Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by AndyPandy »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm
He Who Knows wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 am Word on the street is that they'll be there until the house is sold due to the continued attempted break-ins by Ms Shoutypants and her gang of 9 who came last Week (Saturday) with a new door ready for her next squatting episode.
And she wasn't arrested?

If the reports are true, this situation is way past Princess Rekha needing to be barred from the property and/or thrown in jail. Even Tom Crawford wasn't this persistent.
She's gone way beyond reason now, obsessive / compulsive behaviour seems to be the order of the day.

I don't see this stopping once the house has been sold and I suspect the only thing that will finally stop her is a lengthy term of imprisonment, which (hopefully) will wake her up and make her see reason.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am still of the opinion that she will harass the new owners unless she is permanently stopped, which I expect will ultimately mean jail time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Being barred from the property was what finally got Tom Crawford to stop harassing the new owners at Fearn Chase. Why on earth hasnt Princess Rekha been similarly barred yet? That's the first step, and should have happened by now.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

TheNewSaint wrote: And she wasn't arrested?
The police did actually turn up but left shortly afterwards. My guess is they thought either the security guys were doing a good enough job without their involvement, or "it's Civil not Criminal, innit"
I think the Title Deeds, as they stand today, will give all the clues. Anyone able to access them?
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

It will wait until there is a new owner. As soon as the new owner is established then the law is going to be on their side and Rekha, associates and the odd rent-a-mob supporter who turn up will be dealt with, probably starting with Police bail following a public disorder or trespass charge.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:28 pm It will wait until there is a new owner.
Which is unfortunate. Because Rekha's current antics are preventing her many, many creditors from getting what they're owed from the sale of the house.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 pm Which is unfortunate. Because Rekha's current antics are preventing her many, many creditors from getting what they're owed from the sale of the house.
I'm surprised that attempts are still continuing to sell via a standard estate agent listing and waiting for offers; the 'modern auction' idea seems to have fallen by the wayside. At some stage, you'd think that it will go to auction; sooner rather than later.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Which is unfortunate. Because Rekha's current antics are preventing her many, many creditors from getting what they're owed from the sale of the house.
There is always attachment of earnings :haha: (assuming she'll ever work again)
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Presumably all this time the costs are clocking up, and the likely sale price of the property going down - at what point will the creditors take some further action? If the award was originally £90K then there must be a chance by now that the current asking price of £135K won't cover their current costs.
longdog

Post by longdog »

aesmith wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 pm Presumably all this time the costs are clocking up, and the likely sale price of the property going down - at what point will the creditors take some further action? If the award was originally £90K then there must be a chance by now that the current asking price of £135K won't cover their current costs.
I don't think there's much the creditors can do with regard to the property but carry on regardless (a much underrated film IMHO) and get the best price they can under the circumstances. Of course if the sale price of the property doesn't cover the outstanding costs they can either bankrupt RP or, more amusingly, continue to hound her for the rest of her life until the debt's settled.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle

aesmith wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 pm Presumably all this time the costs are clocking up, and the likely sale price of the property going down - at what point will the creditors take some further action? If the award was originally £90K then there must be a chance by now that the current asking price of £135K won't cover their current costs.
What can they do though? The place is up for sale with an estate agent. Short of going to court and asking to get the price reduced further or go to auction, so that it is more likely to sell, which may reduce the amount any plaintiff would get, I can't see what they could do. I would have thought it might go for not much under £135k but maybe the situation is suppressing the price more than I thought it would.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

At the end of the day the house is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. And whoever buys it will doubtless need to get some work done to correct the things Ms Patel did that kicked everything off in the first place. Which is bound to have an effect on the price in the same way her antics will.

Let’s face it, “we suggest that the purchaser might wish to pursue an injunction against the previous occupant/owner to keep her and her mates away” is hardly an enticing sales pitch....

Maybe it’s a matter of the plaintiff waiting for the excitement to die down before accepting an offer. If the excitement ever does die down, that is.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 pm What can they do though? The place is up for sale with an estate agent. Short of going to court and asking to get the price reduced further or go to auction, so that it is more likely to sell, which may reduce the amount any plaintiff would get, I can't see what they could do.
Ask a court for an order banning Princess Rekha, and possibly a couple of her friends, from going to the property. And prosecute the psycho bitch for trespassing when she shows up. Somebody's paying for this 24-hour security, so clearly somebody has the legal right to act on behalf of the forefeited property. I dont know UK law, but that seems like something that could be done.
longdog

Post by longdog »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:47 am Ask a court for an order banning Princess Rekha, and possibly a couple of her friends, from going to the property.
That would run the risk of RP fighting the order and trying to re-hash and re-litigate the whole thing running up further legal costs. I can see why they would be reluctant to go down that road.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

longdog wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:53 am That would run the risk of RP fighting the order and trying to re-hash and re-litigate the whole thing running up further legal costs.
I see no greater threat to re-litigation, and added cost, than already exists in the form of the security guards. Unless banning orders are disproportionately difficult to get in the UK, it seems a small step that could have a great benefit. A similar order is what finally got Tom Crawford to leave Fearn Chase alone.

There's also the long term to think about. If Princess Rekha can squat, slander, and commit real estate fraud with impunity, other evictees will be tempted to try the same.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Maybe the problem is that she's being turned away too easily so the police etc don't see it as serious misbehaviour.
ArthurWankspittle

It's also not hitting her directly in the pocket. All these costs are coming out of some future sale of some equity. It's not like she has a deduction out of her wages to cover the 24/7 security.
ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:06 pm I see no greater threat to re-litigation, and added cost, than already exists in the form of the security guards. Unless banning orders are disproportionately difficult to get in the UK, it seems a small step that could have a great benefit. A similar order is what finally got Tom Crawford to leave Fearn Chase alone.
As aesmith said, it's currently not a big problem. She turns up and runs off when she sees the security. If that's all she does, why bother with extra court costs which may cut into your share of the equity pay out, especially if this ends up in bankruptcy where everyone ends up with pennies in the pound. Just hang in there and hope it sells soon.
If Rekha and co actually do get in the property then it is a criminal issue anyway, which would likely get Rekha out of the picture one way or another and get the estate agent 6-9 months (at least) to sell the place.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:12 pmAs aesmith said, it's currently not a big problem. She turns up and runs off when she sees the security. If that's all she does, why bother with extra court costs which may cut into your share of the equity pay out, especially if this ends up in bankruptcy where everyone ends up with pennies in the pound. Just hang in there and hope it sells soon.
That's plausible. I would argue that Rekha's actions might depress the sale price enough to make the extra cost worth it. But I'm sure the estate agent knows the math better than I do.

Another factor: they may not want to give Rekha a fresh sob story for the media.
ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:52 pm Another factor: they may not want to give Rekha a fresh sob story for the media.
Or publicise the possibility that this "quaint cottage" has an additional unusual extra.