Another Hendrickson Client Jailed - Warren G. Belcher

jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Another Hendrickson Client Jailed - Warren G. Belcher

Post by jcolvin2 »

Famspear wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:08 pm
The Observer wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:48 pm How many of those ten convictions were the result of the accused pleading guilty?
Good question!

Of the cases we know about, four pleaded guilty:
Eugene George Warner
Michael O'Daniel
Billie R. Schofield
James G. Allen, Jr.

Eight were found guilty by Federal court juries:
Peter Hendrickson
Doreen Hendrickson
Roger Charles Menner
Carmen D'Agostino
Gregory P. Boyd
James A. Stuart
James R. Back
Peter A. Giambalvo
A lurker on the Q just informed about the 2017 conviction (after a jury trial in the District of Maryland) of Hendrickson follower Dr. Warren Gregory Belcher:
https://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/mary ... ucting-irs

He ultimately received a jail sentence of 15 months.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Another Peter Hendrickson Client Pleads Guilty - James G. Allen

Post by notorial dissent »

It strikes me that there are at least two classes of Hendrickson followers. The "true believers/acolytes" that professed their successes/frauds on the website and happily crowed about it, until they didn't anymore, and the ones who needed a legitimate sounding reason/any port in a storm variety who latched on to it to justify what they had already done. Which is a wide disparity. We've heard about those who latched on to it, and failed and made the courts, but never were mentioned on the CTC board, and I think there were actually a fair number of them.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

For the trial, Belcher filed his exhibit list. He proposed ten items, five of which were copies of pages from the lost horizons dot com web site and one of which was a copy of the book, Cracking the Code.

Belcher is inmate # 62968-037 at the Federal Correctional Institution Petersburg, at Hopewell, Virginia. He is scheduled for release on August 22, 2019.

EDIT: For the record, the case is United States v. Warren Gregory Belcher, case no. 17-cr-00134, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. The judgment of conviction and sentence were handed down on May 2, 2018.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On April 12, 2018, the Maryland State Board of Chiropractic Examiners issued a Final Order of revocation of Belcher's license as a chiropractor, for violations of various Maryland laws relating to his practice. (The Order noted that Belcher's license had already expired on September 1, 2017.) The Order also mentioned that Belcher had been found guilty of the Federal tax crimes. See Final Order of Revocation of Chirorpactic [sic] License, In the matter of W. Gregory Belcher, D.C., License No. 01356, Respondent, Before the [Maryland] State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, case no. 16-69C (April 12, 2018).

I wonder what this guy is gonna do once he gets out of Federal prison.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:11 pm For the trial, Belcher filed his exhibit list. He proposed ten items, five of which were copies of pages from the lost horizons dot com web site and one of which was a copy of the book, Cracking the Code.
And Hendrickson will claim the other 4 exhibit items were to blame for Belcher losing.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Another Hendrickson Client Jailed - Warren G. Belcher

Post by wserra »

Another chiro.

I gave Belcher his own thread for a couple of reasons. First of all, it's always good to emphasize how many of Pete's acolytes have crashed and burned. Second, there's some funny shit in this file.

After being notified that he was a target, Belcher decided to meet with the govt - two AUSAs and a CID special agent - to try to talk them out of indicting him. Without a lawyer. This is generally viewed as a Bad Idea. It certainly was in Belcher's case. The CID agent wrote a detailed memo of the meeting. Does anyone think a Cheek defense survives that meeting? While the DJ precluded the govt from using that meeting on its direct case, the stuff about how Belcher knew that Peteshit had failed at every courtroom encounter - including Pete and Doreen's, trial and appeal - is all still available for cross-examination.

We all know that Hendrickson is "all about the rule of law", right? Well, I was somehow unaware that "the rule of law" includes submitting altered 1099s and threatening your payors and accountant if they didn't back you up. In fact, the "rule of law" says that such conduct shows consciousness of guilt.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Belcher was at least amusing, something you can't say about most of Pete's self immolatory followers. Although the end result was the same.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:41 pm Another chiro.

We all know that Hendrickson is "all about the rule of law", right? Well, I was somehow unaware that "the rule of law" includes submitting altered 1099s and threatening your payors and accountant if they didn't back you up. In fact, the "rule of law" says that such conduct shows consciousness of guilt.
My father was a witness in a similar situation back in the early 60's. One of his clients took the completed return and altered it before mailing it in. Fortunately for Dad, he never threw anything away and years later, was still able to find his copies of the documents. The threats started just after they notified the perp he was being audited and Dad refused to help him. Unbeknownst to my father until the authorities came to call, the guy was a two-time violent crime felon. If I recall, they sent him away for a dozen years.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Famspear wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm On April 12, 2018, the Maryland State Board of Chiropractic Examiners issued a Final Order of revocation of Belcher's license as a chiropractor, for violations of various Maryland laws relating to his practice. (The Order noted that Belcher's license had already expired on September 1, 2017.) The Order also mentioned that Belcher had been found guilty of the Federal tax crimes. See Final Order of Revocation of Chirorpactic [sic] License, In the matter of W. Gregory Belcher, D.C., License No. 01356, Respondent, Before the [Maryland] State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, case no. 16-69C (April 12, 2018).

Nutritional Supplements and various alternative medicine practices that "the man" kept him from doing when he had a license.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:47 am
Famspear wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:20 pm On April 12, 2018, the Maryland State Board of Chiropractic Examiners issued a Final Order of revocation of Belcher's license as a chiropractor, for violations of various Maryland laws relating to his practice. (The Order noted that Belcher's license had already expired on September 1, 2017.) The Order also mentioned that Belcher had been found guilty of the Federal tax crimes. See Final Order of Revocation of Chirorpactic [sic] License, In the matter of W. Gregory Belcher, D.C., License No. 01356, Respondent, Before the [Maryland] State Board of Chiropractic Examiners, case no. 16-69C (April 12, 2018).

Nutritional Supplements and various alternative medicine practices that "the man" kept him from doing when he had a license.
And this would be a big departure from his previous behavior??? Sounds more like continuing education. :haha:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I would not be surprised. One of the many things that surprises me about chiropractors is the ones I am familiar with don't do very much involving their field. What they do is dictated by how well the insurance companies will pay for.

It looks an awful lot to me like they hang out the sign and run the commercials to lure in people with back pain and various other aches, and in short order the move from "this adjustment should help" to "but you really need to adopt these continuing habits for which you'' need to come see me every two weeks to buy more supplies".

I know there are Chiropractors who run an ethical and strictly by the book practice that involves the very specialized skill they have and not much else. I just don't know where.

I have always called them witch doctors.
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:26 pm I would not be surprised. One of the many things that surprises me about chiropractors is the ones I am familiar with don't do very much involving their field. What they do is dictated by how well the insurance companies will pay for.

It looks an awful lot to me like they hang out the sign and run the commercials to lure in people with back pain and various other aches, and in short order the move from "this adjustment should help" to "but you really need to adopt these continuing habits for which you'' need to come see me every two weeks to buy more supplies".

I know there are Chiropractors who run an ethical and strictly by the book practice that involves the very specialized skill they have and not much else. I just don't know where.

I have always called them witch doctors.
My chiropractor sticks to "this adjustment should help"; and he does suggest return "maintenance", but only after 6-8 weeks, and he doesn't hassle people about that. He does not sell supplies except for cold packs. He says that only those chiropractors who follow the "Gonstead Method" are reliable. Considering how well my wife, daughter and I have done with him, I can't disagree.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

There was one here in Cincinnati maybe 20 years ago who advertised heavily on AM Radio and had some billboards. Also did lots of guest spots on the Saturday morning AM shows that were little more than radio infomercials. Anyway, she always bragged about how what she knew about nutrition and life balance and (insert 5 new agey things I can't even remember) cured Diabetes, IBS, Crohns (which was the first time I had even heard of that) and pretty much whatever ailed ya. She even went so far as to say this or that magic bean dip would prevent cancer.
I never did figure out how she was allowed to continue practice, even less say such blatantly wrong things on the radio, even with the read way too fast to hear disclaimer at the end of the show....(“This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.”) after she had just spent an hour doing exactly that.

Strangely, after being slightly more visible on the radio for a few years, she disappeared. She is no longer licensed in Ohio, but I have a feeling she's still doing a grift somewhere....
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Gregg wrote:I have always called them witch doctors.
My ex-brother-in-law is/was a chiropractor; his mother was a devoted patient of a chiropractor (who turned out to be nothing more than a scammer) and pretty much persuaded her sons to follow in this idiot's footsteps. The scammer at one point had convinced his patients that he was taking his practice into the big time and would be opening a huge clinic near Palm Springs that would treat every illness. Of course he invited these same patients to invest and to encourage their relatives and friends to invest. Needless to say, the whole affair went belly up when it was discovered the good doctor was merely pocketing the money and using it for his own benefit. He ended up going to prison for a while; when he came out he opened up a new practice, for which he had apparently developed a new chiropractic method. This consisted of him having a set of overhead bars in the treatment room which he would grab and swing around like a monkey on steroids. Occasionally, he would land on the office floor and start chanting and making gestures at the patient. One person described it as visiting the "witch doctor".

Strangely, after word got out of his new methods, his practice dried up.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:39 pm[ . . . ] He ended up going to prison for a while; when he came out he opened up a new practice, for which he had apparently developed a new chiropractic method. This consisted of him having a set of overhead bars in the treatment room which he would grab and swing around like a monkey on steroids. Occasionally, he would land on the office floor and start chanting and making gestures at the patient. [ . . . ]
:shock:

Yikes!

I guess a prison term could have different effects on different people.

I wonder where he is now. San Diego Zoo, maybe?
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Chiropractors:

It's fascinating that they cure (by manipulation and "adjustment") physical problems which only they can diagnose.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AndyK wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:33 pm Chiropractors:

It's fascinating that they cure (by manipulation and "adjustment") physical problems which only they can diagnose.
When my daughter was a teenager, she had back problems. She went to an MD for treatment; and his solution was to wear what was essentially a piece of plastic body armor, with metal stiffeners, until the problem was corrected. She refused to do that and went to the chiropractor which my wife and I use; and the problem was swiftly resolved.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:04 pm
AndyK wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:33 pm Chiropractors:

When my daughter was a teenager, she had back problems. She went to an MD for treatment; and his solution was to wear what was essentially a piece of plastic body armor, with metal stiffeners, until the problem was corrected. She refused to do that and went to the chiropractor which my wife and I use; and the problem was swiftly resolved.
having crashed many times racing motorcycles, my bone crusher did wonders. there is something to be said for keeping stuff where it's suppose to be.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Chiro is a scam that exploits a simple fact, most cases of lower back pain fix themselves, the chiro takes credit for something that would have happened anyways and sends you the bill.
most patients with acute or subacute low back pain improve over time regardless of treatment
https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2603 ... l-practice

Frankly, anyone in the industry is either unscrupulous or stupid, which I suggest is why they're over-represented in tax evasion cases.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Jeffrey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:59 pm Chiro is a scam that exploits a simple fact, most cases of lower back pain fix themselves, the chiro takes credit for something that would have happened anyways and sends you the bill.
most patients with acute or subacute low back pain improve over time regardless of treatment
https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2603 ... l-practice

Frankly, anyone in the industry is either unscrupulous or stupid, which I suggest is why they're over-represented in tax evasion cases.
I would tend to agree. My wife's and my experience after suffering from bouts with sciatica were that visits to our physical therapist for heat treatments, massage and exercises were far more beneficial than getting an adjustment. When my late mother was suffering from the effects of osteoporosis in her lower back, her doctor said that she would have to endure the pain for the immediate future, but it would get better over time. And he was right.

In fact, when my wife was scouting around for treatment, she went for a free examination that was offered at a swap meet booth claiming to be able to relieve lower back pain. The practice mentioned the title "Doctor" a lot but as I suspected turned out to be a chiropracter who had retained a regular physician on his staff as well. At the end of the exam, the chiro said that her treatments would consist of - you guessed it - a series of heat treatments, massage, and exercises. Under questioning by me, he admitted that he could could not do adjustments on her back since it would not do anything for her and could possibly worsen the situation.