Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by Chaos »

TheNewSaint wrote:Here's another YA I NO production that never completed, or even started: The TV show Skooter World. It has a dedicated page at the yaino website, which is festooned with images and videos not of the actual show. The Facebook page, and a dedicated website, both end abruptly in 2014, right after announcing two female presenters.

For a production company, this guy doesn't produce much.
Chaos wrote: the title could use an adjustment.........film-faker to the SovCits. let's face it.......he's not making any films.

:whistle:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

The real question here is how many other failed Canadian sovcits have been smuggled into UK during Burnaby's frequent "pub tours"? Someone needs to have a close look at that huge wheeled suitcase he brings over.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:The real question here is how many other failed Canadian sovcits have been smuggled into UK during Burnaby's frequent "pub tours"? Someone needs to have a close look at that huge wheeled suitcase he brings over.
It's full of my emergency suppy of Callister's Hastings Sunrise Wheat Ale and Blackburn Bitter.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Hercule Parrot wrote:The real question here is how many other failed Canadian sovcits have been smuggled into UK during Burnaby's frequent "pub tours"? Someone needs to have a close look at that huge wheeled suitcase he brings over.
It's full of my emergency suppy of Callister's Hastings Sunrise Wheat Ale and Blackburn Bitter.
Pffft....it's a keg of Molson Light :Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Gregg wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
Pffft....it's a keg of Molson Light :Axe:
Busted! Damn you Gregg! You've figured out how I finance my beer-guzzling trips. Smuggling foul Canadian semi-alcoholic swill into the UK for this establishment;

https://www.coventgarden.london/pubs/maple-leaf-bar
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Ha! Burnaby's rumbled! He even admits how familiar he is with Ken Thompson's home town near Hull! Well spotted Brit Quatloosians! :snicker:
I'm forced to correct your slanderous comment about Thompson. He is not, as you state, a "lone idiot in Hull". That is completely wrong. He's a lone idiot in Analaby, an adjacent but separate municipality. I know Anlaby well because I had an aunt who lived there and we visited frequently until she moved to Hessle.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

What can I say, I can't deny my heritage. My mother was born and raised in Hull. I was born in Victoria British Columbia and return there frequently but I've probably spent significantly more time in Hull and Hessle than I have in Victoria.

I made one Yorkshireman happy during one of my British Beer Binges because of my Hull knowledge. I was in the Oxford Bar in Edinburgh;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oxford_Bar

and was telling a younger guy beside me about our various pubbing highlights. He somewhat sadly said that I wouldn't have been to his home town of Hull because it was the middle of nowhere and nobody went there. I corrected him by reciting the names of a dozen or two Hull pubs I'd been to and told him I'd spent more time in Hull than any other place in Britain. He seemed cheered up that at least one tourist thought it worth a visit.

He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Ken Thompson, film-maker to the FMOTL has been called out by Jake on the Ya I No Productions FB site :haha: :
YA I NO Productions: I have just Recived an interesting phone call from Glossop police Re: the situation and Patel cottage. Apparently I kindly asked the instigator of the fraud and deception in a letter if she would like to take part in my documentary ??? . Police said they have been contacted and she declines my offer why call the police. Even they said it was well written and polite. Lol what does that tell us

Jake Abbott: Very much doubt the police said it was "well written and polite" ...more like "threatening, defamatory and harassment". Get real Ken...and whilst we're on the subject of fraud, why was Ya I No Productions Ltd compulsarily struck off Companies House last month?
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Enough said..
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Comic Sans MS. :-) The font, I mean, really...Image
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wakeman52 wrote:Comic Sans MS. :-) The font, I mean, really...Image
My comment exactly on a recent posting I did about a Canadian convicted of income tax evasion;
Woody is now 72, divorced, owes a massive debt to the CRA, and has a criminal conviction for tax evasion which will almost certainly mean the end of his days as a lawyer. So I think he might be having some difficulty adhering to the philosophy he espouses at the end of his bio;

Woody says "I try to enjoy life everyday and to get out of bed with a smile on my face."
But, then again, I can't sympathize too much with someone who publishes an online bio using Comic Sans for his font.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11493

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Wakeman52 wrote:Comic Sans MS. :-) The font, I mean, really...Image
Near enough to make no difference, because the style is still so amateur...
Below is Comic Sans at top, then a screenshot of The Great Auteur's text, and (Bold) Bradley Hand ITC below.

"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

You're both right. The body of the letter to Rekha's neighbor is Bradley Hand ITC or very similar. The footer is definitely Comic Sans, and other documents in this thread (such as "Patel Family Trust") use it extensively.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Why so much hate for comic sans? Personally i like it. Not as much as i like arial, but it's not bad.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:Why so much hate for comic sans? Personally i like it. Not as much as i like arial, but it's not bad.
Simple. I want clarity in fonts. I do a lot of reading and I want the easiest font to comprehend without having to work at reading it. I don't want the font to get between me and the words. The ideal font should be essentially invisible, clear, no embellishments (I'm looking at you Times New Roman), one you don't even notice. The words are important, not the symbols representing them. Arial fits all of these criteria, Comic Sans fails them all except embellishment (it's also san serif). It's a goofy font that disrupts reading and is too casual for anything but a kids birthday party invitation along with some clipart balloons. I was once given a professional paper done in Comic Sans and I didn't bother to try and read it. The author obviously had no judgment. As Wikipedia says;
The Boston Phoenix reported on disgruntlement over the widespread use of the font, especially its incongruous use for writing on serious subjects, with the complaints urged on by a campaign started by two Indianapolis graphic designers, Dave and Holly Combs, via their website "Ban Comic Sans".[21] The movement was conceived in 1999 by the two designers after an employer insisted that one of them use Comic Sans in a children's museum exhibit,[4] and in early 2009, the movement was "stronger now than ever".[4] The web site's main argument is that a typeface should match the tone of its text and that the irreverence of Comic Sans is often at odds with a serious message, such as a "do not enter" sign.[22]

In the 2005 session of the youth model parliament in Ontario, the New Democratic Party included the clause "Ban the font known as Comic Sans" in an omnibus ban bill.[23]

Comic book artist Dave Gibbons, whose work was one of the inspirations for the font, said that it was "a shame they couldn't have used just the original font, because [Comic Sans] is a real mess. I think it's a particularly ugly letter form."[24]

Film producer and New York Times essayist Errol Morris wrote in an August 2012 posting, "The conscious awareness of Comic Sans promotes — at least among some people — contempt and summary dismissal." With the help of a professor, he conducted an online experiment and found that Comic Sans, in comparison with five other fonts (Baskerville, Helvetica, Georgia, Trebuchet MS, and Computer Modern), makes readers slightly less likely to believe that a statement they are reading is true.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_sans#Opposition

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

How bizarre. I find it quite easy to read and, despite its name, neutral in tone.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The man who introduced me to Achewood was a fellow Casey Haterz and sadly no longer with us.

"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Burnaby49 wrote: Simple. I want clarity in fonts. I do a lot of reading and I want the easiest font to comprehend without having to work at reading it.
Try holding the book with both hands instead of having it in one hand and a beer can in the other.
Hope that helps.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Jeez you guys, talk about wandering off the point of Ken Thompson Film-maker to the SovCits with your epic stories of Comic Sans. He used Bradley Hand ITC :)
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Presentation matters. It affects how people receive your message. To illustrate this point - and return somewhat on topic - let's look at one of Mr. Thompson's creations above:

Even if you didn't know anything about the sovereign citizen movement, would you take this document seriously? If you paid Ken Thompson to produce this (and somebody did), would you be satisfied? It looks like a church flyer someone knocked up in 1996 on the fancy new bubble jet printer.

The random mish-mash of fonts, atrocious grammar, pukey colors, and overall Microsoft Paint appearance undermine the message the document wishes to convey (which itself is undone by unclear verbiage).This document purports to establish a "family trust" to protect one's property, but what it really says is "the creator of this document is incompetent." And it was made by a man who fancies himself a video director. A field where communication and design are essential, and more challenging to get right.

Comic Sans is so maligned that it should not be used for any reason. Fairly or not, it attracts "Clippy" levels of hatred from the general public. Its mere presence is enough to detract from whatever you're trying to say with it. It's also become outdated and inferior over the years. Though Comic Sans is the least of this guy's crimes against good taste.