Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Chrisy Morris - Parking Tickets and Bailiffs.

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

JimUk1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:50 pm I’m not surprised. Councillors are expected to behave themselves and act as a force for good In their community, so say the councillor code of conduct, Chrisy is a “gobshite” who’s in it for himself.
Now I'm not going to give away more than is strictly necessary but in a shocking turn around, and without knowing more which may influence my position, I'm on Cwisy's side here!

"Standards" enforced when they are not a clear breach of the law are a mechanism of control. You may not agree with someone but an elected councillor has to face an electorate at some point, and I actually commend him for going down this path rather than the FMOTLer LARPing we normally see.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

That's OK up to a limit but if he's disrupting council business with his petty obsessions and baseless allegations that are actionably defamatory that's going beyond the limits of what's acceptable.

I know a lot of councils are run by misfits and busybodies whose greatest achievement in life is saving £50 per year by emptying the three dog poo bins they have once a fortnight instead of once a week but I suspect Cwissy is using his position entirely to advance his own monomania.

I'll bet a billion Re or one shiny shilling (whichever is the greater) that the amount of actual work he has done as a councillor is somewhere between none and sweet FA.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

It is my honestly held belief and personal opinion that most of the decisions made are given to a select number of senior Conservative councillors which then force other Conservative councillors into to implementing them with the Tory slim majority.
That 'given to', with it's implication of hidden and malign external forces, suggests that Morris believes that there's a conspiracy afoot.
longdog

Post by longdog »

It does make you wonder if he actually grasps the concept of political parties doesn't it?

I'm pretty sure if I sat as a councillor / MP / MEP for the conservative party I wouldn't last long as a party member when they realised I was somewhere to the left of LeonTrotsky and voted against them every single time :-D
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

longdog wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 am It does make you wonder if he actually grasps the concept of political parties doesn't it?
I'm sure he feels the people laughing at him behind his back are the conspiracy
longdog

Post by longdog »

Chaos wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm
longdog wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:29 am It does make you wonder if he actually grasps the concept of political parties doesn't it?
I'm sure he feels the people laughing at him behind his back are the conspiracy
That's the thing about conspiracy theorists. Even if something is announced to the media as a proposal, put out to public consultation, debated in parliament, published on .gov.uk and details sent to every house in the land it doesn't stop them "discovering" it through their "in depth research" a few years later and calling it a secret conspiracy that was covered up by "they".
AnOwlCalledSage

99% of the "in it for the money" accusations are crap, but I do have local authority experience. :mouthshut:

1) The head of the planning committee free-lanced as an undeclared planning consultant. Apparently that was okay because he was self-employed and did not have to disclose his clients under law.
2) I was referred 3 times to the local standards committee by a single party junta for political "stunts" before Standards England told them to get stuffed.
3) I was asked to interfere in a planning application by a politically connected person. I told them to go **** themselves.

I will not be providing evidence to support my assertions, other than they are factual and I do still have the emails!

Just because Cwrisy is not liked here doesn't mean shenanigans don't go on. However, it takes evidence to elevate it to the realm of criminality. I suspect he does not have that.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm
JimUk1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:50 pm I’m not surprised. Councillors are expected to behave themselves and act as a force for good In their community, so say the councillor code of conduct, Chrisy is a “gobshite” who’s in it for himself.
Now I'm not going to give away more than is strictly necessary but in a shocking turn around, and without knowing more which may influence my position, I'm on Cwisy's side here!

"Standards" enforced when they are not a clear breach of the law are a mechanism of control. You may not agree with someone but an elected councillor has to face an electorate at some point, and I actually commend him for going down this path rather than the FMOTLer LARPing we normally see.
I disagree. There will be set standards expected by the local parish council and failing to respect others is outlined in that code, given Christopher’s history I assume that’s what path they’ll go down.

Having been asked to stand as a councillor myself it should be viewed as a public duty rather than a a means to poke back at people you don’t like, which I suspect Chrisy is using it for-
https://www.maldon.gov.uk/info/20061/yo ... councillor

If they are all in agreement that he’s been his typical gobshite self than he’s not got much grounds for recourse especially since he is up for a breach of court order.

He’ll be gone soon. He can shout all he wants but his ex “wife” appears to have had enough of his stalking.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

What we do know is that Cwissy is a loudmouthed bully of long standing, and getting on something like a HOA board or local Council does not change that, in fact it only encourages and empowers them. I would expect Cwissy is running true to form.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Chaos wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm I'm sure he feels the people laughing at him behind his back are the conspiracy
He is a fluke of the universe.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
AnOwlCalledSage

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:10 pm I disagree. There will be set standards expected by the local parish council and failing to respect others is outlined in that code, given Christopher’s history I assume that’s what path they’ll go down.

Having been asked to stand as a councillor myself it should be viewed as a public duty rather than a a means to poke back at people you don’t like, which I suspect Chrisy is using it for-
https://www.maldon.gov.uk/info/20061/yo ... councillor

If they are all in agreement that he’s been his typical gobshite self than he’s not got much grounds for recourse especially since he is up for a breach of court order.
That is not how it works. Whilst I agree that past behaviour is an indicative factor with him, I would need to see actual evidence rather than "I assume" and "I suspect".
The Government considers that the Standards Board regime, consisting of a centrally prescribed model code of conduct, standards committees with the power to suspend a local authority member and regulated by a central quango was
inconsistent with the principles of localism. In addition there is a concern that the regime is a vehicle for vexatious or politically motivated complaints.

The Government considers that it is the right and the responsibility of the electorate to determine who represents them and that the abolition of the regime will restore power to local people
As well as first hand experience, I know personally of at least 3 other cases where standards were politically abused to cover up senior councillors and officers misbehaviours.

In additions, the bad behaviour must be whilst acting in the capacity of a councillor. If he behaves himself in council meetings, respects council officers going about their duties and constituents whilst acting in his capacity as a councillor then they do not apply. For example, a councillor being abusive down the pub does not fall under those rules no matter how offensive he is as long as he not in any official capacity.

In any case:
Such committees will, according to councils’ local constitutions, be able to censure but will not be able to suspend or disqualify members from council membership.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I still haven't seen anything as to what has been claimed against him.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:07 am I still haven't seen anything as to what has been claimed against him.
There was a video on YouTube which he filed in the council chamber where he was making various wild allegations of corruption against various people which I think had something to do with the police.

The fact he posted it is probably evidence enough of misconduct.
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 am The fact he posted it is probably evidence enough of misconduct.
Posting it in itself is not misconduct. A change to the rules in about 2012 made it permissible to message, tweet and broadcast from council meetings. There are exceptions for in-camera agenda items, but the general principle is that it is allowed since a council meeting is a public forum.

However, the content may be sufficient for censure if it shows him being disrespectful to others, and if he has made allegations then, unlike MPs, councillors do not have privilege so he could be sued by an aggrieved party.
Muffinman
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Muffinman »

I personally have a lot of evidence on chrisy Morris. Legal documents and other information about him.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Muffinman wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:13 am I personally have a lot of evidence on chrisy Morris. Legal documents and other information about him.
Bravo. You may want to discuss them in one of the Facebook groups.
NedSeagoon
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by NedSeagoon »

hucknallred wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:37 pm
Muffinman wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:13 am I personally have a lot of evidence on chrisy Morris. Legal documents and other information about him.
Bravo. You may want to discuss them in one of the Facebook groups.
If you do please post a link.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Chrisy Morris continuing to win friends and influence people. Here's a clip of him asking a council bod not to threaten him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXIv_AqvsZw
His next court case is this month, anyone know the date?
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

He Who Knows wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:25 am Chrisy Morris continuing to win friends and influence people. Here's a clip of him asking a council bod not to threaten him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXIv_AqvsZw
His next court case is this month, anyone know the date?
Well based on that video he’ll be out the Council by end of next month.

For someone supposedly interested in helping the people, all he seems to want to do it disrupt a parish council; massive influence there.

Guys a moron and he won’t change- he deserves all he is about to get.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

It's ironic that Chrisy Morris accuses others of threatening him when that seems to be his speciality. He has stalked and threatened the wife and kids of Des Richardson in Mossley after a Facebook spat on 'FMOTL Fails'. He's stalked the neighbours of Rekha Patel in Glossop during his 5-mins of fame as a bailiff baiter. He's due in court for abusive behaviour to members of his own family. The only reason he has avoided comeuppance so far is due to the under-resourced criminal justice system (see page 59 about CPS incompetence allowed him to win his appeal against the charge of obstructing a High Court Enforcement officer). The guy has got away with it for far too long.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)