(UK) Elizabeth Watson

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: (UK) Elizabeth Watson

Post by grixit »

I don't think the authors of that story went to the same elementary school as the newbie.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ANONYMOUSE
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by ANONYMOUSE »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:54 pm
ANONYMOUSE wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:11 pmI co wrote a piece on him in the mail on Sunday outing him as a liar with fake academic & police background info! Please do read it online November 4th in the mail on Sunday!
Here is said article, that our friend ANONYMOUS couldn't be arsed to link.

That is the said Article I asked Liz to look out for it days in Advance to read as the research was all done by me & David Rose & Rosie Waterhouse!

I think you were to bloody quick to judge before doing any homework!
I’ll leave you all to your agenda as piss takers & lunatics.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lives.html

Liz
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

Ah.... First the Shill Gambit and now the Do Your Own Research Gambit.

How original.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

ANONYMOUSE wrote: That is the said Article I asked Liz to look out for it days in Advance to read as the research was all done by me & David Rose & Rosie Waterhouse!

Good job they have decent sub editors at the Mail on Sunday. It's quite a struggle to decipher Anonymouse's own brand of spelling, punctuation and grammar :lol:
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

ANONYMOUSE wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:53 am I’ll leave you all to your agenda as piss takers. & lunatics.
Fixed.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:54 pm
ANONYMOUSE wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:11 pmI co wrote a piece on him in the mail on Sunday outing him as a liar with fake academic & police background info! Please do read it online November 4th in the mail on Sunday!
Here is said article, that our friend ANONYMOUS couldn't be arsed to link.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lives.html

Liz
I don't have a lot of respect for the Mail as a reliable source of well researched news but they do generally print good English. This guy seems to have a lot of trouble with grammar, spelling and getting ideas down in a sensible way which leads me to wonder whether he could ever author something for a bona fide UK publication. Or maybe the Fail's sub editors are able to take a few random words and turn them into a as many pages of story as space requires. Would certainly explain a lot about the general lack of fact & reality found there.

PS. I am Elizabeth Watson!
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

You don’t believe me? Well their a a ton of posts who call Liz Watson a Liar & I misspelled one word & “can’t do Appeals”
It takes a special sort of person to make elementary spelling and grammar errors in a post complaining about being called out for such errors....
longdog

Post by longdog »

We all make mistokes of course but I find it endlessly amusing when people who claim to be involved in the law, like 'doing appeals', struggle to write a short paragraph with less than a dozen errors in it.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

longdog wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:29 pm We all make mistokes of course but I find it endlessly amusing when people who claim to be involved in the law, like 'doing appeals', struggle to write a short paragraph with less than a dozen errors in it.
It's the ones who can't write short, simple, clear, concise sentences and then turn them in to short, simple, clear, concise paragraphs that give themselves away.

I will admit to reading the Mail, largely for amusement value, although admittedly for gossip and semi-salacious pictures they aren't half bad. I just have to shut off my grammar and spelling editor first or I inevitably start wanting to throw things and even then sometimes they are so bad there is no escaping.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Thegreatgatsby
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Thegreatgatsby »

Thank God for this post & by all means I can show you all her crappy emails, texts & my phone rang off the hook!
She is deluded if she thinks I’m taking a 2000% pay cut!

I hope you are all successful in your own court cases etc.

Kindest Regards. J.

Being a curious cat I wouldn't mind seeing him post the emails and texts. Who doesn't like a bit of entertainment right?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

ANONYMOUSE wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:53 am That is the said Article I asked Liz to look out for it days in Advance to read as the research was all done by me & David Rose & Rosie Waterhouse!

Yes, Mark Williams-Thomas is a contemptible self-designated "expert" at the bottom of the media food chain. The Mail article sets this out well, and it is important to periodically remind everyone of the paucity of MWT's training, authority or reputation. If you contributed to that, then well done.

But now you are feeling wounded and unwelcome here, because of the reaction to your initial post. My respectful advice is to go back that post and read it again, through the eyes of someone who knows nothing about you. It gives a poor impression of you as a person, and it fails to clearly communicate what you were trying to tell us. It's as if you burst into the room, angry and excited, and started shouting about a jumble of different things.

Maybe you were tired, excited, maybe you'd had a glass or two of wine. Maybe you don't find it easy to write well, or you've become used to shoddy social media habits (all those exclamation marks!!!). Maybe you were writing on your phone, on a plane, with your hand in a plaster cast. Whatever. I'm not judging you as a person here, I'm just saying that your initial post gave a poor impression.

You can tell us all to fuck off, and that's fine. We see lots of drive-by visitors, they don't all leave happily. Or you can say "Sorry, guys. I bashed that out in a hurry, just so pleased to find other people who knew about Liz Watson". And we laugh it off, you stay, everything's fine. I do not mean that you have to apologise, only that you need to get past this awkward moment for your own pride.

I hope you stay. I'm interested in your stories and experiences, and we have information which would help you. We despise celebrity-targeting paedo-scandals, and we especially admire our friends at Hoaxtead https://hoaxteadresearch.wordpress.com.

Good luck either way,
Herc.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Thegreatgatsby wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 pm Being a curious cat I wouldn't mind seeing him post the emails and texts. Who doesn't like a bit of entertainment right?
Well, hello! Another new poster, perhaps de-lurking? Do not post private correspondence without careful thought, Anonymouse. It's not a crime, but knowing Liz Watson there might be some blowback. You may be sanguine about a bit of argy-bargy, of course.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:10 pm
Thegreatgatsby wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:22 pm Being a curious cat I wouldn't mind seeing him post the emails and texts. Who doesn't like a bit of entertainment right?
Well, hello! Another new poster, perhaps de-lurking? Do not post private correspondence without careful thought, Anonymouse. It's not a crime, but knowing Liz Watson there might be some blowback. You may be sanguine about a bit of argy-bargy, of course.
Oh God no! Posting private correspondence without any thought at all, especially if you're a few sheets to the wind and slightly angry, is a very good idea indeed. For us. Carry in.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

I was going to post this under the Random section until I spotted a familiar name ...

https://www.bridportnews.co.uk/news/177 ... ime-panel/
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Wonder if that's something to do with the re-repossession posted on the "Council Tax is Unlawful" group as that was apparently in Dorset. Couldn't be bothered to watch it if I'm honest. Always ends the same way in the end. (1) People break in. (2) Police say it's a civil matter (3) High Court writ. (4) Final eviction with prejudice.

At the root of it would appear to be that with all costs extracted from the property there is not much incentive to securely manage initial repossessions by all concerned.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Catching up on the latest law reports, I came across this today.

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2020/1441.html

Diana Copeland is Elizabeth Watson's sister. It's a long read but the nutshell version is that Diana was persuaded by Elizabeth to mortgage her house to invest in what turned out to be the same disastrous scheme Elizabeth Watson got involved in. There's a cogent summary here, from a report of a previous hearing.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5 ... 7f57ea7c60

Even more unfortunately for Mrs Copeland, her sister's "help" with the litigation has only made things worse. Over the years there have been many, many appeals, every one of which was doomed to failure. I can't imagine what the costs must be after so many years of fruitless litigation.

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Not like Elizabeth Watson to believe any old bollocks is it?

Seems the fraudsters Alan White and Shinder Gangar failed to pay their fines and were jailed again in 2016.

https://www.ftadviser.com/2016/02/04/re ... ticle.html

There a section in the ruling which, as we've always said, blows a massive hole in O'Bonker's assertions about mortgages and signing and original copies and witnessing. The judge accepted that a copy of a document containing her signature, despite it not being on every sheet and was clearly originally part of a whole contract was sufficient to prove that a mortgage existed.

This is one extra nugget in there:
In reply and on the second day of the hearing, she referred to the domineering nature of her sister which was a contributory factor to her stress, and that she took over completely and wrote the letter of 5th August 2018. She referred to her bullying nature over a long time even to the extent of physical abuse at home.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

The striking thing about this whole saga is Elizabeth Watson's own character. She was the key figure in persuading friends and family to mortgage their homes and 'invest' the proceeds in a Ponzi. She alone chose to 'reinvest' significant sums which had been fortuitously recovered (para 14(6) of this judgement), by giving those funds back to the same scammers! This theme of reckless self-certainty permeates the whole story. What Elizabeth thinks or wants is automatically right, and all others must comply. If her decision turns out to be bad, then that is someone else's fault.

I still find it astonishing that the dispute has been going on for nearly 20yrs, and the banks are no nearer to recovering the sums owed. The courts have given vastly unfair deference to Watson's air of middle-class entitlement, allowing proceedings to be scandalously frustrated and delayed, turning a blind-eye to abusive and dishonest representations.

I do understand that the bank will eventually recover from Watson's estate, including some of their legal costs, but I still think it's contrary to the public interest to allow this kind of nonsense. If only because Watson's example has inspired other stubborn fools to selfishly monopolise scarce access to public justice. It's like allowing a mob of demanding hypochondriacs to monopolise A&E (or ER, for our colonial friends) while casualties with real health emergencies die in the waiting room.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

It's a sad indictment of the current state of English jurisprudence, driven by the tolerance shown to LIPs who have greatly increased since getting legal aid has been made very difficult over the last decade and more. The result is that many cases are unattractive to large parts of the legal profession or that professional advice is not being sought because it cannot be afforded.

Coupled with a crumbling infrastructure, cash starvation is driving the English legal system close to a complete collapse. The backlog being caused by Covid-19 may well be the final straw.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.