Peter Hendrickson defense fund

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Peter Hendrickson defense fund

Post by Famspear »

Now is your chance to contribute to the Peter Eric (Blowhard) Hendrickson defense fund. Here's the web site, apparently set up by a user called "JL" at losthorizons:

http://www.restrictiveclauses.org/

I am not going to contribute, and I don't think it would do any good anyway. After all, someone once told me all my Federal Reserve notes are worthless.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Re: Peter Hendrickson defense fund

Post by Thule »

Just out of curiosity, why would he need a defense fund? After all, his plan is to show up, read a few passages from his book, and walk out a free man, while the IRS crumbles behind him. Sounds like a very inexpensive way to achive victory and world domination, so why does he need to beg?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

beg
It's what TP "gurus" do. Just before they turn over all of their client info as part of a plea deal or to avoid a contempt citation. One last chance to hit their marks up for a few more bucks before they are irrevocably exposed as being solely interested in saving their own skin at any cost as they try to escape the serious consequences of their scam.

Watching the delusional marks squirm and flail about as they slowly realize the ship is sinking and that they're about to be thrown under the bus is the best part. Some of the best free entertainment in the world.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

. wrote: Watching the delusional marks squirm and flail about as they slowly realize the ship is sinking and that they're about to be thrown under the bus is the best part. Some of the best free entertainment in the world.
January 13th couldn't get here fast enough.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Post by Imalawman »

Famspear wrote:Now is your chance to contribute to the Peter Eric (Blowhard) Hendrickson defense fund. Here's the web site, apparently set up by a user called "JL" at losthorizons:

I am not going to contribute, and I don't think it would do any good anyway. After all, someone once told me all my Federal Reserve notes are worthless.
Of course someone could give $.01 and actually cost them money. :twisted: But we would never do something like that. :roll:

Why do I have the feeling that they're not going to raise a couple hundred thousand?
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

1. I believe this was set up by the Tupperware Troopers aboard the Death Star, not Darth himself. Pete set up his donation page at http://www.losthorizons.com/Donate.htm
2. The Tupperware Troopers site is not actually accepting any funds at the moment, only "pledges" for 12/15/08. Darth's black hole is open for business, though.

I would like to know why Pete doesn't just use the $46k in the legal offense fund. After all, the disclaimer states:
Darth Hendrickson Death Star Renovation Fund wrote:Contributions must be made with the understanding that no guarantees are offered as to the specifics of how the money will be allocated, or that any individual contributor will realize any specific personal benefit.
No guarantees offered about where the money goes and no contributor will realize specific personal benefit. I highly doubt that Darth has contributed to his own Legal Offense Fund, so he could justify it by saying that another "win" on his side would make it easier for all the other CtCers.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Imalawman wrote:
Famspear wrote:Now is your chance to contribute to the Peter Eric (Blowhard) Hendrickson defense fund. Here's the web site, apparently set up by a user called "JL" at losthorizons:

Of course someone could give $.01 and actually cost them money. :twisted: But we would never do something like that. :roll:

Why do I have the feeling that they're not going to raise a couple hundred thousand?
They've so far managed to get two people to pledge a total of $110, and I think Uncle Petey is one of them.

Come on, Warriors...only a couple thousand times more and it's in the bag! :mrgreen:
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
gezco

Post by gezco »

Thule wrote:Just out of curiosity, why would he need a defense fund? After all, his plan is to show up, read a few passages from his book, and walk out a free man, while the IRS crumbles behind him. Sounds like a very inexpensive way to achive victory and world domination, so why does he need to beg?
That’s really a good question. I’m getting tired of these guys telling us how smart they are and how they have figured out irrefutable nuances of the tax law that allows them to avoid tax and then sticking their hand out for “worthless” Federal Reserve Notes.
Joe Dirt
Anonymous Administerial Adviser

Post by Joe Dirt »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:
Imalawman wrote:

They've so far managed to get two people to pledge a total of $110, and I think Uncle Petey is one of them.

Come on, Warriors...only a couple thousand times more and it's in the bag! :mrgreen:

His office is understaffed, overworked and just plain tired...

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment.
Brian Rookard
Beefcake

Post by Brian Rookard »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:They've so far managed to get two people to pledge a total of $110, and I think Uncle Petey is one of them.

Of course, you can "pledge" funds without actually making the donation yet.

I see that people like "ima.flimflimartist@ctc.com" and "taxman@irs.gov" have "pledged" contributions so that the amount pledged is actually a couple thousand now.

Not saying who would do such a dastardly thing though.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Brian Rookard wrote:Of course, you can "pledge" funds without actually making the donation yet.

I see that people like "ima.flimflimartist@ctc.com" and "taxman@irs.gov" have "pledged" contributions so that the amount pledged is actually a couple thousand now.

Not saying who would do such a dastardly thing though.
I bet that would be a bitter blow that would not benefit the Bombastic Blowhard's Bailout.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

A self-centered Blowhard named Pete
Is in trouble -- he's feeling the heat.
About paying his tax,
He has standards quite lax --
Which could mean still another defeat.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

So far, $620 donated and $12 pledged. It will be interesting to see what happens in a few days.

On a side note, someone by the name of James B. from Alaska received a $34,968 erroneous refund check for 2007.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

Today is the big day, so far they have collected $2,212.00.

ClobberroTestii

Post by ClobberroTestii »

Bud Dickman wrote:Today is the big day, so far they have collected $2,212.00.

PFFFFFFT!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aipmY1sqplY
(Weston is beside himself with laughter over the paltry amount collected thusfar) KABOOM!(NOT)
Bud Dickman

Post by Bud Dickman »

From JL at LostHorizons:

I'm sure we are all a bit disappointed in the result of the money missile, to date anyway. The effort was/is pursued in the spirit of "let it not be said we did nothing". Every devalued FRN gained for Pete or any individual who learned of CtC through the effort was a victory for all of us. I take comfort in that.

Grand Total $4,672.00, the total seems to occasionaly adjust both up and down.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

JL at losthorizons wrote:
I'm sure we are all a bit disappointed in the result of the money missile, to date anyway. The effort was/is pursued in the spirit of "let it not be said we did nothing". Every devalued FRN gained for Pete or any individual who learned of CtC through the effort was a victory for all of us. I take comfort in that. [ . . . ]
I take comfort in the thought that the money collected will (hopefully) go right into the pocket of Pete's lawyer......

:wink:

8)
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Really, I take more comfort in the fact that most pledges won't actually be paid.