Brian & Jeannie Fazakas - Sovereign tax deniers

Moderator: Burnaby49

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Re: Brian & Jeannie Fazakas - Sovereign tax deniers

Post by Dr. Caligari »

NYGman wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 pm Great album, but I always liked Quadrophenia, and feel it was under appreciated, especially in light of Tommy. I mean 5:15 or Love Rain O'er Me are great songs too.
My favorite Who album, followed by Live at Leeds and Who's Next. I was never a big fan of Tommy.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
TBL
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TBL »

MRN wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:13 pm I am genuinely shocked that this should be what leads to my (probably temporary) delurking, but Burnaby49 has provided me with many hours of innocent pleasure and I don't wish him to suffer like this unnecessarily, so:

https://webstore.dageraadbrewing.com/

Are in Burnaby and have started delivering due to the lockdown.

Granville Island will also bring beer to your door:

https://orders.gib.ca/

Both seem to be being scrupulous about ensuring for everyone's sake that they keep their delivery vehicles and bottles, cans, and boxes clean and germ-free, too.

*relurks, probably*
That is fantastic news, thanks for coming out of hiding to let our illustrious Burnaby know!
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well if you're only going to break your on-line self-isolation for one post Burnaby49's ongoing welfare is a damn good topic to pick. Thanks for the tip, I actually hadn't thought about delivery. I'll look into it. I'll check out Steamworks, they are only a few minutes from me and I prefer their brews (I like the Kolsch) to Granville island. That said any port in a storm and Granville Island makes good beers too. I don't patronize Dageraad much. While it's in Burnaby it's in a difficult spot if you don't drive. I tend to drop in when I'm on Skytrain heading to Port Moody for their Brewery Row.

I actually don't drink that much beer at home. I much prefer being out and about patronizing our craft breweries. Callisters, Strangefellows, Off the Rails, Electric Bicycle, Faculty, Powell Street, Container, and all the others frequently see me occupying space at their bars. So I didn't have much of a stock on hand when everything suddenly closed down.

The liquor stores have been open all along but I've been in a very rigid self-isolation to avoid screwing up my shot at cataract surgery. However surgery now seems pretty solid and just a week away. After that's done I'll probably venture out and finally re-stock.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

jcolvin2 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 am With the coronavirus and its attendant economic dislocations, 2020 sucks. But I've got a feeling '21 is going to be a good year ...
But will the holiday camps be back open?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:47 pm
NYGman wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 pm Great album, but I always liked Quadrophenia, and feel it was under appreciated, especially in light of Tommy. I mean 5:15 or Love Rain O'er Me are great songs too.
My favorite Who album, followed by Live at Leeds and Who's Next. I was never a big fan of Tommy.
If you were a fan of Live at Leeds, I heartily recommend checking out the Live at the Isle of Wight album. It dates from the same time frame (1970), but was only released in the mid-1990s.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

jcolvin2 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:12 am
If you were a fan of Live at Leeds, I heartily recommend checking out the Live at the Isle of Wight album. It dates from the same time frame (1970), but was only released in the mid-1990s.
There's also Live At Hull.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Live Who is always great. I have been going to their farewell, goodbye, last tour shows since 1989. Including several Tommy concerts, Quadrophenia including one at MSG with all-star guests, and several other goodbye shows well into the 2010's. While I do love them, they seem to be drawing out there farewell tour over decades now. In fact, they have probably be saying goodbye now, for more time than they were the original who, with the great Moonie. I miss John playing, and Boris the Spider. Never got to see them with Keith.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Never got to see them with Keith.
I saw The Who live three times with Keith Moon (four, if you count the time in Boston Garden when he passed out into his drum kit during the first song.)
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Saw The Who in concert a few times; first concert was all the original members.

At my funeral, I want "Won't be Fooled Again" since it'll finally be true for me.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:51 pm
Never got to see them with Keith.
I saw The Who live three times with Keith Moon (four, if you count the time in Boston Garden when he passed out into his drum kit during the first song.)
I was at that same concert. My friend and I were behind the stage, and we had a perfect view of it all -- during "Substitute," which was actually the second song, he slumped over his drums, but recovered in time for the finish; and then he stood up and keeled over. He was probably kept under lock and key before the makeup show; and I remember him coming onto the stage first, and doing handsprings to say "I'm all right, now!"
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools