Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Post by letissier14 »

The KaK & M@© Show is back on their new channel, talking about the latest government kill weapon

His channel

https://www.bitchute.com/channel/ACQpou2ZuMVr/
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

For once I think they have a point. Not the "kill machine" stuff but I wouldn't want a monstrosity like that suddenly being put up right beside my house.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

They don't appear "suddenly", it takes about 3 or 4 days for the install. Yes it is a 4G/5G kill weapon however. I don't know about the approvals process for a tower in the UK, but most jurisdictions have a process that in some cases allows for public input. However that means creating joinder and contracting with the local authorities so to keep your FMOTL creds you should only complain about it after the fact.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

5G process in the UK illustrated, with nutter
A new 5G phone mast is set to be built in Boothstown despite councillors hearing objections from a former Salford resident with a 'self-diagnosed' allergy.

Planning permission has been granted for the 20 metre telecommunications mast on the East Lancashire Road, near Mosley Common Road.

Salford council received 15 objections to the application, which was submitted by network operator Three to improve phone coverage in the neighbourhood.

The planning panel heard from one objector who had recently moved out of the city due to being 'self-diagnosed allergic to electronic magnetic field'.

He urged councillors to consider the consequences to public health and install signs warning residents of the radiation levels that the 5G masts would omit.

Council officer Amy Smith explained that planning regulations state that the panel is unable to consider any other matters beyond location and appearance.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-19772715
eric

Post by eric »

Is that all there is to it in the UK? In Canada the approval process typically takes about 18 months. Of course since telco towers are federally regulated that part of it sucks up 12 of those months but you have to check off with two federal departments, one provincial department, and one or more municipal departments before you get to the public consultation part of things if applicable. A good friend of mine spent his whole working career writing these applications. After all, if the tower is high enough, even the flashing red light on top to warn off aircraft requires an engineering study.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

I don't know it it has changed as it has been nearly a decade since my last involvement in such matters. Back in 2009, "planning permission" for telecoms masts could be referred to the planning committee, but (and it's a big but not a big butt) the committee had no ability to interfere other than making "recommendations". We had a stream if NIMBYs objecting to masts near them (and presumably the first to complain that they could get no signal). The most we "managed" to do was have BT modify their design for antennas on a grade 2 listed building, which they said they were happy to comply with.

Whilst you might get a few councils pandering to people with headlines claiming "bans", in practice there's nothing they can do about it, as there is normally no legitimate reason to refuse and an appeal to the planning inspectorate would simply be rubber stamped, and the council would have pay the full costs of the appeal and their opponents legal fees. Any changes that are hailed as a !!!SUCCESS1!! are usually down to the telecom company deciding that riling up the neighbours when they probably have viable alternatives is the prudent approach.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

He urged councillors to consider the consequences to public health and install signs warning residents of the radiation levels that the 5G masts would omit.
WARNING

THIS INSTALLATION EMITS NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNTS

OF HARMLESS NON-IONISING RADIATION.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
morrand

Post by morrand »

longdog wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:04 pm
WARNING

THIS INSTALLATION EMITS NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNTS

OF HARMLESS NON-IONISING RADIATION.
Off topic, but somehow this reminds me of my favorite warning sign ever, which was supposed to be put on air raid sirens that were mounted very low to the ground:
CAUTION!
This ______ (siren, horn, etc.) operates automatically. Its sound can be dangerous to your hearing. When it starts to operate, cover your ears and move at least 200 feet away.
---
Morrand
longdog

Post by longdog »

morrand wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:06 pm Off topic, but somehow this reminds me of my favorite warning sign ever, which was supposed to be put on air raid sirens that were mounted very low to the ground:
CAUTION!
This ______ (siren, horn, etc.) operates automatically. Its sound can be dangerous to your hearing. When it starts to operate, cover your ears and move at least 200 feet away.
A place I worked at for many years finally decided to take health and safety seriously, not out of any sudden concern for the employees but because more and more large customers started demanding the same standards from their contractors as they enforced themselves and wanted to see proper documentation of a safety policy. The same went for equality, environment and so on.

Being the cheapskates that they were they appointed somebody from the shop floor who was keen but hopeless. Her idea of health and safety was to put warning signs up and boy did she put warning signs up. The "Caution Vehicles Reversing" and "Slippery when wet" things were fine but when she put electrical warning stickers above every socket and light switch I decided to join in with pointless warning stickers.

"Caution: This room contains an atmosphere".

"Warning: Acceleration due to gravity at 9.8m/s/s in effect".

"Beware: This room may contain badgers if badgers have been stored in this room".

And my favourite.... "EXTREME DANGER - NO ENTRY TO AUTHORISED PERSONNEL!" signs on brick walls with no door in sight and ceilings.

They took the hint in the end and she became a bloody good H&S officer once she got the hang of it.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

A company I worked for back in the day made proprietary high end Windows NT servers. On the back of one was a 1cm square red button. It was marked "Do Not Press" :snicker:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
eric

Post by eric »

I suspect that the person who put the red button and sticker there was playing an in joke known only to ancients such as myself who programmed PDP 11's and LSI-11's. Very early models of them had a toggle switch marked do not press. If you hit the switch, on nearly all computers it did absolutely nothing. On a very few computers, if the switch was in what was deemed by that computer to be the wrong position, would cause the CPU to randomly go into left field and hang. Generally if I ended up with one of those computers I would jumper it to the "right" position but leave the switch there just to annoy people. BTW, for the technically minded here, the real fix was to change the power supply for one with less ground noise than the one that came with the computer.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Many years ago, I went to visit the 'Julians Bower' turf maze at Alkborough in a remote corner of Lincolnshire. The village is at the Northern end of the Wolds where they fall away to the Humber estuary. As we wandered around, we came to the most enigmatic sign I think I've seen (a proper council looking one) on one of the footpaths which said:

CAUTION
STEEP BANK
SUDDEN NOISE

And on the question of useless buttons/switches:
The version of the useless machine that became famous in information theory (basically a box with a simple switch which, when turned "on", causes a hand or lever to appear from inside the box that switches the machine "off" before disappearing inside the box again appears to have been invented by MIT professor and artificial intelligence pioneer Marvin Minsky, while he was a graduate student at Bell Labs in 1952. Minsky dubbed his invention the "ultimate machine", but that sense of the term did not catch on. The device has also been called the "Leave Me Alone Box".

Minsky's mentor at Bell Labs, information theory pioneer Claude Shannon (who later also became an MIT professor), made his own versions of the machine. He kept one on his desk, where science fiction author Arthur C. Clarke saw it. Clarke later wrote, "There is something unspeakably sinister about a machine that does nothing—absolutely nothing—except switch itself off", and he was fascinated by the concept.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useless_machine

YT video of one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KTilOsXBmU
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The version of the useless machine that became famous in information theory (basically a box with a simple switch which, when turned "on", causes a hand or lever to appear from inside the box that switches the machine "off" before disappearing inside the box again appears to have been invented by MIT professor and artificial intelligence pioneer Marvin Minsky, while he was a graduate student at Bell Labs in 1952. Minsky dubbed his invention the "ultimate machine", but that sense of the term did not catch on. The device has also been called the "Leave Me Alone Box".

Minsky's mentor at Bell Labs, information theory pioneer Claude Shannon (who later also became an MIT professor), made his own versions of the machine. He kept one on his desk, where science fiction author Arthur C. Clarke saw it. Clarke later wrote, "There is something unspeakably sinister about a machine that does nothing—absolutely nothing—except switch itself off", and he was fascinated by the concept.
I have always loved reading Arthur C. Clarke's writings, both fiction and non-fiction. I still re-read his stuff.

It is well known that he was the first one to publish (in the fifties) the orbital calculations for a geo-synchronous satellite, now universally used for communications. I've read that he attempted to patent it, but was denied, on the grounds that it was impossible to place a satellite there. He could have been fantastically rich, come the sixties and seventies, when such satellites became practical.

At least he got the recognition in that it is officially referred to as the "Clarke Belt".

I also love his quote that "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I'm fairly certain I originally came across the Useless Machine in Philip K Dick somewhere - and you can see why he would have loved it. Until I came to look it up I hadn't realised Clarke was a fan.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Pre-Production Prototype test trucks which I drive at work often don't have all the electronics figured out so when you get in and try to start it, you have to "OK" all the stuff that doesn't work or isn't hooked up. Good to know they value our safety.
:mrgreen:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Mark Ceylon still on about not paying his council tax AGAIN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huqGFDxdkNg

with a new website about the process

https://noc.peacekeepers.org.uk/

The site is also linked to

https://peacekeepers.org.uk/
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
longdog

Post by longdog »

Wow... Think of all the HTML mines that could have taken the afternoon off used if only he had looked up the word "tax" in a dictionary.

And when you eventually scroll to the end what does it say?..
If you want legal advice go to a legal professional.
Well quite. :mrgreen:
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

'Beccy' on the Peacekeepers site looks remarkably like 'Angela' on the No Obligation site...
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Has he joined Guy Taylor in the afterlife? His last posting 9 months ago, not sure why he has blurred his face & changed the voice?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Isn't Ceylon the off camera voice?

I suspect he's in the YouTube sin bin. His OurTube channel is still operating. Last post yesterday.

https://ourtube.co.uk/channel/Ceylon