Lock the thread, please.
Nah... Let it run... Pour encourager les autres
Screaming for help longdog
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Re: Disinformation spreaders

Post by ceylon2 »

Let's put ego's to the side for a moment and go back to the 1st post of this thread. Where exactly did the problem begin?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote:Let's put ego's to the side for a moment and go back to the 1st post of this thread. Where exactly did the problem begin?
You asked for help. What help do you want?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:Let's put ego's to the side for a moment and go back to the 1st post of this thread. Where exactly did the problem begin?
To run the forum as moderators, this was the help i was referring to. But that soon changed. In other words I was looking for trust worthy individuals to join, share in an attempt to target the vulnerable out there.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote:
arayder wrote:
To run the forum as moderators, this was the help i was referring to. But that soon changed
So you wanted mods. Do you still want/need them?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:
arayder wrote:
To run the forum as moderators, this was the help i was referring to. But that soon changed
So you wanted mods. Do you still want/need them?
The members here have put me right off the idea to be honest
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Anything else you want?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:Anything else you want?
Not from you thanks, most of your post count is from my thread lol
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:
longdog wrote:
arayder wrote:Okay, that's it!

Lock the thread, please.
Nah... Let it run... Pour encourager les autres
Screaming for help longdog
Trying to have a conversation with you is like trying to have a conversation with one of those AI bots from 1998. Your responses have nothing to do with anything that makes any sense.

The forum doesn't have any posts except yours. What would you need moderators for? There's nothing to moderate.

My interpretation of your presence here is that you created a forum but had no way to actually populate the forum with users so you sort of hoped you could gain members from the existing Quatloos members. If you'd had something to offer you might have succeeded but sadly you didn't. Nobody is interested in a forum consisting of nothing but one man talking to himself.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote:
So what can the others here do for you?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:
So what can the others here do for you?
That has nothing to do with you. I refer you to my last post above,
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Mostly help with getting my forum started what great place to introduce it here with members that share the same idea (in regards to the cranks)

I have to start somewhere right?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

A little plain speaking wouldn't hurt your cause, ceylon2. I suspect your inability to get help and guidance arrises from your lack of candor.

Mods and mentors on the web usually end up with fairly close relationships with those they help.I don't think anybody wants to engage with you because of your evasive, troll like behavior.
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

arayder wrote:A little plain speaking wouldn't hurt your cause, ceylon2. I suspect your inability to get help and guidance arrises from your lack of candor.

Mods and mentors on the web usually end up with fairly close relationships with those they help.I don't think anybody wants to engage with you because of your evasive, troll like behaviour.
Back your accusations up. Do you need a little time to work it out?
I corrected the word behaviour for you, I get that too you know and members sometime jump to let me know
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Our users have posted a total of 339 articles
We have 186 registered users
The newest registered user is Dammet

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 9 on Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:18 pm
Registered Users: None

Total posts 183060 • Total topics 7289 • Total members 718 • Our newest member BoomerSooner17

Was hoping to get same result as yours in 1 year not 14
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

Apologise for setting up same business next door, wouldn't look if they came running to mine would it lol
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

ceylon2 wrote:
arayder wrote:A little plain speaking wouldn't hurt your cause, ceylon2. I suspect your inability to get help and guidance arrises from your lack of candor.

Mods and mentors on the web usually end up with fairly close relationships with those they help.I don't think anybody wants to engage with you because of your evasive, troll like behaviour.
Back your accusations up. Do you need a little time to work it out?
I corrected the word behaviour for you, I get that too you know and members sometime jump to let me know
That sort of behavior is exactly why can't get help and why nobody here wants to join in at your forum.
Last edited by arayder on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
longdog

Post by longdog »

ceylon2 wrote:Mostly help with getting my forum started what great place to introduce it here with members that share the same idea (in regards to the cranks)

OK... I'll give you some constructive advice...

1. Give up the idea of a new forum because a forum without members has no content and a forum with no content isn't going to attract members. There's already an established forum dealing with the subjects that interest you... This one. According to a 2016 study at the Institute For Made Up Statistics 99.997% of all forums fail.

2. As you have limited original content but plenty of stuff from the interwebs you want to comment on I would suggest you create a blog rather than a forum. If you get enough people commenting on your prose as to make it worthwhile setting up a spin-off forum then go for it.

3. Spend as much time as it takes to improve your English skills to an acceptable level for a blog/forum which purports to offer legal advice, even if the advice is only "Don't listen to these maniacs". As I said before, we all make mistakes, but there's nothing more off-putting than somebody who clearly isn't even trying.

4. Learn to deal with criticism as you clearly struggle with this aspect of the interwebs.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ceylon2
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by ceylon2 »

longdog wrote:
ceylon2 wrote:Mostly help with getting my forum started what great place to introduce it here with members that share the same idea (in regards to the cranks)

OK... I'll give you some constructive advice...

1. Give up the idea of a new forum because a forum without members has no content and a forum with no content isn't going to attract members. There's already an established forum dealing with the subjects that interest you... This one. According to a 2016 study at the Institute For Made Up Statistics 99.997% of all forums fail.

2. As you have limited original content but plenty of stuff from the interwebs you want to comment on I would suggest you create a blog rather than a forum. If you get enough people commenting on your prose as to make it worthwhile setting up a spin-off forum then go for it.

3. Spend as much time as it takes to improve your English skills to an acceptable level for a blog/forum which purports to offer legal advice, even if the advice is only "Don't listen to these maniacs". As I said before, we all make mistakes, but there's nothing more off-putting than somebody who clearly isn't even trying.

4. Learn to deal with criticism as you clearly struggle with this aspect of the interwebs.
Similar to an empty office you mean haha
It's not critism it's pur rudeness and attacked the moment i posted, so not even a thought before hand. And the book comments before even reading the whole thing. Judge a book by it's cover, not you