Lawful Rebellion on Radio 4

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Lawful Rebellion on Radio 4

Post by hucknallred »

Not a full house but close.
hucknallred wrote:PLD Bingo on the reaction.
Treasonous
we will have to be successful in restoring the rule of law for our counties to survive this treason
Seditious
Yes well the law states that they cannot commit sedition either but they do....
Put him on notice
no harm in putting them on Notice
Come the revolution he'll be.....
He has put a noose around his own neck by doing what he has......
Paedo
X Still time for this one.

He swore an oath not to take the piss
I worded the document to prevent him distorting the message of the movement, if he deliberately lies or distorts what we are saying (which looks highly likely) then we can take action against him.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I like the last one. They will sue Joylon and the BBC for making a bunch of nutters look like a bunch of nutters?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

hucknallred wrote:Not a full house but close.
I worded the document to prevent him distorting the message of the movement, if he deliberately lies or distorts what we are saying (which looks highly likely) then we can take action against him.
Of course as they don't believe in using the corrupt 'non' courts there's not really much they could do and even if they did use the corrupt 'non' courts it would be contract law and they'd have to show a quantifiable loss as a result of the breach of contract.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

SteveUK wrote:Highlights

DR interviews to start with, JJ fact checks A61. Apparently DR is in a care home nowadays.
DR mentions he'll seize JJs house if he does anything naughty.
JJ talks about his oath signing and how he instantly lost it on the train.
Lord Cragmyle is rolled out who calls it all bollocks.
Ollie tells his story and wouldve continued his fight had it not been for his family.
Some old bat says its getting made redundant that pushed her into it.She mentions the database of the traitors.
They wheel out an ex rebel who calls it out as rubbish.
Crabbie admits multiple jail sentences and his willing to fight on.He doesnt think hes bankrupted in reality.
Robotham and his mate talk about their court 'victory'.
JJ takes the piss out of the non court seizure and the lobby the bobby. The audio includes the copper tossing them out politely.
JJ closes up - and says they frame every failure as a success.

https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AACXYzAyx ... uR5lgWqGPU
you need to give us a shareable link.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

grixit wrote:you need to give us a shareable link.
would this one work?? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09qhsc4
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

An interesting and well-made programme. Well done, Jolyon, if you're still lurking.

I was surprised that Jolyon described a membership of 13,000, when he surely knows that the active, committed membership is barely 1% of that. I see they're already trying to find comfort in the suggestion that their movement is growing rapidly (even though they also know the truth).

David Robinson came over quite differently in his own spoken words. Eg the unguarded comment of disappointment with the Birmingham turnout, and his diffident closing speech to the handful of followers. He doesn't have the charismatic or militant character to lead a revolution, despite his bombastic statements on PLD Facebook.

Krabby enjoyed playing the comic-book thug, his eagerness to be the hangman for the insolent Revenue Dept of Swale Council, all of whom had committed treason. Credit to him for admitting the harm he caused in his drink-driving offence. An interesting reference to Mrs Irene Krabby, who does not appear to be wholly persuaded of the benefits of destroying their retirement capital in a Götterdämmerung battle with parliamentary authority. If he's lucky, she will get a grip and make him co-operate while there's still time to salvage some of his estate.

The ending was a little flat and unsatisfying, although Jolyon's epithet was a zinger - "Maybe if you can frame every failure as a success, you can persuade yourself that victory is almost within your grasp". Would've been nice to have synchronised the broadcast with a major event, like the non-arrest of Mayor Khan or David Bell-end's court appearance. But I imagine the broadcast scheduling required this to be completed and approved by BBC lawyers many weeks ago. If Robinson's Rebels will ever talk to him again, Krabby's bankruptcy would be the ideal follow-up story.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

http://wikisend.com/download/479046/The ... nemies.mp3
grixit

Post by grixit »

katiHWB wrote:
would this one work?? http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09qhsc4
No. That's a link to the original, which refuses non british ip addresses. I meant that the dropbox copy needs a sharable link, because otherwise only the person whose account it's in can access it.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
grixit

Post by grixit »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
http://wikisend.com/download/479046/The ... nemies.mp3
That works, thanks.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
longdog

Post by longdog »

Hercule Parrot wrote:I was surprised that Jolyon described a membership of 13,000, when he surely knows that the active, committed membership is barely 1% of that.
The prospect of 13,000 rebels makes for a far better story than the truth which is simply that they are just another handful of internet cranks with an idiosyncratic idea of how the world works.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
morrand

Post by morrand »

The sobriety with which Radio 4 is treating the subject has apparently carried over to their banner for this episode:

I caught it live on the Radio 4 LW feed, which somehow does make it over here unscathed.
---
Morrand
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Odd, it’s stored in my public folder...
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

morrand wrote:The sobriety with which Radio 4 is treating the subject has apparently carried over to their banner for this episode:

I caught it live on the Radio 4 LW feed, which somehow does make it over here unscathed.
What the ....!
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

morrand wrote:The sobriety with which Radio 4 is treating the subject has apparently carried over to their banner for this episode:

That looks like something out of a Fry/Laurie sketch.

The helmets are just too precious. Over here, our sovereign citizens are all tramping around with guns and ill-fitting mis-matched camouflage military surplus clothes, and their headgear are those cheap floppy military hats.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

I think the BBC props department is responsible for those. The genuine rebels wear whatever their wives bought them at a charity shop, back when they had wives.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:That looks like something out of a Fry/Laurie sketch.

The helmets are just too precious. Over here, our sovereign citizens are all tramping around with guns and ill-fitting mis-matched camouflage military surplus clothes, and their headgear are those cheap floppy military hats.
Hey, JPC - nice to see you dropping in. :)

Yes, our home-grown sovcits are mostly a pale imitation of their US counterparts. Some of this is due to the lesser availability of firearms here, but I think also our local movements just don't attract anyone with courage, intelligence or charisma*. The US scene isn't exactly oversupplied with these qualities, but in UK they're totally absent. Our FMOTL or SovCit fraternity are basically stupid losers, squabbling like children about what to fail at next.

(*I use these terms neutrally. Adolf Hitler had leadership skills, but few would say that he was a good person)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Our FMOTL or SovCit fraternity are basically stupid losers, squabbling like children about what to fail at next.
So, how are they different than ours?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Gregg wrote:
Our FMOTL or SovCit fraternity are basically stupid losers, squabbling like children about what to fail at next.
So, how are they different than ours?
The *ahem* body count tends to be a bit lower.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Yes, but only because you don't have the whole "The right to keep and bear small tactical nuclear weapons shall not be infringed" thing.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Gregg wrote:Yes, but only because you don't have the whole "The right to keep and bear small tactical nuclear weapons shall not be infringed" thing.
We still have some centuries old obscure laws that’s I’m surprised the rebels haven’t latched on to-

Here’s one strange example-
It is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls of York, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.