Anthony Wayne Abel - The new Youtube fmotl guru

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Anthony Wayne Abel - The new Youtube fmotl guru

Post by Gregg »

In my helicopter crash in 1986, I was on or near the border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua. The difference at the time was south of the border, they found you, came and picked you up, had quite a party for you etc.... but North of the border, your momma found out in CNN what you'd been up to that day.
Anyhow, I broke my knee, top of the tibia and scapula, and I walked several miles out of a jungle that way. It wasn't fun, I still limp and I can assure you the whole fear and adrenaline thing factored in. But I was found south of the border and it all worked out.

I was also in my early 20s and was still going to live forever.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:11 am
It is possible for people in a life-or-death situation to draw on emergency reserves (glycogen, i think it's called) and do superhuman things. There are stories of ordinary people lifting cars or other heavy objects, off of themselves or someone else who is trapped.

I don't think that's what happened here - the man's leg would be damaged beyond repair - but it's another possible explanation.
I recall a story -- told by Bill Mauldin, I think -- of four GIs who were in a jeep, on a very narrow road, when it came under shell fire. The men got our, picked up the jeep, turned it around, and headed off to safety. At their bivouac, they were asked to replicate the feat; and they couldn't budge the jeep.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pox
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Pox »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:43 am In my helicopter crash in 1986, I was on or near the border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua. The difference at the time was south of the border, they found you, came and picked you up, had quite a party for you etc.... but North of the border, your momma found out in CNN what you'd been up to that day.
Anyhow, I broke my knee, top of the tibia and scapula, and I walked several miles out of a jungle that way. It wasn't fun, I still limp and I can assure you the whole fear and adrenaline thing factored in. But I was found south of the border and it all worked out.

Only one fracture for me - tibia, after a horse riding 'incident'. I was able to get the horse untacked and back in his stable before getting someone to drive me to casualty.
I walked down the corridor unaided, but dragging my leg a bit. They sent me to x-ray, saying 'we don't think you've broken anything, because you walked in on it'.
So yes, it is possible to walk with a broken leg and I was lucky they didn't have to pin it, which was what they were considering doing.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Also, "broken leg" is a very vague description. There's a lot of different leg bones you can break, ways you can break them, and degrees of severity. Without more specifics, the veracity of AWA's original claim is difficult to judge.
Wozzle
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Wozzle »

The civil enforcement officer who got a restraining order against him is now a firefighter! :lol:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Gregg wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:43 am In my helicopter crash in 1986, I was on or near the border between Costa Rica and Nicaragua. The difference at the time was south of the border, they found you, came and picked you up, had quite a party for you etc.... but North of the border, your momma found out in CNN what you'd been up to that day.

I remember that period. At one point a US citizen got caught parachuting into Nicaragua. After a few days he was released because the sandanistas concluded that he was too stupid to be part of a CIA scheme. Later it turned out that they had in fact, underestimated just how stupid a CIA scheme could be.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

grixit wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:05 am

I remember that period. At one point a US citizen got caught parachuting into Nicaragua. After a few days he was released because the sandanistas concluded that he was too stupid to be part of a CIA scheme. Later it turned out that they had in fact, underestimated just how stupid a CIA scheme could be.
Is that even in fact possible?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:17 am
grixit wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:05 am I remember that period. At one point a US citizen got caught parachuting into Nicaragua. After a few days he was released because the sandanistas concluded that he was too stupid to be part of a CIA scheme. Later it turned out that they had in fact, underestimated just how stupid a CIA scheme could be.
Ahh, we have a problem with negation here. If one under-estimates the stupidity of a scheme, one thinks that it's less stupid than it actually is. In this case, the answer to the question as asked is "Yes, in fact it's trivially easy". However, a more likely scenario is to over-estimate the stupidity, or under-estimate the cleverness, of the scheme. Here, "No" is the answer, as there's a hard limit of zero intelligence applicable to any scheme. Unless negative intelligence is a valid concept?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Tevildo wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:59 am
notorial dissent wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:17 am
grixit wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:05 am I remember that period. At one point a US citizen got caught parachuting into Nicaragua. After a few days he was released because the sandanistas concluded that he was too stupid to be part of a CIA scheme. Later it turned out that they had in fact, underestimated just how stupid a CIA scheme could be.
Ahh, we have a problem with negation here. If one under-estimates the stupidity of a scheme, one thinks that it's less stupid than it actually is. In this case, the answer to the question as asked is "Yes, in fact it's trivially easy". However, a more likely scenario is to over-estimate the stupidity, or under-estimate the cleverness, of the scheme. Here, "No" is the answer, as there's a hard limit of zero intelligence applicable to any scheme. Unless negative intelligence is a valid concept?
You forget who we're talking about here. Negative to imaginary is entirely within the scope of the concept.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.