Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

YiamCross
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England: He's going to be in REal trouble

Post by YiamCross »

Jeffrey wrote:BBC radio interview isn't the way to take down Peter. You need people who have been fleeced to report him to the relevant authorities.
The chances of the police taking any action over a small time crook who's scammed a few other chancers and scammers are slim and none. With some publicity they might be prodded into actually doing something. Always assuming there's any resource to deal with fraud. I suspect the only way any action for fraud will be taken would be by a council or bank who's had a cheque presented to them by someone they think they can prove knew, or ought to have known, it's worthless.

I imagine that Peter will have had everything they've got worth having long before any court can get close to them.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

That's a "wafer" thin post there Rumple. Maybe I can mint choc and chip in to the debate but don't want to cause any "raspberry ripples". After all "Walls" have ears. WeRe customers need to read their "cone" tracts or they'll appear "flakey".

Coat
I'll
Get
My
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

exiledscouser wrote:That's a "wafer" thin post there Rumple. Maybe I can mint choc and chip in to the debate but don't want to cause any "raspberry ripples". After all "Walls" have ears. WeRe customers need to read their "cone" tracts or they'll appear "flakey".

Coat
I'll
Get
My
On a more serious note hundreds & thousands have fallen for this scam which at first "snowballed" & now it's not turned out to "fab" has it Peter.

Just off out..........BOOMBOOM!!!!1!!!! :shrug:
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

This is the Crawfraud judgment all over again, with PoE and his marks crowing that the FCA notice is an endorsement of the legitimacy of WeRe Bank. But, as PoE says, you have to read between the lines. Probably because, coming from a government body, the notice was written in legalese.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

The Guardian wrote: After receiving many reports of WeRe Bank’s activities, the Financial Conduct Authority has issued a warning, saying that while the venture styles itself as a bank, it does not appear to be one. “We advise any consumers considering dealing with WeRe Bank to proceed with caution", the FCA said.

Proceed with caution. Is that the most they can say? I assume if PoE was in the street loosing off with a handgun they would advise people to duck.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Bones

Post by Bones »

And who is this idiot ?

"should any unbelivers wish to call me out then put your currency where your mouth is, if you are that sure were bank doesn't operate as a bank then I will put 10k of your money up "as will you,"

Stuart, your guru has already posted himself that WeRe Bank does not operate as a Bank.
Bones wrote:Peter Fraud of England has posted this on his FB

Here is the case quoted but it doesn't help his argument

http://www.vanuatu.usp.ac.fj/courses/LA ... kwood.html

Peter needs to read the cases he relies upon

"Those three characteristics are much the same as those stated in Paget's Law of Banking, 6th ed. (1961), p. 8:

"No-one and nobody, corporate or otherwise, can be a 'banker' who does not (i) take current accounts; (ii) pay cheques drawn on himself; (iii) collect cheques for his customers.""

Shows Peter is wrong to call himself a Banker or WeRe a bank

Please make a cheque not drawn on WeRe but a real bank out to Quatloo's Annual Christmas Party Fund
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah Yeah, course you have and Tom won his case too :haha:

Bones

Post by Bones »

Even the natives are asking what happened to Dippy Darren's First Plus Success !1!!!! thread

I wonder if Darren has the balls to post publicly what has happened :shrug:
Last edited by Bones on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Someone has been on the sherry today
Bones

Post by Bones »

Looks like Peter is a Jerry Maguire fan - SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!!
Bones

Post by Bones »

The flaw in your argument Marky, is that two people have not agreed to use carrots, or were cheques for that matter and that is the reason the scam doesn't work.

Not even Peter accepts a WeRe cheque - surely that should tell you something.
rpenner
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by rpenner »

Pox wrote:Sometimes, the enforcement of the law in this country disappoints me.
You must have been watching too many police procedurals. Watching Law and Order or Inspector Lewis you might get the impression that every murder gets solved. Watching Yes, Minister followed by The Thick of It might lead you to believe profane expressions are recent innovations in government offices. Similarly, watching too much Star Trek: The Next Generation will leave you profoundly disappointed when going to a doctor with a complex problem.

But since the alternative is dressing up like Batman, please keep watching TV. :P
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Bones wrote: The flaw in your argument Marky, is...
...that having read that comment Peter will now be buying anything you have left of value of you for carrots?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

One thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is that nowhere amongst the people who claim they have successfully settled a debt using a WeRe cheque do we see PoE. Peter has never said that he has used a WeRe cheque successfully. It is strange that the only available evidence comes from anonymous customers of the WeRe bank. The head of the bank AFAIK has never even mentioned using a WeRe cheque. The GOOFs latch on to any claim by an anonymous poster that a cheque has cleared but they never ask Peter for proof of him using one successfully. It is my belief Peter uses cash to settle up and not a WeRe cheque.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Pox

Post by Pox »

rpenner wrote:
Pox wrote:Sometimes, the enforcement of the law in this country disappoints me.
You must have been watching too many police procedurals. Watching Law and Order or Inspector Lewis you might get the impression that every murder gets solved. Watching Yes, Minister followed by The Thick of It might lead you to believe profane expressions are recent innovations in government offices. Similarly, watching too much Star Trek: The Next Generation will leave you profoundly disappointed when going to a doctor with a complex problem.

But since the alternative is dressing up like Batman, please keep watching TV. :P
I have never watched Law and Order, Inspector Lewis, The Thick of it or any Star Trek stuff.

I did used to watch Yes Minister and even bought some of the books, back in the 1970's if I remember as I enjoyed the comedy of it all ( perhaps tinged with a bit of reality, who cares - it was amusing).

perhaps my expectations are too high with regard to the boys in blue?

Back on topic ish - I can only hope that the spin POE has put on the recent FSA announcement encourages more folks to go down his path. Not because I wish them any harm, but because the more suckers who are enrolled in this farce, the greater the chance of the authorities actually doing something to bring it down.
Losleones

Post by Losleones »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:One thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is that nowhere amongst the people who claim they have successfully settled a debt using a WeRe cheque do we see PoE.
Here you are Rump. Proof that WeRe cheques have cleared by waving pieces of paper where, convienently, it's impossible to detect any evidence. You old smoothy Pete :whistle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLSz ... qJ9y3jW3is
Bones

Post by Bones »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:It is strange that the only available evidence comes from anonymous customers of the WeRe bank.
What is really strange is not only has the evidence been removed from the were bank forum, but the actual thread has been deleted. Why would a thread detailing the first success !1!!!!! for were bank, be deleted :whistle:
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Bones wrote:
What is really strange is not only has the evidence been removed from the were bank forum, but the actual thread has been deleted. Why would a thread detailing the first success !1!!!!! for were bank, be deleted :whistle:
Would the "success" poster have the facility to delete the thread on that forum or would it have been our old mate Peter?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Pox

Post by Pox »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bones wrote:
Would the "success" poster have the facility to delete the thread on that forum or would it have been our old mate Peter?
The cheque was to 'pay off' a mortgage wasn't it and POE said his cheques should not be used for this, so maybe this is the reason?

Whatever it was for, it won't work anyway, so if POE deleted the thread, why bother?
Bones

Post by Bones »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bones wrote:
It looks like a thread can only be deleted by admin, so much that success !1!!!! :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: