Inside The Curious World Of “Freemen”

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

The Seventh String
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Inside The Curious World Of “Freemen”

Post by The Seventh String »

Burnaby49 wrote:My favorite part is the Ollie Pinnock quote where he credits an article he read in a tabloid newspaper 16 years ago as the basis for constructing his world-view;
I’m not sure the Telegraph would appreciate being called a “tabloid”. It’s more of a conservative (in all senses of the word) broadsheet. In the UK “tabloid” means more papers like the Sun, Daily Star, Daily Express and Daily Mirror.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Seventh String wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:My favorite part is the Ollie Pinnock quote where he credits an article he read in a tabloid newspaper 16 years ago as the basis for constructing his world-view;
I’m not sure the Telegraph would appreciate being called a “tabloid”. It’s more of a conservative (in all senses of the word) broadsheet. In the UK “tabloid” means more papers like the Sun, Daily Star, Daily Express and Daily Mirror.
Not being familiar with British newspapers I went to Wikipedia and got this for The Telegraph;
Belfast Telegraph, Northern Ireland
Community Telegraph, Northern Ireland, published 2007–2013
Coventry Telegraph, England
Derby Telegraph, England
Greenock Telegraph, Scotland
Jewish Telegraph
Sheffield Telegraph, England
Telegraph & Argus, Bradford, England
The Daily Telegraph, daily broadsheet, The Telegraph online, founded 1855
The Sunday Telegraph, Sunday printed edition, founded 1961
Northamptonshire Evening Telegraph, England
Peterborough Evening Telegraph, Cambridgeshire, England
Evening Telegraph (Dundee), Scotland
Not having a clue which Telegraph the quote referred to I reverted to what I do know about British newspapers through my experiences of readers in pubs and in passing by newstands. They all seemed to be reading tabs like your Sun, Daily Star, Daily Express and Daily Mirror. So I went with that.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

It's this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

AndyPandy wrote:It's this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk
I assumed that after your comments. The Coventry Telegraph didn't seem to fit. I've been to Coventry.

And I've got a great Coventry story. Well, it happened in Coventry but it could have happened in any one of a dozen British towns whose historic core was bombed out or just redeveloped into a huge shopping centre so Canadian beer tourists walk around befuddled looking for pubs that no longer exist. We were looking for a well known pub called the White Friar but got totally off track somehow and ended up in a Moslem neighborhood which meant no pubs. Then a younger (late 20's) guy walked by. Studious looking type. Turned out to be a teacher in a local college. This was early evening and he was obviously walking home from work. So I stopped him and asked him the way to the White Friar. He perked tight up and said "follow me" and we must have walked twenty minutes before we got there.

So we invited him for a beer which he avidly accepted. Then he bought us a round. Then we bought a round. Then an acquaintance of his passed by (call him George) and seemed surprised to see him there but joined us. We got a table and one beer led to another. We played trivia night and got slaughtered although George was a killer at obscure television shows. Then a very attractive woman in her 20's walked by, dark, gypsy looking, seemed very surprised to see our new friend. She asked, in a hostile tone "What are you doing here?". He hastily explained that he was just helping two geriatric Canadians who wanted to find the pub and who pulled him in for a beer or two or five. Not how I remembered it but what the fuck did I care? We were clearly two geriatric Canadians sitting with him so we gave his story credibility. He asked her to join us and she hesitantly did. They started chatting, obviously had a history, and, after about 20 minutes he said that they were off to another pub, nice to have met us, safe journey goodbye.

Then George, a very friendly guy, filled in the backstory. Our new friend and the woman were once an item but had a big breakup. Like a divorced couple splitting the assets they'd agreed that the White Friar was her local and he wasn't allowed there. But he wanted her back. Then my boozing buddy and I offered him a golden opportunity to go back to the White Friar with a legitimate excuse and, in an instant while I was still enquiring where the pub was, he grabbed it. Once we'd served our purpose he callously discarded us like he was tossing away the pack after he'd taken out the last fag. He'd brilliantly played us as disposable props in a reprehensible attempt to bed some unsuspecting young woman. I had nothing but genuine admiration for his tactical brilliance.

I also have a Nottingham story I enjoyed then and now. We (same drinking buddy, we've been pubbing 50 years) were outside some Goth clothing/jewelry/whatever store. He went in to look for some jewelry for his wife and I waited outside. A guy in his early 30s with a bike walked up to me. Tattoos, piercings, shaved bald, black T-shirt. He very politely asked me if I'd just mind watching his bike for a few minutes. His girlfriend was in the store trying to 'nick' a few items and she'd been gone a while so he wanted to go in and check if she'd been arrested. And I looked like a guy he could trust to watch his bike. Like he was outside a local convenience going in to get some eggs and milk. In Nottingham terms he probably was. I said sure and he went in. Came back a few minutes later, thanked me, and said everything was ok. She was just trying to decide what to steal. Women!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

However irrelevant, a Burnaby yarn is always well crafted.:-)

Referring back a little, you'd not see many Telegraph readers in pubs. To assume all read tabloids was not unreasonable. Gentleman's clubs, of the armchairs and schoolboy food type, not strip cluns, are the natural habitat of the Telegraph reader, mentally if not physically nowadays.
I have to admit I have not been in a London club for almost 50 years, and even then only as a guest.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:However irrelevant, a Burnaby yarn is always well crafted.:-)

Referring back a little, you'd not see many Telegraph readers in pubs. To assume all read tabloids was not unreasonable. Gentleman's clubs, of the armchairs and schoolboy food type, not strip cluns, are the natural habitat of the Telegraph reader, mentally if not physically nowadays.
I have to admit I have not been in a London club for almost 50 years, and even then only as a guest.
I left out the story about the young woman in Nottingham who wanted to borrow a kleenex. Even I was startled by that one.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Please do not take that literally

'borrow' is common usage for 'have' for small unimportant objects, quite unreturnable, like a match.
It avoids the plea direct, and implies a sharing relationship rather than a dependant one.
People do say it quite a lot.

PS. Since it is mostly a working class usage, it may originate in 'We are poor but we are proud'
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:Please do not take that literally

'borrow' is common usage for 'have' for small unimportant objects, quite unreturnable, like a match.
It avoids the plea direct, and implies a sharing relationship rather than a dependant one.
People do say it quite a lot.

PS. Since it is mostly a working class usage, it may originate in 'We are poor but we are proud'
'Borrow' was a particularly inappropriate word in context considering what she wanted to do with it. But it was the word she used.

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

In the comments under the Buzzfeed article -
Dave Moor · International Man of Mystery at The Universe wrote: Wow, there are some lies and misinformation in this piece, which I was interviewed for...

I am Allegedly Known As Dave (of the house of 'Murphy') mentioned in this 'comply with the system or else' article.

Firstly the Magna Carta has never and can never be repealed by parliament, as this piece correctly states, it existed before parliament so they have no jurisdiction over it, but what the sneaky bastards did was write up the Magna Carta as a statute in 1297 and then started repealing parts of the STATUTE, to fraudulently give the impression that it was repealing the Magna Carta 1215.

I did start the Freeman League in 2010, and we did camp on some land that I was actually negotiating to buy for one night so tha we could get the feel of the land but the council never did anything, we decided not to go ahead in the face of the local opposition that was organised by a couple of particularly deceitful and venomous neighbours we encountered.

And finally this weasel of a reporter tries to insinuate that I had mental and relationship problems which forced me into a weird belief system... wrong!

My lifestyle is a result of me wanting to be an honest, honorable man wishing to live peacefully on the land I was born in, free from rules that I did not agree to, imposed upon me by people I don't know, have never met, and care nothing about me and who want me to live in their prescribed manner while claiming that they somehow possess authority over me, other than the threat of violence... I am not afraid to die at their hands (or rather the hands of their paid enforcers), but I choose to live standing up and unafraid rather than cowering on my knees.

FUCK YOUR SYSTEM!!! (Sorry for swearing Mum)
Have we heard of this splendid buffoon before? He seems entertaining...
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-b
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

A few years back he used to post on the original tpuc when Harris was at the helm. His user name was something like Starbuck IIRC. He was quite a big noise back then in footle circles. After the police crushed his car he became more famous for advocating drinking your own piss. He also claimed to be an actor at one point.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Not long after starting Awake Radio, I got the idea to buy a Motorhome for some inexplicable reason but I soon found myself feeling the urge to leave the house I was renting, which I duly ignored until the universe took a hand and set me on a path to try and find a different way to live.
I'm assuming the universe took a hand by getting him kicked out of his rental for non-payment of rent.

The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Dave Moor · International Man of Mystery at The Universe wrote: Firstly the Magna Carta has never and can never be repealed by parliament, as this piece correctly states, it existed before parliament so they have no jurisdiction over it, but what the sneaky bastards did was write up the Magna Carta as a statute in 1297 and then started repealing parts of the STATUTE, to fraudulently give the impression that it was repealing the Magna Carta 1215.
And there was I thinking the 1215 charter was repealed by King John himself as soon as he was out of reach of the revolting baron’s assorted weaponry and got the Pope’s OK to not be bound by an agreement he was forced into at sword-point.

And it’s a bit inconsistent for someone who declares they don’t want to live to the rules other people force them to obey by threatening violence if they don’t to then swear by an agreement that King John only signed because he was threatened with extreme violence.

Anyway, if laws that existed “before Parliament” (whatever that means, England has always had a “parliament” of some sort) can’t be repealed by today’s Parliament I do hope our FOTLers are happy being tied to a few miles around the village in which they were born unless their local lord of the manor lets them travel elsewhere. And hand 10% of their income to the Catholic church, another wodge to their local baron and attend mass at least twice in every four weeks. While not forgetting their obligations to clear out the mud from the village fishponds.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Not long after starting Awake Radio, I got the idea to buy a Motorhome for some inexplicable reason but I soon found myself feeling the urge to leave the house I was renting, which I duly ignored until the universe took a hand and set me on a path to try and find a different way to live.
I'm assuming the universe took a hand by getting him kicked out of his rental for non-payment of rent.
Sounds more like he stole a plot line from "Breaking Bad" so he could have some sort of life.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Seventh String wrote:
Anyway, if laws that existed “before Parliament” (whatever that means, England has always had a “parliament” of some sort) can’t be repealed by today’s Parliament I do hope our FOTLers are happy being tied to a few miles around the village in which they were born unless their local lord of the manor lets them travel elsewhere. And hand 10% of their income to the Catholic church, another wodge to their local baron and attend mass at least twice in every four weeks. While not forgetting their obligations to clear out the mud from the village fishponds.
Not to mention, being forced into a swearband, whose members are all liable for punishment for the acts of any individual member. This tends to motivate them to follow the hue and cry and catch said individual.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Good old Dave of the house of Murphy has been in and out of various scams and schemes for years. He first came to my attention a few years back through is videos about his encounter with the police after deregistering his expensive looking Mercedes and subsequent battle to stop it being crushed. Needless to say he lost and like all evidence that his beliefs are nonsense it's swept under the carpet. I think you'll find that his motorhome is registered, taxed, insured and tested though!

Dave has been a bretharian, still extols the joys of drinking piss and claims he does every day, was deeply involved with the zero point free energy crowd until he ran out of money to pour into "development" and was last seen residing happily on flat earth.

Yes, he's convinced the earth is flat and the globe is just another lie by the papists, bankers and whoever else is controlling the world. Last I heard of him he was trying to recreate the Bedford Levels experiment to prove once and for all that the earth is flat with similar erroneous results to those obtained by the original experimenter.

He has a group of fellow flat earth believers on Facebook (Feukers they call themselves I think) and seems to be earning a crust on the alternative health and flat earth scene. As you'd expect, those lacking sufficient mental capacity to see through flat earth arguments are ripe for fleecing. Of course they tend to be lacking in funds too, what with being too stupid to earn any kind of a decent living but there seem to be enough crumbs available to keep the likes of Dave in piss & fuel for his camper.

He doesn't get involved in much that belongs in Quatloos which will explain why he seems to have been forgotten here but fear not, his stupid is keeping him active and entertaining in other venues.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

YiamCross wrote:Yes, he's convinced the earth is flat and the globe is just another lie by the papists, bankers and whoever else is controlling the world.
Hah, the naive fool. We all know it's a pyramid shape really, the so-called globe is just a cover story.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Heresy, ignoring the great turtles.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

I loved this bit:
“They told me to put my phone away and I said they had no authority, because I was a human being and they had decided to be persons. I was the highest-ranking person there, or human.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmith/i ... ttgNwZAg5w
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

My favorite quote at the moment isn't from a freeman case but a criminal trying to get a change of prisons. He made this brilliant argument;
[19] Mr. Loughlin also complained that he had not been handcuffed when he was transferred from minimum to medium security. Mr. Loughlin says he should have been handcuffed. He argued the fact he was not handcuffed meant the transfer must have been improper; the Bowden Institution had not followed procedure in conducting an “emergency transfer”. This “confused” Mr. Loughlin as to what was really going on and breached his rights.
In other words he claimed a constitutional right to be cuffed and, with deplorable indifference to his basic rights, the sheriffs chose to ignore this. The judgment makes no mention of them beating him senseless with truncheons either. Didn't they have any respect for his rights at all? Of course it was somewhat difficult to address these gross violations of basic rights when Mr. Loughlin was unable to articulate what they were;
[22] When I asked about the Application seeking some kind of constitutional relief, that some legislation be declared unconstitutional, Mr. Loughlin replied:

I don’t even know how to phrase it. ... Well, like I said it’s an application that I had help with from another institutional inmate who had done them in the past, cause I didn’t have the funds to retain a lawyer and be able to take this the proper route. So, I’m kinda at a loss for some of the things that you are saying, like when you’re saying the statures [sic], like it doesn’t makes sense to me.

[23] I asked how I and the Attorney General could respond to these materials. Mr. Loughlin said he didn’t know. Mr. Loughlin asked where the constitutional complaints were found in his documents. I pointed out the relevant paragraphs and reminded Mr. Loughlin that this was his application. Mr. Loughlin then disclosed someone else had “typed out” the application into this format. That led to this exchange:

Q: So you decided on your own that you wanted the court to strike down as unconstitutional certain statutes or certain procedures under statutes? How’d you come up with that? Can you point me to the legislation you were looking at when you wanted it to be declared unconstitutional? ...

A: I don’t even know what you mean by that.

[24] I inquired: “If you can’t explain that to me, how can I possibly entertain your application?” Mr. Loughlin gave no answer.

Loughlin v Her Majesty the Queen,
2017 ABQB 677
http://canlii.ca/t/hn8s4

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

In other words, Idjits - ZIP reality - ALL.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.