Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 pm The Queen and Prince Philip alone (with maybe Charles and Camilla lending a hand) would probably do a credible job of fighting off such a theoretical opposition.
If it came to it, I'm sure HM could still wield a smallbore Purdey or similar. Ditto Phil the Greek. There's also probably a bit of uncommon law that says they can be hung drawn and quartered for being in the wrong place with the option of putting their heads on the railings afterwards.
And don't piss about with Guardsmen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv007iMWRMY
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gregg wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:25 am But let's be truthful here, this would be the best youtube EVER.
They might as well be good for something, although they'll screw that up as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

But let's be truthful here, this would be the best youtube EVER.
I said that I'd pay to see it, you've not heard that from me before. As I recall your favorite YouTube video is the one of that young moron getting tazered for trying to force his way into a courtroom while his mother rants away. This would top that.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The best part about that one is the bored indifference of the man doing the tazering.............
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

morrand wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:46 am As excellent as the Queen's guards are at combat in its various forms, I have to think they have so much more expertise and skill in calmly handling the sort of cranks that drift up to Westminster, from King Allan of Gondor (of Denver) all the way through to daffy Aunt Zelda of Mornington Crescent.
On my recent Windsor Castle tour, we were warned to stay out of the guards' way, as they will very unceremoniously shove or yell you out of their way. There a few YouTube videos of this happening.

I realize the Buckingham Palace guards aren't exactly the same, but I wouldn't be surprised if any threatening folks are met with something less than standard British courtesy.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

There was a great video a few years back where a tourist was mimicking marching up and down next to a Guard, and then was foolish enough to touch the Guard on the shoulder. This resulted in the tourist looking down a bayoneted rifle barrel.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 am
Burnaby49 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 pm The Queen and Prince Philip alone (with maybe Charles and Camilla lending a hand) would probably do a credible job of fighting off such a theoretical opposition.
If it came to it, I'm sure HM could still wield a smallbore Purdey or similar. Ditto Phil the Greek. There's also probably a bit of uncommon law that says they can be hung drawn and quartered for being in the wrong place with the option of putting their heads on the railings afterwards.
Wasn't the Queen once a Women's Auxiliary mechanic? She can probably still handle a tire iron pretty well.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Yes, she was (on the left).

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:57 pm
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 am
Wasn't the Queen once a Women's Auxiliary mechanic? She can probably still handle a tire iron pretty well.
On the off chance the kids are over for tea, Prince Harry spent some time in my former line of work...

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Queen was trained with regular military rifles, has hunted with shot guns for most of her adult life, and I would suspect she certainly knows how to use a hand gun as well and is probably equally proficient. Prince Philip isn't even a question, having actually actively served during time of war, and then hunted most all his life. Her children are certainly equally trained and qualified on all counts. Two of the grandchildren most certainly, the rest???????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

"Tell him to come on and try..."
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:57 pm Wasn't the Queen once a Women's Auxiliary mechanic? She can probably still handle a tire iron pretty well.
According to my aforementioned tour guide, the Queen often drives when going to official events. Apparently this once shocked some dignitaries from Saudi Arabia. She doesn't have a licence, but who's going to tell her she has to get one?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Queen doesn't need a license, basically because everyone else's is issued from her.

Why the Queen doesn't own a license and doesn't need one to drive
As part of the "royal prerogative" – powers and rights that the sovereign alone possesses – Her Majesty is the only person in the UK who can drive without a license, even though driving licenses are issued in her name. Among her many privileges, she has never needed to take a driving test and is allowed to drive without a number plate on her state car.
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2 ... g-license/
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:19 am
BoomerSooner17 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:57 pm Wasn't the Queen once a Women's Auxiliary mechanic? She can probably still handle a tire iron pretty well.
According to my aforementioned tour guide, the Queen often drives when going to official events. Apparently this once shocked some dignitaries from Saudi Arabia. She doesn't have a licence, but who's going to tell her she has to get one?
That story was about the visit of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. The gist is that there was some time before the next official engagement so the Queen offered to show the king round the Sandringham(?) estate. King and translator get in Land Rover, Queen jumps into driver's seat and sets off for a blast round the estate roads. Bear in mind women don't drive in SA and the Queen knows the place like the back of her hand. Apparently the King wasn't expecting a bit of off-roading and I pity the poor translator who had to come up with a way a telling HM that his boss wasn't happy without denigrating either royal party.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... _n_6533236
It was Balmoral not Sandringham.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

That's pretty much the story the tour guide told us, though her version seemed a little embellished. Nice to hear it's basically true, though.

In addition to driving, they also said the Queen still rides horses at her advanced age. That's pretty impressive.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I believe Liz used to drive herself around London in a Hillman Hunter. I've always thought that if you bumped into HM the Q out of context, like seeing her popping down to Saisbury's for twenty Rothmans, a copy of Take a Break and a four pack of Carling in a Hillman Hunter, you probably wouldn't notice her.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Its not terribly unusual for her to drive herself even today, around WIndsor and Balmoral, apparently.
morrand

Post by morrand »

longdog wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:41 pm I've always thought that if you bumped into HM the Q out of context, like seeing her popping down to Sainsbury's for twenty Rothmans, a copy of Take a Break and a four pack of Carling in a Hillman Hunter, you probably wouldn't notice her.
Sounds like a great design for the next pound coin.
---
Morrand
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Queen may not need a driver's license but her husband apparently does.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/09/uk/princ ... index.html

I'm not familiar with British driving restrictions but I assume that he can still drive on his own properties, just not public roads.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
longdog

Post by longdog »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 am I'm not familiar with British driving restrictions but I assume that he can still drive on his own properties, just not public roads.
Correct.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?