ID'ing Insurrectionists

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: ID'ing Insurrectionists

Post by notorial dissent »

I don't know what the actual number is now, but they seem to be taking them down pretty much by the numbers, some were ID'd pretty quickly but a lot of them were ID'd later from pictures and social media, and there seem to be a number of them who were turned in by family and friends. The woman who got punched in the face was turned in by her daughter, a man from Colorado was turned in by his ex-wife, the shaman was turned in by assorted Q-idiot watchers. Having a big facebook presence is not conducive to keeping a low profile as far as LE is concerned, that and being a total ass. I would suspect they went after the really obvious major players since they were easy low hanging fruit, and then started in on the secondary ones next. So far there has been a fireman, sheriff's deputy, several soon to be former policemen, any number of legislators from various jurisdictions, and a fair contingent of military who have been ID's and arrested. Some of this collection of seditionists are also ex-military, ex because they couldn't follow the rules. The active military types are going to find that stupidity has a high price as the military is not taking this lightly. In any event, the number of arrestees continues to grow.

I am seeing in the news reports where to start with the arrestees were being charged with property damage and that many of these people are facing 10 years or better, and now they are talking about them being charged with sedition and it could be 20 or better. It would seem the attitudes had changed. I personally wouldn't like those odds. Their big problem is that they can't say it wasn't me I wasn't there, when it is all carefully and lovingly documented on video and SM. They have basically made their prosecution dead bang simple and certain, some more than others. Nothing a prosecutor likes more than an essentially signed confession with high quality video footage of the crime.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

That is quite correct, however the smarter ones went in without Cell Phones or other trackable devices.

Reminds me a little of when I went to a special "Save A Patriot" event many years ago at some type of dining club, curious about what in Sam Hill they were about, as I had seen coverage in "America Free Press" a friend's periodical. Kotmair was there as well as Larry Becraft who both were prominently featured in their messages. I made a point of parking a mile or two away and walking to the place; I figured that the Maryland event had a good chance of license plate tags being recorded and did not want to get on the wrong list.....
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
notorial dissent

You have a point, but I think "the smarter ones" was definitely a finite quantity, and even if they weren't carrying their "friends" were and they probably got tagged in the back ground. As it now stands, the catch and maybe not release program stands at 100+ and rising with several more added just in the last few days. Some of them even voluntarily sending info to the FBI.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 pm Their big problem is that they can't say it wasn't me I wasn't there, when it is all carefully and lovingly documented on video and SM. They have basically made their prosecution dead bang simple and certain, some more than others. Nothing a prosecutor likes more than an essentially signed confession with high quality video footage of the crime.
Yeah, makes me think of the old time nazis trying to deny all the careful records and photographs that they themselves had produced.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

grixit wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:03 am
notorial dissent wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 pm Their big problem is that they can't say it wasn't me I wasn't there, when it is all carefully and lovingly documented on video and SM. They have basically made their prosecution dead bang simple and certain, some more than others. Nothing a prosecutor likes more than an essentially signed confession with high quality video footage of the crime.
Yeah, makes me think of the old time nazis trying to deny all the careful records and photographs that they themselves had produced.
Yeah, vanity, and or stupidity has its costs. Kind of like the ones who think social media is "private" and can't be looked at without permission. Wrong, so very very wrong.
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:02 pm
grixit wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:03 am
Yeah, vanity, and or stupidity has its costs. Kind of like the ones who think social media is "private" and can't be looked at without permission. Wrong, so very very wrong.
Or that its somehow unfair and illegal to use social media posts against them.
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

I don't know if they are tax protesters although it wouldn't surprise me in the least. What does make me uneasy though is the relatively orderly way they all filed out of the building. There were aspects that remind me of a classic military reconnaissance in force. I believe that there were some in the crowd that intend to be back later and they were pleased that they got the cover of the rowdies to explore. We all shall see, but I very much doubt this is over.
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Dark Optimist
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Dark Optimist »

Yeah, using stuff I post online violates my 5th amendment right against self incrimination, my 1st amendment right to do what I want on government property without restriction, my 2nd amendment right to have my mob be classified as a militia, and probably some more rights that I have forgotten about.
notorial dissent

Duke2Earl wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 pm I don't know if they are tax protesters although it wouldn't surprise me in the least. What does make me uneasy though is the relatively orderly way they all filed out of the building. There were aspects that remind me of a classic military reconnaissance in force. I believe that there were some in the crowd that intend to be back later and they were pleased that they got the cover of the rowdies to explore. We all shall see, but I very much doubt this is over.
I think the sovrun tax deniers and anti gov't types were woefully under represented in this little outing. Just really not their thing. Too much organization and coordination, they are more in to one on one. Now there were according to reports a fair number of former and current military and LEO types in the mix, and they are being taken down by the numbers as well. For some strange reason, being near or participating in what is effectively an armed insurrection is just not considered a career enhancing move in either the military or LE. There are several that have already been taken down, and more to follow I 'm sure. The military in particular seem to be taking it quite seriously so I would expect there will be some serious prosecution coming from that quarter. The Speaker has also made it known that ANY legislator who participated or aided may also face prosecution.
grixit

Post by grixit »

If the authorities can demonstrate there was detailed planning, then everyone arrested is facing RICO.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

As for the connection; we have seen largely the dead ender tax protestors do violent things like the guy in Austin Texas as well as Ed Brown: I wouldn't put it past them and they would feel very much at home with the far right militia groups that were in on this violent attack. They all harken back to the nostalgic golden days of America in the distant past when our "freedoms" were unhindered.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

notorial dissent

Tax protesters are generally though one off loners unlike this crowd.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

A good article on those arrested so far for their role in the Capitol attack: https://gnet-research.org/2021/01/25/ta ... petrators/

notorial dissent

I think the current catch and not release program stands at ~130 with many more candidates to join them. The video listing of people they would like to identify is many times longer, and yes they have lots of them on good video. A lot of them haven't been released because of weapons charges that came to light after they were arrested. They are so in it.
grixit

Post by grixit »

I'm very surprised that noone is calling for jury nullification for those arrested.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

grixit wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:55 am I'm very surprised that noone is calling for jury nullification for those arrested.
Just wait for their trials.

There will be lots of RWNJs "volunteering" to be on the juries for their trials, vowing to acquit.

I doubt if any trials will begin before July or August, at the earliest. Probably, most won't even start this year.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

noblepa wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:45 pm
grixit wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:55 am I'm very surprised that noone is calling for jury nullification for those arrested.
Just wait for their trials.

There will be lots of RWNJs "volunteering" to be on the juries for their trials, vowing to acquit.

I doubt if any trials will begin before July or August, at the earliest. Probably, most won't even start this year.
And the RWNJs will be outraged when they are successfully challenged for bias.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Here's a Scientologist lawyer who was part of the attack: https://tonyortega.org/2021/02/17/fbi-w ... DROzLCgaqc

Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Also a formerly "liberal" lawyer from Americus, GA: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/us/W ... e=Homepage