UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: UK - Tom Crawford Calls For Help

Post by Hyrion »

Bones wrote:102. None of the points raised by Mr Crawford have any substance in terms of potentially defending the possession claim. None of them can be described as a point with a real prospect of success on appeal
In the reverse reality Universe, that's really saying:
  • 102. All of the points raised by Mr Crawford have granite substance in terms of potentially defending the possession claim. All of them can be described as a point with a 100% real prospect of a success on appeal - since Mr Crawford is guaranteed to win on appeal, I'll just order a win now and rule that the Order of Possession is lifted
Of course..... reality in this Universe is going to hit hard.

Then again: I don't believe for an instance Tom actually believes anything he's currently spouting - I do believe he's attempting to somehow prevent (or delay) the inevitable by refusing to face the reality of the situation.
guilty

Post by guilty »

I've asked a friend in Nottingham to call at the court on Saturday and pick up a full copy of the judgement. Maybe we'll see it before then though?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

PeanutGallery wrote:This is what is going to go down. B & B will apply for a new warrant, they will ask for the matter to be expedited to the High Court or for a no notice warrant, they will cite the eviction protests as a compelling reason for you not to be told when you will be evicted.

They will turn up, most likely when you've gone out to go to the shops or take Sue somewhere nice and move in. The first thing they will do is change the locks and then start tinning up the property. You'll come home, probably when this is half way through and try to force your way back in, but you won't get in. You'll call up your Sovrun mates, but they'll do exactly the same as when Lee got his boat lifted, they'll video and talk and spout off about the law but they won't change the reality.
Sadly I think this is the way it will have to be. The bailiffs aren't going to give prior notice after what's happened previously. I think that TC & supporters know that in their hearts, and I think tonight's meeting will attempt to recruit a 24/7 guard rota for the house. Their mission being to delay the eviction until the mob can be summoned.

The bailiffs aren't stupid, they'll expect this. The GOOFyguards will be firmly taken to one side by police officers after a couple of polite requests (1 minute) and the shuttering contractor's vans will be signalled in. The locksmith will force entry by the swiftest method (1 minute) and the steel panels will start going up. They'll have extra workmen to ensure it's done fast.

Meanwhile police officers will prevent anyone entering the cul-de-sac, backed-up by a few carriers of public order officers nearby. Within 30 minutes at most the house will be secured. Police will post officers to prevent forcible re-entry, and anyone who attempts that will be charged with burglary.

I don't feel any pleasure at this, but when the establishment decides to stop messing about and use force they don't mess about.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote:Image
Really sounds like Tom won :sarcasmon:
101 .The points made by Mr Crawford are either without foundation or legally misconceived.
And what did Roger Hayes have to say at the last court appearance?
Bradford and Bingley have opened a door.
What door?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

The trapdoor.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I wonder how fast Ceylon will start deleting his posts and distancing himself from this car crash.

I wonder if he will ever say the say Tom Crawford again, no doubt he has the next poster boy lined up already and will be behind every step of the way, until it all goes wrong like it has with Tom

Idiots such as Guy Taylor, Ceylon and the two Micheal's have a lot to answer for
Bones

Post by Bones »

wanglepin wrote:
Bones wrote:Image
Really sounds like Tom won :sarcasmon:
101 .The points made by Mr Crawford are either without foundation or legally misconceived.
And what did Roger Hayes have to say at the last court appearance?
Bradford and Bingley have opened a door.
What door?
What caught my eye was a few things from the other parts of the judgement

"Mr Crawford was offered the means to repay capital by way of a repayment mortgage but refused"

"both sides agree that the mortgage terms were not changed"
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Bones wrote:

"Mr Crawford was offered the means to repay capital by way of a repayment mortgage but refused"

That's definitely correct. The letter from B&B in 1999 accepted that they had mistakenly changed the mortgage from an endowment to a repayment but offered Tom the option of recalculating the loan on either basis from 1995. It took him three years to respond but eventually he opted for the endowment option .
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote:

Beat me to it Bones. And how many times have we heard Tom Crawford, Guy Taylor and Brian Gerrish say the opposite.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

In a statement Bradford and Bingley told Notts TV News: “The Court has ruled that the Crawford’s appeal did not have any prospect of success. Bradford and Bingley have followed proper legal procedure and we have an enforceable possession order for the property.”

http://news.nottstv.com/tom-crawford-ev ... -fight-on/
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
rumpelstilzchen

Two posters on GOOFs have actually dared to post a link to the newspaper where you can see parts of the judgment and they voice doubts about today being a success. bertiebert soon puts them in their place:
quoting the MSM you should know better by now, fraudulent paperwork right from the beginning, thats why tom cant appeal,, because it was fraud.. not to suggest that the criminals wont try again.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

vampireLOREN wrote:Fred, could they not now approach the court and get the warrant amended into a "No Knock" Instrument or what ever its true title is?.
A "no-knock" warrant is possible when the enforcement officer is looking to take moveable goods. See The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013, which do not apply when the "goods" are an only home. The purpose of "no-knock" is to prevent the debtor from sneakily removing the goods and hiding them before the door is knocked.

I can't find a mechanism for "no-knock" when the enforcement officer wants Tom to vacate his house. This seems to be governed by Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of Tenants etc) Act 2010 s2, which references regulations which in this case would be The Dwelling Houses (Execution of Possession Orders by Mortgagees) Regulations 2010.

As I understand it, the effect is that they have to give Tom 14 days written notice of an eviction. (But I'm not an expert at this stuff. Perhaps some other legislation is available for "no-knock".)

I wouldn't expect this to happen immediately. I suspect enforcement officers will liaise with police to find a diary date when there are no local football matches etc and a reasonable number of bobbies are available.
fat frank

Post by fat frank »

but what would happen if they give 14 days, not turn up claim gang was there, then pass up to HCEO who turn up with no notice, could that happen
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Two posters on GOOFs have actually dared to post a link to the newspaper where you can see parts of the judgment and they voice doubts about today being a success. bertiebert soon puts them in their place:
quoting the MSM you should know better by now, fraudulent paperwork right from the beginning, thats why tom cant appeal,, because it was fraud.. not to suggest that the criminals wont try again.
Do they think the judge said it was fraud? Or is it one of those freeman versions where the judgement against Tom proves that they are right about the fraud.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

littleFred wrote:
vampireLOREN wrote:Fred, could they not now approach the court and get the warrant amended into a "No Knock" Instrument or what ever its true title is?.
A "no-knock" warrant is possible when the enforcement officer is looking to take moveable goods. See The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013, which do not apply when the "goods" are an only home. The purpose of "no-knock" is to prevent the debtor from sneakily removing the goods and hiding them before the door is knocked.

I can't find a mechanism for "no-knock" when the enforcement officer wants Tom to vacate his house. This seems to be governed by Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of Tenants etc) Act 2010 s2, which references regulations which in this case would be The Dwelling Houses (Execution of Possession Orders by Mortgagees) Regulations 2010.

As I understand it, the effect is that they have to give Tom 14 days written notice of an eviction. (But I'm not an expert at this stuff. Perhaps some other legislation is available for "no-knock".)

I wouldn't expect this to happen immediately. I suspect enforcement officers will liaise with police to find a diary date when there are no local football matches etc and a reasonable number of bobbies are available.
Fred, Thank you for all the details and for your help. The reason I ask is the Cleveland Rhoden eviction was stopped on the first attempt, and on the second they took possession after he left for work. I actually think the Crawford home will be guarded by supporters until the bailiffs arrive.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
tm169
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by tm169 »

The judgement is totally damning. This should go down as a textbook example of total cognitive dissonance in the face of failure.
It's been a while since I dealt with mortgage warrants but in my day on the third or so eviction attempt the bailiffs would essentially give up and suggest you either got HCEOs on the case or get an order from a Circuit Judge dispensing with notice. Entry can be forced on orders for possession. A myth widely spread on goodf is that bailiffs can never force entry. In fact the lenders can force entry to allow the bailiff to enter the lenders property.

Another angle they might try is to get the order for possession endorsed with a penal notice. This means refusal to leave the property on the given day constitutes contempt of court and a CJ can issue an arrest warrant for civil contempt. Lenders are reluctant to do that due to "reputational risk" as they call it but I've seen it done once or twice.
rumpelstilzchen

Normal Wisdom wrote:
Do they think the judge said it was fraud? Or is it one of those freeman versions where the judgement against Tom proves that they are right about the fraud.
I think they believe the judge hinted at it being fraud when he said that Tom had a point regarding the figure that he (the judge) could find no evidence of and B&B said It had come out of a computer.
BHF wrote:
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:
Bones wrote:

That's definitely correct. The letter from B&B in 1999 accepted that they had mistakenly changed the mortgage from an endowment to a repayment but offered Tom the option of recalculating the loan on either basis from 1995. It took him three years to respond but eventually he opted for the endowment option .
Norm, I honestly do not believe he knew what an Endowment Mortgage was and still does not know. I think he is one of those truly rare beings A TOTALLY STUPID PERSON. He has already stuffed his heirs and I am sure the offer of Equity release was there , it actually begger's belief.
If at the end of the day if he appeared to be a genuine person I would have pity....but as it is serve them right!.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:
I think they believe the judge hinted at it being fraud when he said that Tom had a point regarding the figure that he (the judge) could find no evidence of and B&B said It had come out of a computer.
You could be right. Obviously that was a relatively small amount representing the amount of interest that he actually owed in addition to the capital sum. Hardly an indicator of fraud but after today I wouldn't be surprised how they spin any information
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

An important aspect of the 14-days notice: once the notice is given, the order can be executed any time after the 14 days, for as long as the warrant is valid. So I would expect that the notice will give a date 14 days hence they want Tom out. The mob will turn up on that day but enforcement officers won't. For them, there is no hurry.

The EOs can wait for the mob to disperse and for the property to have few or no people in it. If they don't succeed one day they can return at a later date.

I would love to think that Tom could make an arrangement with B&B but I think he is too firmly buried in delusions for that to be possible.