Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

He Who Knows wrote:Oh dear it seems the whole world is against her - the Judges, the Police, HCE Group, the barrister, the neighbour - even the homeless charity can't help her.
The way I interpret it is that Wrecka and her Landlord Peter McDowell have brought a case to the wrong court - Manchester County Court. They must have been asking to set aside the original High Court Judgement, but any changes to that must be heard in the Chancery Court, not a county court where the lower limit is £5,000 and upper limit is somewhere south of the £90k+ she owes.
Wrecka wrote: mr bird acknowledged that the original order for sale was VOID as the court had no jurisdiction and they should not have made it, but did not see the point of setting it aside, I told birdi about the fraud but he did not give a birdsh*t.
That is a possibility - they have gone to the wrong court. But if it is the case Rekha's quote can't be true. The judge would never pass an opinion on the the validity of a higher court's decision other than to uphold it and point out you need to go elsewhere than his court to change it.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It does seem to be a case where a proper transcript would be essential, but it seems the apparent US practice of publishing court transcripts is not often found in Britain, to the detriment of the common wheal.
How neatly the transcript of the Crawford's hearing explained all that had gone on.
There may be far more transcripts I am not aware of, of course, and if some UK expert could give guidance it would be appreciated.
The courts seem positively unhelpful. Regarding the recent Cornwall adventure by expertinFA, (The claim on the neighbour's land due to a missing 'a' in the address), I phoned Bodmin court and they'd not even tell me the outcome. Or even if there was one.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

As far as I'm aware actual transcripts from the recordings are not routinely made unless either ordered by the court for their own purposes, or paid for by someone.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

aesmith wrote:As far as I'm aware actual transcripts from the recordings are not routinely made unless either ordered by the court for their own purposes, or paid for by someone.
That's how it is here in British Columbia.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I also suspect, based on past track record, that what Wrekha claims the judge(s) said and what they actually said were only related in the context of the judge(s) having said something. Reliability, along with basic sanity, do not seem to be two of her hallmarks.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Is it possible this was an appeal? Can the Chancery court's ruling that voided Rekha's sham sale to the "landlord" be appealed under UK law?"
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

A Chancery Court judgement can be appealed to the civil court of appeal. Though being allowed an appeal is far from automatic.

The basics of the provedure are here - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/appeal-to-t ... l-division

Note there is a time limit of 21 days to lodge a request for leave to appeal, and you have to have a pretty good skeleton argument showing you’re a real possibility of winning or your case is particularly significant in some other way - e.g. deals with an important issue of national policy or raises a matter of significant general legal importance.

Unless you’re very clued up about the relevant law it’s pretty much essential to have competent representation because the other side almost certainly will. Also note the amount of money the court service nowadays requires from appellants is not insignificant, and if you lose and get the other side’s costs awarded against you...... ouch.
notorial dissent

I would say it is or was highly unlikely there is or would be an appeal. As I recall, Wrekha slunk, or was it stormed, I can't keep them straight anymore, out of of the Chancery hearing and went in to hiding so it is doubtful she did anything useful in that time. She certainly hasn't contacted a real, competent solicitor to take advice, she just doesn't do that, and after her previous escapades I doubt she could find one willing to put up with the drama, and lack of payment.

I have a feeling this was an effort by her magnum genius "Landlord" who "was amazing with the level of knowledge of the law " and was worth about what she paid for it. Filing the wrong thing in the wrong court and giving her something to have histrionics about.

Wrekha, the tragi-comedy that jsut keeps on giving.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

@TheSeventhString thanks for your answer. Money, competent representation, and a chance to succeed are three things Rekha Patel certainly lacks.
notorial dissent

TheNewSaint wrote:@TheSeventhString thanks for your answer. Money, competent representation, and a chance to succeed are three things Rekha Patel certainly lacks.
Let's also not forget sanity and an actual grounding in reality, both of which seem to be totally missing.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Seventh String wrote:A Chancery Court judgement can be appealed to the civil court of appeal. Though being allowed an appeal is far from automatic.
Whatever happened to "Review and Revisision", the technique that Tom Crawford used to void the judgement against (or was it for) him?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

notorial dissent wrote:I have a feeling this was an effort by her magnum genius "Landlord" who "was amazing with the level of knowledge of the law " and was worth about what she paid for it. Filing the wrong thing in the wrong court and giving her something to have histrionics about.
And although her 'Landlord' was appearing without any charge, the insurance company will have paid their lawyers several thousand pounds to prepare and appear, and those costs will now be deducted from Wrekha's remaining equity.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:I have a feeling this was an effort by her magnum genius "Landlord" who "was amazing with the level of knowledge of the law " and was worth about what she paid for it. Filing the wrong thing in the wrong court and giving her something to have histrionics about.
And although her 'Landlord' was appearing without any charge, the insurance company will have paid their lawyers several thousand pounds to prepare and appear, and those costs will now be deducted from Wrekha's remaining equity.
Doing a Crawford then, all she needs now is Vexatious Litigant status for a full Crawford ?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

There’s always that crack lawyer from Anlaby. What’s his name - Ken Thompson?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

I thought he was a (zero) award-winning independent filmmaker who single-handedly exposed the fraud of the British banks at an international venue. He's a crack lawyer as well?
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:I thought he was a (zero) award-winning independent filmmaker who single-handedly exposed the fraud of the British banks at an international venue. He's a crack lawyer as well?
Or just on crack.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

That thought did occur to me as I was typing, but I would never dare to slander a crack lawyer, whether it is crack as in "crack shot", "crackpot", or "crack cocaine".
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:I thought he was a (zero) award-winning independent filmmaker who single-handedly exposed the fraud of the British banks at an international venue. He's a crack lawyer as well?
As in 'Butt crack', known in England as 'builder's bum'
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Crackhead Ken’s talents know no bounds.

(Except law and film making clearly)
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
pgk70
Swabby
Swabby

Post by pgk70 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:And although her 'Landlord' was appearing without any charge, the insurance company will have paid their lawyers several thousand pounds to prepare and appear, and those costs will now be deducted from Wrekha's remaining equity.
Could be interesting, since Patel is insistent that the house is not hers it was sold on, then she'd have no standing to challenge it surely? So could this be "the landlord" challenging the court order? In that case any costs are potentially against him, I guess if he walked out before the end there might be a nice surprise coming along.

If only we knew more about what this court encounter was.