Heidi Guedel Now a "Paralegal"

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Heidi Guedel Now a "Paralegal"

Post by wserra »

Pantekhnikon wrote:Are you REALLY that oblivious to deliberate SARCASM, wserra?
You wrote:
It seems to me that a case could be made that our currency is no longer backed by precious metals, and therefore our national debt isn't either. All our Gov't has promised to repay to foreign creditors are "dollars" - vapor money - backed by nothing.... (except the "full faith and credit of the American people"?????)
Characterizing that seemingly perfectly serious statement as "sarcasm" has a certain revisionist quality.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Red Cedar PM wrote:Forgive the softball question from a non-attorney, but couldn't someone be prosecuted criminally for fraud for hanging a shingle saying that you are a paralegal when you really aren't one? If so, we should report this to the relevant state / county authorities.
As well as an unauthorized practice violation, calling oneself a paralegal (when one is not licensed) and accepting money could be prosecuted under 18 USC sections 1341/1343 as wire and mail fraud. To reverse the McNally decision, Congress added 18 USC sec 1346, defining fraud to include the depivation of an intangible right to honest services. Even if the paralegal services had value, if one intentionally mischaracterized one's status and right to offer such services, a fraud prosecution would be possible.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Why should possible prosecution for a minor item like pretending to be a paralegal matter to a common thief?
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

wserra wrote:
Pantekhnikon wrote:Are you REALLY that oblivious to deliberate SARCASM, wserra?
You wrote:
It seems to me that a case could be made that our currency is no longer backed by precious metals, and therefore our national debt isn't either. All our Gov't has promised to repay to foreign creditors are "dollars" - vapor money - backed by nothing.... (except the "full faith and credit of the American people"?????)
Characterizing that seemingly perfectly serious statement as "sarcasm" has a certain revisionist quality.
Ah HAH... NOW you decide to put the first part of that sentence back into (at least partial) context... but ONLY when it serves your present purpose. Thank you for exposing your tactics so 'nicely'. 8)

FIRST, you quoted the partial sentence in an attempt to make it appear that I was ignorant of the fact that we've been on 100% fiat currency for decades... THEN you post the complete sentence to argue that I wasn't being sarcastic (and therefore... whether the first portion of that sentence was sarcastic or NOT... I was informed that fiat currency has been our lot for decades). OOPS!

Well ... which is it, then, counselor?

Either I was fully aware of the fiat currency status quo all along, OR I was uninformed? Once you quote that entire sentence it becomes clear that I knew perfectly well what I was talking about, whether sarcastic or not.

It's not too difficult to demonstrate that given enough 'rope', and/or enough 'bait', that you will inadvertently expose your own 'tricks of the trade'. And that's all it really IS... right, counselor? A pure game of wits.

BTW ... when you succeed in getting an alleged criminal acquitted, do you ask him/her the same question you asked me earlier?

I.E. -- "I know we've WON, but don't you feel the least bit guilty about getting away with..." (choose however many may apply):
A. Murder
B. Assault with a deadly weapon
C. Grand theft
D. Rape
E. Drug trafficking
F. Prostitution
G. All of the above
H. Other _____________________

Talk about conditional ethics......... :roll:
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

jcolvin2 wrote:
Red Cedar PM wrote:Forgive the softball question from a non-attorney, but couldn't someone be prosecuted criminally for fraud for hanging a shingle saying that you are a paralegal when you really aren't one? If so, we should report this to the relevant state / county authorities.
As well as an unauthorized practice violation, calling oneself a paralegal (when one is not licensed) and accepting money could be prosecuted under 18 USC sections 1341/1343 as wire and mail fraud. To reverse the McNally decision, Congress added 18 USC sec 1346, defining fraud to include the depivation of an intangible right to honest services. Even if the paralegal services had value, if one intentionally mischaracterized one's status and right to offer such services, a fraud prosecution would be possible.
Such poor reading comprehension and short-term memory retention skills really should preclude you from debating on quatty... unless, of course, the general consensus is not to bother about a few leaky sieves poisoning the well.
wserra: She calls herself a "paralegal" on Sooey, but if she isn't practicing, she isn't committing unauthorized practice.
And:
ME: As I mentioned on another thread here, I'm grateful to you (wserra) for pointing out the criteria for doing business as a paralegal. I had no idea. The so-called "paralegal" I used for my first 2 and 1/2 pleadings is not licensed, either. Fortunately I never "practiced" -- I have never been paid for helping anyone with their legal writing and drafting.

Of course "ignorance of the law is no excuse".
As soon as I read those posts I changed my signature on suijuris and I have never been paid for helping anyone with legal writing and drafting, nor have I offered legal advice. I also thanked wserra for the information.

It's just like you Fed Res Tools to attack someone for actually appreciating valuable information and correcting an honest mistake.

But why should I be surprised? Nikki the Noodnick thought that no one else in the world would ever use the handle: "heidig7" except someone named Heidi Guedel. Tell that to "the Governator" and Edward Heidig, and all the other pages and pages of "Heidig's" that appeared upon a simple google search, dumb-dumb... :lol:
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

I might be a noodnik, but I'm not living in a rented home, under an assumed name, and waiting for someone to repossess my car.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Pantekhnikon wrote:
jcolvin2 wrote:As well as an unauthorized practice violation, calling oneself a paralegal (when one is not licensed) and accepting money could be prosecuted under 18 USC sections 1341/1343 as wire and mail fraud. To reverse the McNally decision, Congress added 18 USC sec 1346, defining fraud to include the depivation of an intangible right to honest services. Even if the paralegal services had value, if one intentionally mischaracterized one's status and right to offer such services, a fraud prosecution would be possible.
Such poor reading comprehension and short-term memory retention skills really should preclude you from debating on quatty... unless, of course, the general consensus is not to bother about a few leaky sieves poisoning the well.

[snip]

As soon as I read those posts I changed my signature on suijuris and I have never been paid for helping anyone with legal writing and drafting, nor have I offered legal advice. I also thanked wserra for the information.

It's just like you Fed Res Tools to attack someone for actually appreciating valuable information and correcting an honest mistake.
Speaking of "reading comprehension and short-term memory retention skills," what part of "and accepting money" in jcolvin2's reply did you not understand or could not remember for more than a few seconds?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

CaptainKickback wrote: ...

Frankly, calm in the currency markets will not occur until the world adopts the Captain as a standard currency. The 1C (1 Captain) coin will feature a profile of me on the front and a giant redwood on the back. The other denominations will be:

2C coin - Crescent moon and star on the front, minarets on the reverse
5C bill - Nelson Mandela on the front, assorted African wildlife on the reverse
10C bill - Alfred Nobel on the front, the Alps on the reverse
20C bill - Confucius on the front, bamboo on the reverse
50C bill - Dec. of Independence group portrait on the front, Libert Bell on the reverse
100C bill - Mahatma Ghandi on the front, the Ganges on the reverse
I'm afraid you're up against some stiff competition:

Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

What's really humorous is "your" coin is offered at a higher price than several Libbie offerings.
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

CaptainKickback wrote:That's because The Captain, has a much nicer ring to it than The Libbie - which reminds people of a line of canned fruits and vegetables.
True, but "The Captain" reminds me of ...

IMO, Crunch Berries are the best. In all seriousness; Alfred E. Newman coins are offered on eBay at a higher price than some Libbies.
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

LPC wrote:
Pantekhnikon wrote:
jcolvin2 wrote:As well as an unauthorized practice violation, calling oneself a paralegal (when one is not licensed) and accepting money could be prosecuted under 18 USC sections 1341/1343 as wire and mail fraud. To reverse the McNally decision, Congress added 18 USC sec 1346, defining fraud to include the depivation of an intangible right to honest services. Even if the paralegal services had value, if one intentionally mischaracterized one's status and right to offer such services, a fraud prosecution would be possible.

[snip]

Speaking of "reading comprehension and short-term memory retention skills," what part of "and accepting money" in jcolvin2's reply did you not understand or could not remember for more than a few seconds?
What are you talking about? :roll:

How could you manage to miss my following statement, (which you, yourself quoted):
I have never been paid for helping anyone with legal writing and drafting

I have not received remuneration for paralegal services. I corrected my error as soon as I was apprised of it.
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

MEANWHILE... for all of your hilarity regarding specie-backed currency, it seems you fail to appreciate the salient point made by Rothbard, Mises, Vieira, and all hard-money economists -- that it is the inflation of fiat currency which robs the public of wealth. Thomas Jefferson knew this as well. It benefits the initial creator of the new deposits (in the form of 'loans')... but cheats to an increasing degree everyone to whom it is passed afterward.

Listen to a true Conservative economist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm7d2H7ayPU
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Nikki wrote:I might be a noodnik, but I'm not living in a rented home, under an assumed name, and waiting for someone to repossess my car.

you just so ruined my preconceptions about you, how disappointing! :shock:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Pantekhnikon wrote:
LPC wrote:Speaking of "reading comprehension and short-term memory retention skills," what part of "and accepting money" in jcolvin2's reply did you not understand or could not remember for more than a few seconds?
Whooosh!
Pantekhnikon wrote:How could you manage to miss my following statement, (which you, yourself quoted):
Which shows how poor your reading comprehension is, because jcolvin2 never said you had.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

CaptainKickback wrote:Even with precious metal backed currency there will be inflation.
Do you not recognize the difference between incidental, circumstantial inflation and deliberate, privileged and profiteering inflation?

Do you not understand that the latter is far greater, and that it benefits those who have special permission to engage in it while cheating the rest of us?

This is Rothbard's main point -- that a 'counterfeiter' (obviously) profits most from creating new money... and that all those to whom such 'currency' passes afterward are cheated by this back-room inflation. It works well because so few people comprehend its true cause -- they only complain of its effects.

You may disagree with conservative economists like Rockwell and Rothbard, but you should realize that even the liberal economists like Keynes acknowledge the creation of new money and its resulting inflation. It's just that the libs think the privileged class of bankers can best 'manage' it for the rest of us.

Some of us disagree. We think it's rather like the fox guarding the hen house.
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

LPC wrote:
Pantekhnikon wrote:
LPC wrote:Speaking of "reading comprehension and short-term memory retention skills," what part of "and accepting money" in jcolvin2's reply did you not understand or could not remember for more than a few seconds?
Whooosh!
Pantekhnikon wrote:How could you manage to miss my following statement, (which you, yourself quoted):
Which shows how poor your reading comprehension is, because jcolvin2 never said you had.
Well then feel free to enlighten me as to jcolvin2's meaning. You seem to find something there that I do not... and it has nothing to do with reading comprehension.
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

Nikki wrote:I might be a noodnik, but I'm not living in a rented home, under an assumed name, and waiting for someone to repossess my car.
Nor am I, Noody... nor am I.

We live in a 100% homestead state in a nice home with no mortgage.

All names which you flying monkeys turned up are true (not assumed) names -- either my maiden, former married, or current married name.

The vehicle which was repossessed is long gone -- it was secured debt, and we are better off without those monthly payments. I cooperated fully with the repossession.

BTW, Noody... I notice that you never contribute anything to these discussions except ad hominem attack. Are you utterly incapable of participating in a rational discussion and contributing a reasoned argument?
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Heidi, as has been explained numerous times, even if all transactions were done in gold coins, we would still have the same expansion of the money supply we have now. It would just be slower and more painful (literally) to use. If you have any doubt, look up the history of the Medici, they were doing what we a re doing now hundreds of years ago.
Pantekhnikon

Post by Pantekhnikon »

Burzmali wrote:Heidi, as has been explained numerous times, even if all transactions were done in gold coins, we would still have the same expansion of the money supply we have now. It would just be slower and more painful (literally) to use. If you have any doubt, look up the history of the Medici, they were doing what we a re doing now hundreds of years ago.
Alan Greenspan disagrees with you... and this interview was relatively recent (judging by his obviously geriatric appearance... {but please try not to call him an "old troll"... oh, wait... that wasn't you who wrote that about Rothbard, was it?}):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MVsm2cpc0
Burzmali
Exalted Guardian of the Gilded Quatloos

Post by Burzmali »

Pantekhnikon wrote:
Burzmali wrote:Heidi, as has been explained numerous times, even if all transactions were done in gold coins, we would still have the same expansion of the money supply we have now. It would just be slower and more painful (literally) to use. If you have any doubt, look up the history of the Medici, they were doing what we a re doing now hundreds of years ago.
Alan Greenspan disagrees with you... and this interview was relatively recent (judging by his obviously geriatric appearance... {but please try not to call him an "old troll"... oh, wait... that wasn't you who wrote that about Rothbard, was it?}):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MVsm2cpc0
The video has nothing to do with the expansion of the money supply via fractional reserve banking and everything to do with the government literally printing money (and Greenspan's opinion that that is a bad thing). Please try again.