Comedic tax protestor

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Comedic tax protestor

Post by Arthur Rubin »

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/i-havent- ... rison/amp/
I haven’t paid income taxes since 1994 — and the IRS won’t send me to prison
By John Crudele

Dear John: I’m Deedle Doo the Comedy Boy, America’s senior comedian.

I have a consumer complaint that I think only you can help me with. I have not paid federal income tax since 1994, nor have I filed a tax return during that time, both of which are failures the Justice Department publicly represents to be indictable offenses.

My understanding is that I can expect an all-expenses paid trip right into federal prison for my “tax protester” activities. But it seems the Justice Department is running some sort of a con where I can’t get it to live up to its promises to get me in front of a judge. I ignore the federal income tax in total good faith, and now I want my indictment.

Do you have any pull over at the federal jurisdiction? Thank you for your kind attention in this matter. Hopefully you can help me. C.K.
I'm not going to repeat John's reply, as I'm pushing copyright as it is. John suggested that the IRS is aware of CK, but realizes he's never going to make money, so they are not going after him.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Comedic tax protestor

Post by notorial dissent »

I can see a few problems there for our hapless hero. First, and most importantly, you have to make enough money to warrant/require paying taxes, second you would have to owe enough to warrant the IRS coming after you, and three you'd have to have enough to warrant the IRS taking you to court to get it. I seriously doubt any of the three based on the contents of the whine. Or, in the alternative, be obnoxious or stupid enough to make low hanging fruit worth the effort.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Another sample of Chris King's ("C.K") humor. It certainly looks like he is on the road to Frikintardistan. This link gives lots more of crunchy goodness.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:44 pm I can see a few problems there for our hapless hero. First, and most importantly, you have to make enough money to warrant/require paying taxes, second you would have to owe enough to warrant the IRS coming after you, and three you'd have to have enough to warrant the IRS taking you to court to get it.
Actually the failure to file is a common problem with those who need the benefits of filing most in Canada. They're suspicious of authority and frightened that since they haven't filed for years their paltry welfare benefits will be taken from them. The trouble with that approach is that assorted Canadian government programs to help the poor are based on reported income - you don't file, they don't know how much money you make, you are therefore not eligible for anything. Here's an example - street person in Alberta over the age of 65 who hasn't filed for years receives $570 per month OAS. If they filed they could add another $1000 or so per month in assorted assistance plus eligibility for subsidized housing, etc. I see it all the time...
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

eric wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:25 pm Actually the failure to file is a common problem with those who need the benefits of filing most in Canada. They're suspicious of authority and frightened that since they haven't filed for years their paltry welfare benefits will be taken from them. The trouble with that approach is that assorted Canadian government programs to help the poor are based on reported income - you don't file, they don't know how much money you make, you are therefore not eligible for anything. Here's an example - street person in Alberta over the age of 65 who hasn't filed for years receives $570 per month OAS. If they filed they could add another $1000 or so per month in assorted assistance plus eligibility for subsidized housing, etc. I see it all the time...
In the US, failing to file can produce significant future problems for the self-employed. If a self-employed person does not file and pay self-employment tax, he or she does not get credit towards social security benefits in the future. (The courts do not allow a correction of one's SS earnings history for years barred by the statute of limitations.) Especially for those at the lower end of the income spectrum, this can dramatically impact the amount of social security benefits that the non-filer will be eligible for in the future.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I have to file this year because it's my year of joining the getting fat and drinking margaritas on the beach crowd. :shock: Besides, after doing some research I have learned the CRA Illuminati have deemed me eligible for one credit that will amount to exactly 666 dollars. It will probably never happen again so I plan to take advantage of that magic number... hoping next year it may be 777 dollars which is even more magical.
.. edit: I have filed for almost 50 years and have even noted those long ago years where according to an archaic hundred plus years old law I had to be paid in real cash dollars (no cheques or direct deposit) with no deductions for CPP (SSI).