Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by grixit »

Cut the power, gas, water, phone and cable. Jam all cellular frequencies, but leave them a walkie talkie. Chase away the game so they can't hunt. They can amuse themselves with dramatic readings from Field and Stream for a while. If anyone tries to sneak out, use tear gas or net cannons and take them away.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I personally would go with 24 hour bagpipe music pointed directly at them at full volume. I like it, but most people don't and I would bet that crowd wouldn't appreciate it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

One interesting development is that several other sovrun/militia organizations are distancing themselves publicly from the takeover and criticizing the Bundys as instigators without a plan. Oathkeepers, as an example, has come out on their web site and generally accused Ammon Bundy of misleading the protesters into taking over the wildlife refuge. Other doubters believe that Ammon had no long-term plan in place and that this could end badly and cause poor publicity for the movement.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Cliven bundy has gotten into the act via the family website. He is calling for the government to meet with We The People.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Here is a video of Ammon Bundy posted to his Facebook page giving his spin on the takeover.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Also, an article from the Wall Street Journal that indicates that the takeover group plans to perform some land reform:
Meanwhile, the group was beginning to form committees to “work out the land transactions here in Harney County so we can assist people in claiming their rights back,” Mr. Bundy said.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The Oregonian has more quotes from Ammon Bundy regarding his plan to "return" government land to local ranchers.

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Too out there for the Oath Keepers then, that is saying something...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

For what it's worth, another vote for the no utilities, no contact with the outside world, nobody in and nobody out plan. Anybody attempting to leave gets arrested. Seeing it's all a publicity stunt anyway, deny them access to the media. I'm sure they will enjoy the winter.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Duke2Earl wrote:For what it's worth, another vote for the no utilities, no contact with the outside world, nobody in and nobody out plan......
I agree.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:
Duke2Earl wrote:For what it's worth, another vote for the no utilities, no contact with the outside world, nobody in and nobody out plan......
I agree.
At this point the press is reporting that the occupiers are getting meals cooked by women (presumably relatives) and people are bringing in groceries. If they are planning ahead, I would imagine that it wouldn't be beyond them to bring in a generator for power, heat and light. The government is going to have to sever the road and communications if they want a short and uncomfortable occupation.

LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Why short and uncomfortable? Make it LONG. Look how much image Ed Brown lost as his stand off dragged on, and on, and on......IF they can survive up there with NO government assistance (i.e. utilities) let them. Maybe by the May thaw, they'll have had enough.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Maybe we'll get lucky and when the food runs out they're resort to cannibalism.

Best ignore them other than making sure the rest of the universe ignores them, publicity whores these days have been known to die from being denied You-Tube.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Oh, and whoever does eventually come out needs to spend a few years in another federal facility.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

This is the latest example of what I call the "Lexington-Concord Fantasy".

For those who have not heard me mention it before, the people who hold this fantasy imagine themselves on a misty Lexington Common (where the first skirmish took place on April 19, 1775) or at the North Bridge in nearby Concord (where the second skirmish took place), personal firearms in hand, ready to repel the ebil gummint soljers who want to enslave them to the New World Order (or something like that). They believe that it was the colonial American militias who won the American Revolution, when it reality the Revolution was won in conventional military fashion, with major help from France and Spain; and they seek to give meaning to what they feel are meaningless, undistinguished lives by Standing Ready To Die For The Cause Of Freedom (or something like that).
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I'm giving it less than a month before someone declares this to be a false flag operation.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Post by Thule »

Actually, claims of "fed proveaucators" in the Lil' Bundy Club were spread even before you made your prediction.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot. ... three.html

One of the comments mentions that Alex Jones (yes, that Alex Jones) is begging Bundy to back down.
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Oregon activist says militia group hijacked his peaceful protest

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as- ... -1.3388939

interesting.
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self