Sean David Morton at sea

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sean David Morton at sea

Post by Jeffrey »

Gannibal wrote:I had the same question as Jeffrey, about the legal "experts" he was going to have on his radio show. I missed that broadcast, and I'm very curious about who they are and what their strategy is. He was very insistent in the episode I did hear that he's going to get the whole thing vacated. :sarcastic:
I should have recorded it because the show was crazy. They were laughing and joking as if he hadn't been found guilty.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Some time back, Melissa Morton's sentencing was re-set for July 24, 2017. Sean David Morton was scheduled to be sentenced today, Monday, June 19. He did not show up for the sentencing. The court has ordered a warrant for his arrest.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:Some time back, Melissa Morton's sentencing was re-set for July 24, 2017. Sean David Morton was scheduled to be sentenced today, Monday, June 19. He did not show up for the sentencing. The court has ordered a warrant for his arrest.
We have a winner! Notorial dissent called a no-show for Morton earlier in this thread.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:
Famspear wrote:Some time back, Melissa Morton's sentencing was re-set for July 24, 2017. Sean David Morton was scheduled to be sentenced today, Monday, June 19. He did not show up for the sentencing. The court has ordered a warrant for his arrest.
We have a winner! Notorial dissent called a no-show for Morton earlier in this thread.
A prize of five coupons for free meals and drinks at the Intergalactic Quatloosian Illuminati Restaurant, Bar and Grill goes to Notorial!

:D
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sucker bet. :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:Sucker bet. :snicker:
But it could have been worse. You could have won second place:
Second place is for 50 coupons for free meals and drinks at the Intergalactic Quatloosian Illuminati Restaurant, Bar and Grill.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

We still have time yet, wifey isn't due for her sentencing for a while yet, still plenty of time to scarmper, if she hasn't already.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:We still have time yet, wifey isn't due for her sentencing for a while yet, still plenty of time to scarmper, if she hasn't already.
Oh, that is even more of a sucker bet. Remember, the family that scams together goes on the lam together.

notorial dissent

:snicker:
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

I think being an actual fugitive is just too much work for them. They strike me as low-effort scammers.

SDM thinks the Supreme Court is going to vacate his conviction. Claims it already has, in fact, but the paperwork is still in transit. :shrug:

I was listening as he hosted his radio show on the 19th; he seemed agitated but not worried. He did sign off in a hurry, though, and he sounded like he'd been calling in from his car. Someone on the live chat speculated that he didn't actually know that a warrant had been issued, and found out from following the chat or getting a message during the broadcast.

I bet he turns himself in and justifies it to himself as just a necessary evil while his inevitably victorious legal pleadings move through the system.

His wife is asking for donations to pay for movers and the deposit on a new apartment on GoFundMe. I assume she's also facing a custodial sentence, so that seems pretty scammy to me.
notorial dissent

I don't know about the too much work part, but I would definitely go with too complicated. They strike me as two not particularly bright con artists who got caught and thought they were so smart they'd never get caught or could talk their way out of it types.

They didn't at the time and don't now strike me as the kind to willingly go to jail, they aren't in to taking personal responsibility from what I've seen. I'd say in denial at the very least. I wonder if SDM realize that you've actually got to appeal your sentence before anything happens on it, and as far as I know there has been no appeal filed, at least to any real court of this reality.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

He appealed a few weeks ago, 17-50144. CA9 observed that since sentencing was still pending, the appeal was premature. Ordered him to show cause why it should not be dismissed, to which he responded:
I: sean david morton, do: selah
[The trial judge] has been falsely acting as a federal judge/magistrate since 1985 . . . therefore has been impersonating as a judge of the United Sates
I can see why he has done what he did, because he never had the chance (without proper cause) to nail someone like h did with me.
And he asked that the judge be retired from all future assignments, sentencing be stayed, costs, etc. Not a damn thing responding to CA9's very clear jurisdictional point, which is no surprise but still. Come on. They told you exactly what to write! Ugh.

He puts an inverted question mark in front of a lot of his questions, as if he were writing in moon spanish. Is that a known SovCit thing? I don't believe I've seen it before.
notorial dissent

New one on me at least.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

SDM did not call in to his own radio show today; they had a few substitutes in his place. The subs announced that they do not know where he is; supposedly neither does his wife, Melissa. According to them, she dropped him off at the courthouse Monday morning and hasn't seen him since. (I'm skeptical, but it's possible that he went to the courthouse and chickened out at the last minute.) Other hosts on the network are already jockying for his primetime slot.

The subs speculated that SDM won't be on the run for long, as he's not exactly made to be a fugitive. Rather put me in mind of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiDpaM2 ... tu.be&t=47

At least one of the subs was claiming a connection to the Malheur/Bundy crew, and ranted for a while about the "assassination" of L Finicum.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Morton apparently contacted his radio station colleagues this morning, and said he just needs "a week" or so to figure things out. And to complain that he'd heard they were firing him.

Anyone know how the fugitive thing works? He can't be a huge priority, so do they just post the warrant and wait for him to get picked up naturally?
notorial dissent

They won't be doing the manhunt thing, if that is what you mean, but they will be looking for him, and he's stupid, really really stupid, and they got him the first time, they'll get him again, and most likely real quick, and if wifey even looks like she had ANY involvement in this bad times ahead for her. His sentencing hearing, when it happens, and it will happen, is going to be a whole lot less pleasant than it would have before. The radio job is going to be the very least of his worries.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

His wife is trying to separate herself from this. She's claiming, through intermediaries, that she dropped him off at the courthouse on the morning of his sentencing and hasn't seen him since. No reason to disbelieve her, but...

...she has her own sentencing coming up in July*, and yet she's running a GoFundMe campaign to raise cash fro movers and a deposit on a new apartment. And claiming publicly that she's going to be moving back to Utah soon. Wishful thinking? Possible deal for a noncustodial sentence? No clue.

* I can't find any scheduled date for her sentencing on the docket. Not sure if I've just overlooked it, or if it wasn't docketed for some reason. I've heard people closer to the case say July, though.
notorial dissent

Whole lotta denial goin' on, I think.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Melissa Morton's sentencing is now set for July 24, 2017. Docket entry 212.

But what would a post about sovs be without some authentic frontier gibberish? Bet you didn't know that
"sean : - : david" could wave his magic pen and void his conviction:
There's a lot more I could go on and on but suffice it to say the matter is VOID ab initio and is REQUIRED to stop its uncalled for attack on me.. I dishonor the entire proceeding & object. I require and demand the case and jury conviction is discharged, vacated, set aside because it is void, not voidable.
Shazam!

"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

sean : - : david wrote:There's a lot more I could go on and on...

I am guessing that you will go "on and on", Sean, once they drag you into court. Not that it will do you any good, but I am sure we are in store for a lot more of your made-up nonsense.