Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Hannah Shotbolt- An English Rose

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Thanks to Katherine Denkinson for digging up this reminder of "The Rose"! :Axe:

From devil to angel! Girl thug, 24, becomes a psychic healer

Vetting for college law courses must be non-existent!
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Psychic? More like psychotic.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:21 pm Thanks to Katherine Denkinson for digging up this reminder of "The Rose"! :Axe:

From devil to angel! Girl thug, 24, becomes a psychic healer

Vetting for college law courses must be non-existent!
"I am meditating now, rather than medicating. At the time of my offence I had depression and I was taking the wrong drugs."

To be more scrupulously fair to her than she deserves, that might well be true. I was on an antidepressant (whose name escapes me for the moment) for about three days before I had to stop. It made me incredibly aggressive without alcohol and I dread to think what I would have been like with it.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
hucknallred

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by hucknallred »

One of my like minded friends has spotted this on FB, waffling about the court case.
It's as if her kid is now in full time school, so she has a lot of time on her hands again.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 0123158567

For non Zuck fans, mirrored on The Freeman Archives.

On a side note, Mark Steele doesn't feature much on here, but we refer to him as Mark 'Shot a teenage girl in the face' Steele, or just SATGITF for short.

Can we henceforth refer to her as GATGITF from now on?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

How very interesting. She has reinvented herself as a lawyer and it does appear she’s taken a proper law degree. We are told that the reason for this is that none of the common law clap trap she was espousing a few years back actually worked, this despite her boasting of complete success in all her encounters with plod and other authorities.

So it’s time to throw in her lot with the anti-vax crew and send off a load of legal gobbledegook to some poor sap at the UN.

In an earlier vid Hannah gives a bit more about her journey, you can hear a small child screaming away in the background so I’ll go with the above theory that said sprog has been sent off to school. She confirms that she did, after all register her child (how else would she have qualified for the hated government’s free cash handouts?) and that she has had to admit defeat in her battles with authority, generally. “Do you know what?” she complains, “they issue a summons, you rightfully ignore it and they come and KIDNAP you and haul you off to the cells”. Being a bit of a jailbird you’d think she’d be all too familiar with all of that.

But she hasn’t sold out, oh no, just reached an uneasy accommodation with the rest of the world by complying with those laws she agrees with. And by admission, those that she doesn’t.

She talks a bit about working for a legal firm whilst qualifying, dazzling her adoring workmates with her perfect world view but it’s clear that despite the universal love and affection they clearly hold for her they don’t appear to have encouraged her to stay on and do her LPC.

Hannah, now that she has a bit more time on her hands intends on becoming active again so we can expect painful, embarrassing and hopefully entertaining YTs as she tilts at windmills, proof that a little knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing. She is clearly bright but I’m left wondering if she’ll simply waste the rest of her life chasing shadows.

I’m also left wondering whether there’s a Mr. Hannah, father of the child anywhere on the scene?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I’m also left wondering whether there’s a Mr. Hannah, father of the child anywhere on the scene?
Why is that anyone else's business?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:56 pm
I suppose that whoever he is he’d have to have remarkable strength of character, possess infinite patience and be hugely empathetic and understanding at all times, traits that would make him a true Prince amongst men and Hannah’s perfect partner.

So if he’s still on the scene he has my admiration and sympathy in equal measures, if not then it clearly wasn’t meant to be.
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:56 pm
It isn't really but as often as not you can tell how devoted the "cause" a conspiritard is by how they talk about the father / mother of their children. If the other parent is painted as Satan / Sateena personified, who is cruelly demanding access to the child, and / or has involved social services on the basis that the primary care-giver is as mad as cheese you can fairly confidently fill in he gaps. The only thing showing out of the rabbit hole is the soles of their shoes.

Bonus points awarded for either parent, together or otherwise, who talks about their unfortunate offspring in terms of 'property rights'.

Single mother who hates the father but doesn't spew it all over Facebook?.. Fine... Some of my best friends etc.

Single mother who has no idea who the father was? Yeah... One of my friends etc etc.

Single mother who washes her dirty linen about the father on publicly visible social media? Fruitcake.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I see the 'But where's the father' trope a lot in the foamingly reactionary comments on local newspaper sites below stories along the lines of 'Single Mum Forced To Go To Food Bank/Sleeping In Car', and my partner was a single mother for 10 hard years, so I admit to being easily triggered ...
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:53 pm I see the 'But where's the father' trope a lot in the foamingly reactionary comments on local newspaper sites below stories along the lines of 'Single Mum Forced To Go To Food Bank/Sleeping In Car', and my partner was a single mother for 10 hard years, so I admit to being easily triggered ...
I wouldn't disagree with you for a second but then you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than a local paper website comments section. If somebody pisses them off they can't be all bad.

I do wonder who actually reads local rags these days. Call me old fashioned if you will ("Longdog! You're old fashioned!" Thanks) but I'm not entirely sure that the opinions of some family of mouth-breathers on the latest episode of some wretched reality show is newsworthy. No matter how local.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Thanks to the admin for moving my post & replies here where I should have gone in the first place.

But I digress, when listening to her Westcountry drawl, do any UK readers over 40 get the words "taap it, unwraap it" in their head when listening to her?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Bonus points awarded for either parent, together or otherwise, who talks about their unfortunate offspring in terms of 'property rights'.
not only did Dean Kory, one of my favorite idiots, talk about owning his daughter as a matter of property rights he had a very impressive looking laminated card proving it;

Somehow, tragically, it didn't stop the corrupt criminal authorities from taking his daughter from him on the bogus pretext that he was an unfit parent.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:45 pm Somehow, tragically, it didn't stop the corrupt criminal authorities from taking his daughter from him on the bogus pretext that he was an unfit parent.
I never know whether to laugh, get angry or feel pity for these "world's greatest mum / dad but my child has been stolen" types. Their ability to prove themselves totally unfit to be in charge of a gerbil, let alone a child, is breathtaking.
Tinkle Bucket
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Tinkle Bucket »

longdog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:20 pm
Tinkle Bucket wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:24 am Talking of Hannah and heads does anyone remember her confidently declaring that the police would not break the window of her car if she put head next to said window.....
she was wrong.
No I don't and in the interests of entertainment and the hope there is a video of it.... [citation needed] :mrgreen:

And here we have it in all its idiotic glory accompanied by some Oscar worthy camera work (the face against the window bit is at a about 5.30 if you can't stand listening to the waffle)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Ending with the smashed window, and their total surprise, an her disbelief, wonderful. I guess that is what happens when you are pulled over smoking a splif and likely have more gear in the car that you don't want found, or worse taken away. I am wondering what she will get for this, I don't think law enforcement will just let her off with a warning.

I do wonder what she did to actually get pulled over. I believe the UK use speed and red light cameras for the most part to enforce those rules. I wonder if she was driving erratically or doing something else stupid that got her pulled over in the first place.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

NYGman wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:09 pmI am wondering what she will get for this, I don't think law enforcement will just let her off with a warning.
This is a few years ago, the answer will probably be upthread. If there is weed in the car or on someone's person I believe there is a threshold for "personal use."

In the UK now it is normal for weed to be smoked openly on the streets. Having never partaken I was well into my forties before I knew what it smelt like. That smell is now very common whilst walking through my local town centre.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

The video of the glass breaking was loaded up to Youtube in August 2014 so it's at least 7 going on 8 years old.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Ahhh, so nothing really happened, she didn't learn, and the idiocy goes on.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

NYGman wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:51 pm Ahhh, so nothing really happened, she didn't learn, and the idiocy goes on.
Well, she renounced her FotLer nonsense, but she's still fully bought in to conspiracies. It's hard to tell if that is progress.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

hucknallred wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:24 pm This is a few years ago, the answer will probably be upthread. If there is weed in the car or on someone's person I believe there is a threshold for "personal use."
Yeah. A small quantity and no aggravating factors (like driving stoned for instance) and you get a "cannabis warning", if that, for the first offence. Cannabis warnings almost always come as a result of the police stopping people for something non-cannabis related or doing something spectacularly dumb like smoking a joint outside a school. Something that seems a really bad idea to everybody but the stoner who doesn't know the meaning of the word "moderation".