Monat Lawsuit Alleges Fraud, Hair Loss By Users

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Monat Lawsuit Alleges Fraud, Hair Loss By Users

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Based out of Doral, FL, Monat is a company that sells hair care products through a direct sales MLM business model. The company was originally founded by the Urdaneta family in 2014 and has since expanded its' sales force and operations to cover the US, Canada and the EU.

Monat's webpage claims: "MONAT’s ingredients are naturally-based, safe, pure and sustainable. With a scientific board behind them to ensure quality and superior product development."

Users say otherwise, claiming Monat hair products cause hair loss and scalp sores. As consumer complaints about hair loss and scalp sores were piling up across the country, the FDA sent inspectors to the Florida facility where Monat products are made, and a federal report shows inspectors found filthy, contaminated conditions. official inspection report

A number of lawsuits have been filed by customers that complain about hair loss and scalp damage. Two of them are for $5,000,000 (USD) each.

Trisha Whitmire and Emily Yanes de Flores vs. Monat Global Corp.

Dana Sohovich vs. Monat Global Corp.

And there are others.

Now I'm not a lawyer, but I thought maybe wserra might like to take a look at these actions and keep us posted as to any new developments. Thanks!
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Monat Lawsuit Alleges Fraud, Hair Loss By Users

Post by fortinbras »

It's worth taking a look at Monat's science advisory board ....

https://monatglobal.com/scientific-board/

I probably wouldn't know who was highly esteemed for hair medicine anyway, but they have ....
A woman who started her very own guild of hair doctors and ranks high in the group she herself started;
An ophthalmologist who is bald,
An expert on detoxing with a seriously retreating hairline,
A non-doctor who describes his organizational talents in glowing terms.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Glowing, yes!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Hey, Doc! Good to see you back. Sorry it took me so long to reply. The beginning of the year is always like this, because trials from late October on tend to get pushed until after the new year.

Anyway, the Monat class actions have been consolidated into a single multi-district docket in Miami - 18-md-02841-DPG (FLSD). They're still getting the ducks in order. The master complaint has already been amended once; defendants have until early February to answer. It's actually pretty well-written for a legal doc (meaning that you can read it without going to sleep).

The real stuff hasn't started yet. I'll keep an eye on it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume