of the extradition treaty between the United States and Mexico. Extradition Treaty, May 4, 1978, 1979. United States-United Mexican States, 31 U.S.T. 5059, T.I.A.S. No. 9656 (Extradition Treaty or Treaty)."

In plain English: he did not consent to the trial court's jurisdiction.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Sigh - the preceding 3 posts go right back to feeding the troll.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ngupowered
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by ngupowered »

Observer, of course. Even they can see that you're are being ridiculous.
Members of the public read these topics. What will an honest soul think of you "highly trained professionals" when you again & again fail to rebut presumptions, yet continue to deride, writing irrelevances, alter posts and take away my editing options.

Duke, yours would have been deleted anyway.
If this was my last post, you'd know I was inappropriately banned
You know I'm right you're wrong I'm wrong you know I'm right ...
I consent to ban other users and moderate their posts.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The Observer wrote:Sigh - the preceding 3 posts go right back to feeding the troll.
Two of the posts are reminding him of the truth that stands unrebutted, and is therefore affirmed.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ngupowered wrote:What will an honest soul think of you "highly trained professionals" when you again & again fail to rebut presumptions, yet continue to deride, writing irrelevances, alter posts and take away my editing options.
They will probably think, "Why did gnupowered consent to that happening?"

LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Why did these clearly educated and intelligent professionals put up with this driveling idiot for so long?
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

ngupowered wrote:So, I'm just gonna sit back, enjoy your circus and wait until you come up with the proof 8) Maybe Prof can help you out; he seems reasonable.
Way back on a prior thread [edited to add: and now I see repeated on this thread] you were shown decisions of the United States Supreme Court saying that a court may exercise jurisdiction in a criminal case even over a defendant who was kidnapped and brought into the country by force. Since the question you asked was a legal one, there is no greater proof than a decision of SCOTUS. All you have done since then (and before then, too, if truth be told) is troll. Sorry, ngu, you've got nothing.
Last edited by Dr. Caligari on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
JennyD
Captain
Captain

Post by JennyD »

ngupowered wrote:Yawn, thx for the confession Gregg but you people still haven't got anything.
Good thing you're confessing the standards of the forum though: "more common sense than a retarded monkey on crack".

Kestrel, not a woman in that picture; it throws fire. Btw, why is there not a kitchen in that picture?
Wouldn't that be a good place to have a hickup over where to lay your penny?

Jenny, I'm not concerned about that.

So, I'm just gonna sit back, enjoy your circus and wait until you come up with the proof 8) Maybe Prof can help you out; he seems reasonable.

Btw, I require that all options be restored & and all posts hereto, except #1, be deleted, all done as soon as possible.
Well I am concerned you asked me if I was close to my kitchen and now I "will" an answer (using your terminology) as to why that was so important? And I'm also noticing you have some male superiority women are scum vibe going on, I certainly don't give my consent to be talked down at by you... :twisted:
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

LaVidaRoja wrote:Why did these clearly educated and intelligent professionals put up with this driveling idiot for so long?
As I'm sure you'd agree, the answer to that question is usually "because that's what public servants, police officers, lawyers, and judges sometimes have to do as part of their job." What the answer is for us mad Quatloosians I don't know. Masochism?
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

ngupowered wrote:Kestrel, not a woman in that picture; it throws fire. Btw, why is there not a kitchen in that picture?
OK, so I posted what I hoped was a reasonably flattering portrait of Webhick, and the troll is saying, (1) the woman is not a woman, and (2) there should be a kitchen in the picture.

Hoooo boy. Andy, is there still a seat left in the nuclear-resistant bunker?
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
ngupowered
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by ngupowered »

Kestrel, who'd want to see a woman throwing red hot lava and emerging unscathe from an erupting volcano? hence, not a woman - A man on the other hand ...

Jenny, you're such a sweetie, even when wearing your devil person. You're not suppose to inquire of that which is not expressed.
Dorothy Dix wrote: Confession is always weakness. The grave soul keeps its own secrets, and takes its own punishment in silence.
Yet again, do not concern yourself with that which lacks support in the facts.

Now, do your duty moderators. The public sees your ridiculousness. Remove all answers thus far, except the two by LPC & Pottapaug.
If this was my last post, you'd know I was inappropriately banned
You know I'm right you're wrong I'm wrong you know I'm right ...
I consent to ban other users and moderate their posts.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

ngupowered wrote:Now, do your duty moderators. The public sees your ridiculousness. Remove all answers thus far, except the two by LPC & Pottapaug.
I don't consent having my posts altered by others
Sorry, can't do it without their consent.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JennyD
Captain
Captain

Post by JennyD »

Decided to read back on all of the posts in this and the other thread this came from, so let me understand:

1) this is the old fallacy that you can't be arrested, tried and jailed if you do not consent
2) the OP (gnu) believes that a summons is an "invitation"
3) He is also asking by what authority anyone judges and jails him..

About right?

OK let's start with the basic then Gnu: You agree that there is a government and as such that government does in fact make and pass laws, which you as a member of a civilized society must follow? Once you realize that, your question is answered. Even in Colonial times which Sovvies love to point out is where our government originated, they had arrests, courts and convictions, in fact a lot of the punishments they came up with make ours seem tame by comparison (oh baby give me Torquemada's playbook any day) so first you need to do away with the thought that noone but some God somewhere can judge and convict you, it's always been the way of a civilized society to be able to investigate, arrest, try, judge, and punish.. hopefully a trial by a jury of your peers but, a trial nonetheless.
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

JennyD wrote:Decided to read back on all of the posts in this and the other thread this came from, so let me understand:

1) this is the old fallacy that you can't be arrested, tried and jailed if you do not consent
2) the OP (gnu) believes that a summons is an "invitation"
3) He is also asking by what authority anyone judges and jails him..

About right?
Not quite. Those three were just excuses. Gnu isn't asking or arguing anything.

What both threads are really about is trolling. Nothing more. All he's saying is,
"Prove it - LALALALALA Can't Hear You LALALALA."
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
ngupowered wrote:Now, do your duty moderators. The public sees your ridiculousness. Remove all answers thus far, except the two by LPC & Pottapaug.
I don't consent having my posts altered by others
Sorry, can't do it without their consent.
Just to affirm, I don't consent.