Sovrun Paraleguls

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

daveBeeston
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sovrun Paraleguls

Post by daveBeeston »

I'm not condoning his actions towards the TV licencing agent but I can understand the frustration people have when dealing with them, i've lived at my current property for over 10 years and i get a letter several times a year from them saying I'm unlicensed (I'm not I pay in full by direct debit), this leads to a phone call where I politely ask them to amend their records to show that I have a licence and that the old address(the new address is a slightly different name) they have for the property ceased with the new development that took place 20 years ago (I've even provided proof to them).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I despise TVL even more than I despise television itself (which I think is 99.9% moronic drivel for the distraction of cretins) but I can't be bothered arguing with them. Letters go in the bin and 'enforcement' officers get a "fuck off!" and a door shut in their face. If they want to waste time and money on me I'm happy to let them.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Another massive win abject failure on the Sovrun Paraleguls Facebook Page.

The one sensible comment gets shot down in flames.

There's a video too in which our intrepid hero explains to the bemused copper that, because of the magic language of the Footler, he is free to travel in his own personal conveyance. That is, until the police decide he's not anymore. I've no idea how to download videos from FB though, so you'll just have to imagine the inanity.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Man that takes me back, all the way to the decade when I was still in my fifties! Joinder, commercial gain, under oath, fee schedules, not a person and don't consent. All the golden oldies tried here from the 1990s until the last few years. David Kevin Lindsay's right to travel! An absolute classic. And your fools are just discovering it. Doesn't say much for their initiative, or, given how well it succeeded here, their sense. At least your idiots haven't gotten around to calling their cars ecclesiastic pursuit chariots yet.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11570&p=254545#p254545

If you want to link to a Youtube video just copy the link above the video and paste it on your posting. First put your mouse where you want the link to show and then click on the URL button above. Then paste the link between the two symbol sets.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

It's a Facebook video, available only to members of the Sovrun Paraleguls FB Group, so I don't think that'd work, but thanks anyway, Burnaby.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The video is on facebook. Linking to the FB page would probably do the trick.
I thought this classic had died out. I suspect the cars may have been cheaper than the cost of insurance and the point will be moot as the chap will be disqualified under the totting up procedure when he gets 2 driving without insurance convictions at 6 points each (plus a couple of £200 fines, plus he'd actually have a problem getting insurance when the ban runs out.)

It is possible to drive without normal insurance, with an insurance bond. BUT, you have to deposit a shed load of money to fund your bond, possibly half a million quid in real money, Were cheques not accepted. I may be a bit out of date on the details of this, it's been ages since I took any interest. Saudi princes are the typical takers for this type of arrangement. Really stupid Vauxhall Astra drivers do not fit the demographic.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

There are video download programs that will grab and record anything you can download yourself.
I have one called 4 K Video downloader that is freeware. I have had it for a while with no ill effects but with all this stuff you take your chances.
Once you have it you can put it on You Tube or upload it elsewhere. A You Tube user called Doazic would no doubt like it for his 'Sov-cits failure' collections.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've used 4 K Video downloader for a while. Works fine as far as actual downloading is concerned but for some reason it refuses to download a significant percentage of videos. When that happens I use a program called ClipGrab.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:I thought this classic had died out. I suspect the cars may have been cheaper than the cost of insurance and the point will be moot as the chap will be disqualified under the totting up procedure when he gets 2 driving without insurance convictions at 6 points each (plus a couple of £200 fines, plus he'd actually have a problem getting insurance when the ban runs out.)
He'll also have the further problem that half the local cops will know him as "that idiot who is always driving without insurance" and get stopped again as soon as he gets another car.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Good grief, so many sovcit myths packed into one paragraph. Let's switch to action replay and catch the highlights -

No, they didn't "steal" your car. They seized it lawfully, because you are an uninsured scumbag driver.
No, they didn't misuse their lights and sirens. This was a conventional traffic stop.
No, the officer did not breach the Road Traffic Act by opening the door and seizing the car keys.
No, they were not mistaken to regard you as a "driver" and your car as a "vehicle".
No, the US sovcit myth of "traveling unless commercial" BS won't work in UK either
No, a constable does not need your consent or "joinder" to carry out his duties
No, you cannot repudiate being a person. It's a fact, not an opinion.
No, your consent is not required to enforce laws upon you or to send you to jail.
No, your Fee Schedule foisted contract is not valid or effective.

That's at least 9 items of pure facebook-lawyering, a remarkable hit rate. Tips for next time - remember to demand their supervisor, claim to be an Article 6 free inhabitant and/or subject to diplomatic immunity, and threaten to shoot the police.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

threaten to shoot the police.
I thought that was frowned upon in the U.K.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Indeed it is. The approved English FMOTL threat is to hang, draw and quarter the constable for High Treason. Possibly after a trial in a People’s Common Law Court, though that part’s entirely optional.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

The Seventh String wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:
Indeed it is. The approved English FMOTL threat is to hang, draw and quarter the constable for High Treason. Possibly after a trial in a People’s Common Law Court, though that part’s entirely optional.
I thought it was to just say "Stop" and if that failed to work, say "Stop" again in this vein: https://youtu.be/79FlCbEFoB4?t=51s
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Why do they keep ignoring the tried and true old ways, the Halifax gibbet?

mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

As the Muppet Show is no longer on TV, I have to rely on idiots like this, posting in the Sovrun Paralegals Facebook Group, for my Saturday morning entertainment. After dismissing his own case, our lad is surprised to find he's been fined in his absence. The court is showing him far more leeway than it needs in relisting the matter for a new hearing. JamRoxx will attend, on condition his demands are met, relying in part on the 16th Edition of the Chicago Styles Manual, which I'm not sure applies in South Wales. I think we can all predict how this will end, and not in the way JamRoxx is anticipating.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It's already all over and JamRoxx Mathhews has won. Note PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL at the top. All in upper case. That's the dog latin he noted in his Notice of Conditional Acceptance. So they've already violated his unilateral agreement and he doesn't have to attend.

morrand

Post by morrand »

mufc1959 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:45 amJamRoxx will attend, on condition his demands are met, relying in part on the 16th Edition of the Chicago Styles Manual, which I'm not sure applies in South Wales.
That would, I guess, be the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th ed. A handy reference, sure (and the Chicago Q&A is often a hoot, for people who are into that sort of thing), but I don't recall hearing about it being binding precedent in the Cwmbran Court. Nor do I remember reading anything about Dog Latin in it, although my desk copy is the 15th edition, so maybe that's a later update. Checking the online version of the 16th edition, I see that section 11.147 is titled, "Glosses in ASL [American Sign Language]," which seems like an awfully strange place to discuss Dog Latin, unless the dogs in question are deaf and bilingual.

Or, Josef:Matthews is pulling a snow job on the court and hoping they won't bother to check. He's probably right about that, though for a different reason.
---
Morrand
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Well it’s entirely up to him.

He can either attend court and put his case or he can not attend court, not challenge the guilty verdict and pay the fine or expect to be pursued for non-payment.

Non-payment of fines being an offence in its own right which can carry a custodial sentence.

It all depends on how much deeper he wants to dig the hole he’s possibly being offered a chance to get out of.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Isn't the operative phrase, "the deeper the better"?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

A newby to the Sovrun Paraleguls Facebook Group will soon be in the money!

What could possibly go wrong? Oh, that's right, the bank's realised you're a thieving scammer.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the bank gives her notice to close her account.