Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by notorial dissent »

This sounds so very von Nutburtian. I will give them points for gall, the thing is ugly and expensive, and I'm betting will never actually see the light of day. I can't imagine they find to many takers at what they are charging a slug.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Might be a coincidence, but yelling "this is a revolution" before shooting...

http://abc7chicago.com/news/3-dead-in-s ... rt/102404/
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Cliven Bundy interview was aired this morning on NPR.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

The Bundy Saga is still bumbling along - ‘Private attorney general’ tells Bundy ranch gathering that most laws don’t apply to them at The Raw Story.

It's Jeff Ball of the Citizens Action Network. Maybe he needs a thread of his own?

ETA: I haven't posted the link but saw an article that claims Bundy owes more to the Feds in unpaid fees than all other ranchers combined.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

BLM and the local sheriff are still interested in pursuing Bundy for his antics. However, Sheriff Gillespie is blaming BLM for mishandling the incident earlier this year by going ahea despite his advice to wait.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

his advice to wait.
Uh he lost his first court case in 1998. Should they give him another decade?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Jeffrey wrote:Uh he lost his first court case in 1998. Should they give him another decade?
In my personal opinion, no. This should have been wrapped up long ago. But from what I understand, Bundy has been threating violence on this issue from the beginning and in light of what happened at Ruby Ridge and Waco, the government is concerned with the perception that it relies on overkill to resolve a situation such as this.

This is where the government mismanages its reputation and standing among its citizens and fails at getting lawbreakers like Bundy to be seen for what they really are. This is why I think shooting the cattle in a sudden quick raid and getting out would be the best way for the goverment to get this over at this point. Even if they only get a couple hundred head, the loss of these cattle would hit Bundy where it hurts him most - in the pocket book - and motivate him to move or sell the cattle before he loses more.

Why do I advocate destroying the property? Because it has been a policy of government, both state, local and federal to do so when squatters try to infringe on government property. As an example, in the local mountains near where I live, a guy built a cabin on state forest land in direct violation of the rules governing the forests. The forest service moved in and set the cabin on fire in a controlled burn while it was unoccupied. No messy confrontation with the squatter and no reason for them to come back and defend what is no longer there.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The website, CROOKS AND LIARS --- if the title confused you, it's about politicians, has a report of its own about the Bundy mess:

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/07/splc- ... nch-report

The Nation also has a new article:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/180619/12 ... h-standoff
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Reporting from Salon that may be of interest:
SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Latest news from the all-American Bundy family: Son gets nailed for multiple counts arising from a drug conviction that nobody mentioned until now:

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/26203914/ ... pt-charges

also:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1892924
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

drug conviction that nobody mentioned until now
So nobody in the national or local press took the time to run a criminal background check?
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Jeffrey wrote:
drug conviction that nobody mentioned until now
So nobody in the national or local press took the time to run a criminal background check?
Why would they do that? Either they were pushing the whole American Family bit or they were pushing for them to get shot. What the hell would they want facts for? Just confuse everyone.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Besides, that wasn't the story they were trying to sell.

I am willing to bet that any half way competent reporter could have gone in and talked to and listened to the locals and gotten quite an ear full, as I would bet there is not much local love lost on he and his spawn.

The more I hear about this man and his family the more I am convinced they really are prime poster children for the sovrun movement.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Somehow those militia thugs who were willing to draw a bead on BLM cattle herders were completely inert when it came to preventing the Bundy arrest - or springing him from the jail.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Cliven Bundy now declares that his refusal to pay for his cattle grazing and his stand-off with the BLM were all done at God's instruction:

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/l ... /13536097/
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

if theres one thing i cant stand its religious stupidity in ones law misinterpretations.

theres about a dozen places where the bible says clearly to obey the gov. for christs sake jesus even bummed some money to pay his tax. lol.

people cherry picking religion for their excuse are the biggest failures of all.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

bmxninja357 wrote:if theres one thing i cant stand its religious stupidity in ones law misinterpretations.

theres about a dozen places where the bible says clearly to obey the gov. for christs sake jesus even bummed some money to pay his tax. lol.

people cherry picking religion for their excuse are the biggest failures of all.

peace,
ninj
Don't get along with Menard very well then do you.

JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:Cliven Bundy now declares that his refusal to pay for his cattle grazing and his stand-off with the BLM were all done at God's instruction:

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/l ... /13536097/
National Chairman Kelly Gneiting, of Arizona, estimated 100 to 120 people attended the summit at St. George's Lexington Hotel. Bundy and former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack, a popular author on constitutional issues, questioned why more people weren't present in the largely full convention hall.

"Where is all of your college students? Where's our young and where's our old? Where's our black and where's our brown?" Bundy asked. "Where are you people? Aren't you interested in freedom and liberty? I'm not here to talk to a club."
They were probably afraid of being thrown in front of anything in the area. Buses, bullets, etc etc. Even funnier asking where the "black and brown" people are (in itself a racist statement) during a convention with Bundy, considering his racist statements and attitude.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Bundy's comments capped a day-long summit in which members of the "non-party" political party listened to speeches about subjects ranging from the dangers of antidepressant drugs to the dangers of the Common Core educational standards initiative.
This really sums it up. It's like a conspiracy theory buffet.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Seems the Bundy clan is going even further in the hole, looking for.... IDK. I give up.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/28/f ... et-knives/
Five of anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy’s grandchildren were removed from their Nevada schools because of a ban on bringing knives onto their respective campuses, KSNV-TV reported.

Bundy’s son Ryan Bundy pulled the children after officials with the Clark County School District informed him that his 15-year-old daughter would not be allowed to bring her pocket knife to Virgin Valley High School because it fell under the district’s zero-tolerance policy against weapons.

“They’re trying to make my child a criminal – and any other child a criminal – for simply having something, and that is not right,” Ryan Bundy told KSNV, adding that he planned to speak to the school’s principal and ask that she be allowed to circumvent the policy.
This situation really disgusts me. Oh, I was no lover of them before but this, to me, really takes the cake, for one reason:
The 15-year-old daughter, who was not identified, told KSNV that she hoped the dispute would be resolved soon, as she was looking forward to start her freshman year at Virgin Valley.
Now your screwing with, not only a child's education, but the right of the same child to have a stable school environment. To have her friends and teachers around her. To have a *normal* life, as normal as it can be around a bunch of whackjobs. I could on all day long about what I didn't like about the schools in MD., even as much as I like the schools out here I still have some issues, but to deny a child an education because you disagree with a school system banning pocketknives? When every school system bans them?