Disinformation spreaders

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Disinformation spreaders

Post by arayder »

longdog wrote:. . .Spend as much time as it takes to improve your English skills to an acceptable level for a blog/forum which purports to offer legal advice, even if the advice is only "Don't listen to these maniacs". As I said before, we all make mistakes, but there's nothing more off-putting than somebody who clearly isn't even trying.
My emphasis.

Well said.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

There are quite a few books that I didn't need to read the whole thing to know it was crap.

Yours comes to mind.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

And judging by the wiki link i take it most of you are in fact legal professionals. My answers are more convincing than yours, you are simply looking at me as a threat to your forum that has had 532 members since the beginning and thats 14 years. It is not difficult to understand why is it.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Gregg wrote:There are quite a few books that I didn't need to read the whole thing to know it was crap.

Yours comes to mind.
Whers your book?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

I'd advise you to call this effort a strike out and start again.

Get a new user name. "ceylon2" raises suspicion.

Get a new forum or blog. Or at least rework the one you have.

Add some good, up front, content the new reader can get hooked on right away.

When you visit other forums/sites try to be humble, at first.

Grow thicker skin.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote:And judging by the wiki link i take it most of you are in fact legal professionals. My answers are more convincing than yours, you are simply looking at me as a threat to your forum that has had 532 members since the beginning and thats 14 years. It is not difficult to understand why is it.
Yes, we tremble before your greatness.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Maybe after a little time the admins will see and understand why after 14+ years there is only 718 members, could it be that there are some fmotl undercover joined lol
Attacking me like you do really sounds like defendants of the real ceylon
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:I'd advise you to call this effort a strike out and start again.

Get a new user name. "ceylon2" raises suspicion.

Get a new forum or blog. Or at least rework the one you have.

Add some good, up front, content the new reader can get hooked on right away.

When you visit other forums/sites try to be humble, at first.

Grow thicker skin.
Your advice is worthless in this situation
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

. . .and another thing. . .your book and its presentation at Amazon infers you are the same John Green who has published several novels, some best sellers.

I doubt you are that John Green, so you might want to clean that mess up before his publishers bust you a new one.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:. . .and another thing. . .your book and its presentation at Amazon infers you are the same John Green who has published several novels, some best sellers.

I doubt you are that John Green, so you might want to clean that mess up before his publishers bust you a new one.
hahahaha must of infringed copyright eh
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote:
arayder wrote:. . .and another thing. . .your book and its presentation at Amazon infers you are the same John Green who has published several novels, some best sellers.

Are you that John Green? Or a different John Green?
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:
Similar to an empty office you mean haha
It's not critism it's pur rudeness and attacked the moment i posted, so not even a thought before hand.
I would hardly call it being attacked but even if you were being attacked you dealt with it very badly. As I said above... You need to learn to handle criticism. Even if you feel criticism is entirely unwarranted you do yourself no favours by throwing your toys out of the pram.

And the book comments before even reading the whole thing. Judge a book by it's cover, not you
One of the joys of Amazon is that you usually get a chance to read the beginning of a book and that's what I did for your magnificent octopus. I've not judged the book by the cover (which is bloody awful by the way) and I'm not impressed.

I've asked repeatedly that you be honest about the book and whether or not chapter 6, which runs to almost 300 pages and 90% of the whole book, is a verbatim reproduction of the judgement in Meads vs Meads. Would you like to confirm or deny this now or do you intend avoid the question forever?

By the way... Your 'Table of contents' goes..

How can you have possibly missed that?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

It's a large chapter hahaha duh
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:

Are you that John Green? Or a different John Green?
You clicked on the name link and fell for it. Or are you saying I am breaking copyright laws? Anything to do with birth certificates by the way? Think we have a fmotl here admin, told ya
TheCoz
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by TheCoz »

Delusions of grandeur.
Cant take criticism.
Copying + pasting content with a few added sentences and trying to sell it.
Trying to set up a forum to advertise said book.
Attacking anyone who disagrees.

This stinks of a 13 - 18 year old following a "guide" to make a few £ from a blackhat forum. Find your niche, copy + paste info, sell on amazon, ????, profit.
longdog

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:And judging by the wiki link i take it most of you are in fact legal professionals.
Certainly not on the UK part of the forum. I'm a service engineer and part time HGV driver by trade with occasional forays into the building trade.

My answers are more convincing than yours, you are simply looking at me as a threat to your forum that has had 532 members since the beginning and thats 14 years. It is not difficult to understand why is it.
Which answers might they be?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
longdog

Post by longdog »

There's no rule stopping anybody publishing under their own name or their choice of pen-name unless it's clearly being done with intent to deceive. If your name is Stephen King and you write a horror book you are quite at liberty to sell it as "Stephen King's Attack of the Killer Hamsters" if you like. It's only when you add "From the author of Salem's Lot" you're in trouble.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

longdog wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:And judging by the wiki link i take it most of you are in fact legal professionals.
Certainly not on the UK part of the forum. I'm a service engineer and part time HGV driver by trade with occasional forays into the building trade.

My answers are more convincing than yours, you are simply looking at me as a threat to your forum that has had 532 members since the beginning and thats 14 years. It is not difficult to understand why is it.
Which answers might they be?
You must good at service engineering then
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote: hahahaha must of infringed copyright eh
arayder wrote:Are you that John Green? Or a different John Green?
ceylon2 wrote:You clicked on the name link and fell for it. . .
longdog wrote: There's no rule stopping anybody publishing under their own name or their choice of pen-name unless it's clearly being done with intent to deceive. If your name is Stephen King and you write a horror book you are quite at liberty to sell it as "Stephen King's Attack of the Killer Hamsters" if you like. It's only when you add "From the author of Salem's Lot" you're in trouble.
I "fell for it"? Careful, sonny, you are coming close to admitting a planned deception.
Last edited by arayder on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:
ceylon2 wrote: hahahaha must of infringed copyright eh
arayder wrote:Are you that John Green? Or a different John Green?
ceylon2 wrote:You clicked on the name link and fell for it. . .
I "fell for it"? Careful, sonny, you are coming close to admitting a planned deception.
Don't accuse or insinuate brightboy, prove it

DID YOU KNOW DECEPTION IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE IF YOU CAN PROVE IT? WELL COME ON
Last edited by ceylon2 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.