Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Ken Thompson - Film-maker to the SovCits

Post by JimUk1 »

I wonder how many of Ken’s productions featured on “You’ve been framed”?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm I wonder how many of Ken’s productions featured on “You’ve been framed”?

The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

TheHallouminati wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am Fail
Is that serious? MS Comic Sans, some dreadful 1970's bitmapped thing for the main text, no question mark, "they have been or is a victim"? There's amateurish, and there's taking the piss.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Tevildo wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:10 pm Is that serious? MS Comic Sans, some dreadful 1970's bitmapped thing for the main text, no question mark, "they have been or is a victim"? There's amateurish, and there's taking the piss.
Yep, he's serious. That is unmistakably Mr. Thompson's design style. If anything, it's an improvement; usually his color scheme is a lot worse. Look upthread for more examples.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

So, he is looking for people who "Feel" like they have been aggrieved by the legal system so that he may explain why he believes they have actually been deceived by the Government or legal process.

In other words, he is looking for people who lost a legal fight they believe they should have won, and are looking to blame someone other than themselves for this loss. Ken is willing to show up, and explain why he thinks they should not have lost, and that only did so, because the government is corrupt. It doesn't seem to matter what their legal issue is, or why they lost, because it must be due to government deceit.

It is a stupid premise and unprovable the way he is going about it. That and the title is gibberish, as all laws are legal, unless overturned via a legal process defined by law. So in reality, how long can a documentary be when the easy answer to the silly title is "Yes." Seems like a Quick movie to me, in fact here it is...

The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I’m sure there is a percentage of people (and I’d say between 1-2 % based on perception) who really have experience a miscarriage of justice for whatever reason, compared to a large ratio of people who haven’t experienced miscarriage of justice simply because they think they know better.

I’d place people like Tom Crawford & Kenny in the think they have category.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NYGman wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:00 pm In other words, he is looking for people who lost a legal fight they believe they should have won, and are looking to blame someone other than themselves for this loss. ...
Well, that's easy. All he has to do is follow behind someone like the ExpertInFuckAll, there'll be enough bitter delusional losers for a 13 week season of shows.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Personally, i like comic sans, but i agree on the rest ofthe critique.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Well, it would help if he actually had some kind of track record of anything other than empty words, broken promises and bluster. His UK production company has been dissolved; its website consists of a mass of borrowed images, faked staff pictures, suspect email addresses (Endemol, for example, is mentioned as a contact in the 'Policy' section) and badly formatted pages. It has GoDaddy as a host; there are free web design tools available that he doesn't seem to have used. The Canadian version (http://www.yainotv.ca) looks abandoned, like most everything he's touched.

To put it succinctly; he's a failure. Why anyone with problems would take him seriously as someone who could provide assistance, let alone answers, remains one of life's mysteries.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

He’s so cheap he’s just using Ceylons old junk-

https://www.yainoproductions.com/yorkshire-water/

And is he trying to pass this off as his own work?

https://www.yainoproductions.com/your-strawman/

I’m up in Anlaby November time for a drink, I wonder if I might spy Hull’s finest?
D-C
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by D-C »

It looks like YA I NO Productions Ltd has been struck off

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08886594
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

And I just love the name "YA I NO." It's condescending and stupid in just five letters. It really captures the attitude of a know-nothing know-it-all like Thompson. I bet "YA I NO" is his answer to everything. And it immediately suggests a company you don't want to do business with. Would you take your car to be serviced at "YA I NO TRANSMISSIONS"? He's got his branding right, I'll give him that.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

Ken thinks he's a modern day William Wilberforce. He and girlfriend Sylvia are on a crusade to stop modern slavery. Last week Liverpool, next stop London...
Ken wrote:
So today I drove 140 miles to Liverpool to ask questions about the probation service using FREE labour and selling it out to local councils. I decided to do this as all the phone numbers are a SKYPE numbers. There has been days I have waited 90+ minutes just to get connected.

The attitude of the two female plantation operatives was very clear from the start, they are well groomed in the art of modern slavery. To the point I am sure she called me "CUNTA KINTE" and poor Sylv who came along as a witness was KIZZY

once I got into questions about the £400 million of tax payers money the government gave to the 5 private probation Ltd companies to help keep a float ? that was it OMG Sylv and I was on a next "Guineamen" boat out of Liverpool.

I did get one up I had two calls from head office in London after contacting the CEO of Interserve Debbie White. looks like a trip to London comming on to see the head of slave operations.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

A good way to avoid such slavery is not to be sentenced to community service for some crime.

Don Quixote rides again, tilting at windmills.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:05 am A good way to avoid such slavery is not to be sentenced to community service for some crime.

He's a berk. The most in monetary value you can be sentenced to in Community Payback is £2,349 (300 hours). This is in lieu of a custodial sentence or a fine. A magistrates court can fine up to £5,000. And unlike a fine, which would have to be paid from wages leaving you with next to nothing, you can still claim Universal Credit. If you think it is slavery, you have the "right" to not turn up and be sentenced to a custodial sentence.

I'm all for regulation of the work so that it does provide genuine community benefit, but I guess this muppet is demanding more people are locked up.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Walter Mitty more like; an ineffectual dreamer.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:50 am I guess this muppet is demanding more people are locked up.
That would imply some sort of joined up thinking.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:05 am A good way to avoid such slavery is not to be sentenced to community service for some crime.

In the alternative, we could go back to using imprisonment, torture, amputations and executions as punishment for small crimes. If nothing else, cutting out their tongues and then their fingers would shut them up.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

skype is that big over there? that is so 2000s here in the US and was mostly used by scammers anyway.
D-C
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by D-C »

Chaos wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 pm skype is that big over there? that is so 2000s here in the US and was mostly used by scammers anyway.
A few companies use Skype for Business as their phone system as there is no hardware cost.