Tommy Cryer in Tax Court - Fraudulent Failure to File

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Tommy Cryer in Tax Court - Fraudulent Failure to File

Post by Gregg »

Oh my, the Wolverpuss has noticed you already. You can count on being used for experiments by the interns now.

Stock up on Bactine.

:haha:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

The Observer wrote:I would guess that a quitclaim or grant deed of some sort was signed at some point by Tommy and given to her to record. But you are right that it isn't going to matter if there were previous encumbrances on the property prior to the date of the signing. Since it is obviously not a joint tenancy, exactly how is the deed titled? I know that property ownership laws differ from state to state and it could effect how much of her *real* ownership might take priority over the federal tax liens if Cryer's liabilities were separate.
According to the city's property tax website the ownership is listed thusly:

2012 Owner: [widow's name redacted] 9/10 AND TOMMY K. CRYER 1/10

2011 Owner: CRYER, TOMMY K. 1/2 AND [widow's name redacted] 1/2

2010 Owner: CRYER, TOMMY K. 1/2 AND [widow's name redacted] 1/2

However, as Wes said, the Community Property rules tend to trump just about everything else. In Louisiana, even if the spouses have clearly defined separate property, the income and debts from that separate property are considered income and debts of the marriage and owned equally by both marriage partners.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So we can assume he was as versed in LA law as he was in Federal tax law???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

notorial dissent wrote:So we can assume he was as versed in LA law as he was in Federal tax law???
Either that, or his 2nd marriage was missing a few documents... like a marriage license...

I'd always been told they were married, and that she filed her tax returns "Married Filing Separately". Cryer's website and those of his like-minded followers also said they were married. Now I'm wondering whether their marriage was just as fictional as his understanding of the tax law. That's a very curious way for a house to be titled in Louisiana by a husband and wife, and the Tax Court's comment regarding the management of his estate is equally curious.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
notorial dissent

And what of Cryer's actions the last few years couldn't be called plain damn "curious" at the very least? I'm sure this will grow in the telling, and probably make some poor IRS auditor shed hair like a St Bernard in Summer, always providing there is anything there to make it worth their while, and I'm not betting there will be.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Kestrel wrote:However, as Wes said, the Community Property rules tend to trump just about everything else. In Louisiana, even if the spouses have clearly defined separate property, the income and debts from that separate property are considered income and debts of the marriage and owned equally by both marriage partners.
Yes, and apparently under Louisiana communuity property laws, even real property held as separate property will be rebuttably presumed community property. So unless the widow has some compelling evidence why this transfer should be considered her separate property (meaning the 9/10 portion), I don't think she is home free (no pun intended).
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

And with Tommy's vaunted legal acumen, what are the odds???
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Is there a reason she can't claim some kind of innocent spouse defense on this?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

To request innocent spouse relief, first a joint return has to have been filed. It sounds as if his wife filed separately from him. No joint return, no relief from joint liability.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.