Cannabis cultivation suspect tries FMOTL stuff with custody sergeant

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Flup
Swabby
Swabby

Cannabis cultivation suspect tries FMOTL stuff with custody sergeant

Post by Flup »

...and gets as far as one might think. Kudos to the arresting officer and his custody sergeant for keeping it light while the guy talks about his £500k/hour fee schedule and blah blah common law.

https://youtu.be/UWoXl0312CQ?t=32m39s
Du Hast
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Cannabis cultivation suspect tries FMOTL stuff with custody sergeant

Post by Du Hast »

Flup wrote:...and gets as far as one might think. Kudos to the arresting officer and his custody sergeant for keeping it light while the guy talks about his £500k/hour fee schedule and blah blah common law.

https://youtu.be/UWoXl0312CQ?t=32m39s
They just reel off utter *****. The officer / Sgt can't contain their laughter

I'm in the job and have only been in for two years. Thankfully I've only had dealings with one freeman. Without going into great detail; essentially it was a man who had a history of domestic violence to his name. He was at his ex partner's property, banging on the door to be let in, completely drunk. We arrived and gave him a free lift home. One, because we're kind like that, and two, because we didn't want it to escalate...

For the entire 15 minute journey, he was spouting word for word from the freeman Bible. My colleague and I were politely informed that we would soon be arrested by him and his friends, at our police station, for not obeying our oaths. Needless to say, we had a good giggle. He was dropped off and it was a good end all round.
exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by exiledscouser »

Hi Flup

That fine gentleman doling out his fee schedule (a very reasonable £500,000 an hour for each hour of being arrested) is Jamie "Bopalot" Barnes who was discussed quite a bit here on Q - he has his own thread. He even reported the theft of his cannabis to the police - main suspects the Boys In Blue themselves. I liked the way that the custody sergeant says "I won't be payin it!" and indeed neither he or anyone else did.

In fact Bopalot (or someone claiming to be him) joined and posted on here for a while.

He later recanted his Footly views and even stood as a candidate in an election (polled 244 and deposit lost) as a member of the cannabis party or something similar.

He's an interesting character.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

exiledscouser wrote:He later recanted his Footly views and even stood as a candidate in an election (polled 244 and deposit lost) as a member of the cannabis party or something similar.

He's an interesting character.
I felt sure I had seen this before but didn't realise it was Bopalot. As above, he came on here, "went straight" (to use the English slang) and started getting involved in the legalise cannabis movement.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self