CtCer RIFishMan wants a PDT and 10% penalty

Nikki

CtCer RIFishMan wants a PDT and 10% penalty

Post by Nikki »

RIFishMan, subject of a recent thread here, has just posted his intentions for dealing with his impending confrontation with the government:
I am thankful enough that I emptied and closed all of my IRA's and 401K's about 6 months ago after I was well into the process of filing amended returns.

Knowing quite well that Big Brother will go after all that he can, I did not want to leave anything "available" and had been following this forum and others about the market and what I thought was going to happen (crash) eventually did.

My savings are now confined to cash, with intent to purchase silver and/or gold with the amounts that I would have been contributing to my 401K and my IRA's.

In addition to purchases of gold/silver, I have recently purchased a 7 year supply of heirloom seeds from www survivalseeds dot com. The box arrived last week and I have a collection of bean, corn, tomato and other heirloom varities that have not been genetically modified in anyway and are developed from groups of organic farmers.

Another suggested "savings" plan is that of canned good in the event of an "emergency". I plan to make periodic purchases of canned goods and store them on shelves in the basement of my home.

I refuse to watch the MSM (Main Stream Media - FOX,CBS, ABC, NBC) and focus my news stories to following Alex Jones on www infowars dot com and also www prisonplanet dot tv.

Oh and lastly, I have dug out my grandfather's Colt .32 Police Positive Special pistol and have plans to begin buying ammunition for it. Grandfather was a Sheriff for a jail in CT in years past and somehow this pistol made it to me for safekeeping. I am also cleaning up my 20 gauge Shotgun in the garage and buying ammo for that as well. I haven't hunted for game in years, but suspect I may be doing that in the years ahead or possibly "protecting" what I have.

Sorry to get off subject, but "saving" comes in may flavors.

Rifishman
RIFishMan -- not only a CtCer, but a true sovereignidiot, conspiracy theorist, and doomsday survivalist. I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting to go the full colon and [zipcode] route in teh near future -- especially when Pete goes down for the last time.
Red Cedar PM
Burnished Vanquisher of the Kooloohs

Re: CtCer RIFishMan wants a PDT and 10% penalty

Post by Red Cedar PM »

Nikki wrote:Grandfather was a Sheriff for a jail in CT in years past and somehow this pistol made it to me for safekeeping.
Rank amateur. Doesn't he know that accepting anything from any gubmint official creates federal privilege?
"Pride cometh before thy fall."

--Dantonio 11:03:07
Grixit wrote:Hey Diller: forget terms like "wages", "income", "derived from", "received", etc. If you did something, and got paid for it, you owe tax.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I am thankful enough that I emptied and closed all of my IRA's and 401K's about 6 months ago after I was well into the process of filing amended returns.

Knowing quite well that Big Brother will go after all that he can, I did not want to leave anything "available" and had been following this forum and others about the market and what I thought was going to happen (crash) eventually did.
So nice of RIF to provide the government with additional evidence of his willfulness to evade paying taxes.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:So nice of RIF to provide the government with additional evidence of his willfulness to evade paying taxes.
Yeah.....

Knowing quite well that Big Brother will go after all that he can, I did not want to leave anything "available"[ . . . ]
Hmmmmm.....
Any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade or defeat any tax imposed by this title or the payment thereof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.
--26 USC 7201.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

CaptainKickback wrote:Just a few thoughts he has probably never considered. :twisted:
If the guy's under age 59 1/2, he also hasn't considered that the withdrawal of his IRA and 401(k) subjected him to a 10% early withdrawal penalty in addition to the normal income tax on the amount of the withdrawal.

The abject stupidity of the LH crowd never ceases to amaze me.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Cpt Banjo wrote:The abject stupidity of the LH crowd never ceases to amaze me.
No kiddin'!

When you believe you're invincible, you do a lot of things not in your best interest.

We see it a lot of times on Lost Horizons. By the way, where did they get that name?
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:RIFishMan, subject of a recent thread here, has just posted his intentions for dealing with his impending confrontation with the government:

I refuse to watch the MSM (Main Stream Media - FOX,CBS, ABC, NBC) and focus my news stories to following Alex Jones on www infowars dot com and also www prisonplanet dot tv.

Genius. :roll:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

The novel "Lost Horizon" by James Hilton described the valley of Shangri-La as a utopian paradise where people barely aged, but there was a catch, which was that you aged and died if you left.

It was therefore something like a (barely) more adult version of the Island of Lost Boys.

The LH regulars live in an imaginary paradise of their own making "Till human voices wake us, and we drown." (To add a third literary reference.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Lost Horizons was a 1937 movie based on the popular James Hilton novel. The main feature of the novel was much like Brigadoon, a hidden city wherein nobody ages and nobody leaves. In the climactic scene, a princess of Shangri-La, in love with one of the modern travelers, tries to leave with him and instantly ages and then crumbles into dust. The 1937 film was enormously popular (FDR named his Presidential hideaway Shangri-La, Eisenhower renamed it Camp David), but in re-releases and in TV release was chopped up and some scenes have been lost for good, even in "restored" DVDs. A live TV drama version (I think with Loretta Young) was done in the early 1960s. Another film version, with a well established cast, was attempted in 1973 - this version follows the original movie up until we enter Shangri-La, at which point Burt Bachrach music is inflicted upon the travelers -- no wonder they risked death to leave; it is now counted among the titanic failures of film.

As for RI FishMan, if he has a modicum of sense, he has converted all his cash into travelers' checks -- he can keep them out of banks but if lost he has a chance of getting them replaced.
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

CaptainKickback wrote:Lost Horizon was a movie made in the late 1930's
Except that Weston White, Bulten, or any of the other idiot posters is no Ronald Colman* (Robert Conway), although they sometimes are reminiscient of Edward Everett Horton (Alexander P. Lovett).

And Hendrickson sure ain't no Sam Jaffee (the High Lama), although his lemmings think he is.

*Hands down, the greatest voice in movie history.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Cpt Banjo wrote:[ . . . ] no Ronald Colman* [ . . . ]

*Hands down, the greatest voice in movie history.
I am ashamed to say that I can't remember (or don't know) what Ronald Colman's voice would have sounded like.

Greatest voice in movie history? What about Norman Rose? (the "voice of God")?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Rose

Norman Rose had no major roles, but was used in films, etc., for his tremendous voice. Almost every radio announcer would almost kill to have a voice like that.

(sorry about the off-topic diversion)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Famspear wrote:I am ashamed to say that I can't remember (or don't know) what Ronald Colman's voice would have sounded like.
Here's a sample from one of Colman's greatest roles, as Sidney Carton in 1935's A Tale of Two Cities. It's the final scene in which Carton, substituting himself for the condemned Charles Darnay, climbs the steps toward the guillotine to be executed. As he reaches the scaffold the camera pans up the guillotine toward the sky, and Carton utters the famous concluding sentence of the novel:

http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/?id ... =2city.mp3
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Norman Rose provided, among other things, the narration to the English-dubbed version of the Russian mega-movie of War & Peace.