The comedy court of Common Law

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: The comedy court of Common Law

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:26 pm You may be thinking of Captain Carrot, a 6 foot plus adopted dwarf, probably the lost King of Ankh Morpork, which no one mentions.
No, it was Churm Rincewind.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

PE got the name from Beachcomber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beachcomber_(pen_name)

One relevant case was should a bank accept a cheque written on a cow.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: One relevant case was should a bank accept a cheque written on a cow.
If the check were no good, could you be charged with uddering a worthless check?
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:44 pm PE got the name from Beachcomber

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beachcomber_(pen_name)

One relevant case was should a bank accept a cheque written on a cow.
No sorry, I just checked and as I thought it was that great (in real life) lawyer A.P. Herbert

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Board_of_ ... _v_Haddock
Siegfried Shrink

You are of course correct. Old men forget. My early legal studies were all based on humourous fiction, including also Henry Cecil in addition to the authorities cited above. :-)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I try to imagine Horace Rumpole involved in one of these cases, but i just picture him sputtering like an outboard motor.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I hope Crabby and Co. are aware that a comedy common law court (complete with sheriffs and badges) was incepted back in 2014?

https://youtu.be/fzuVssPubug

With similar results.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

JimUk1 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:47 am I hope Crabby and Co. are aware that a comedy common law court (complete with sheriffs and badges) was incepted back in 2014?

https://youtu.be/fzuVssPubug

With similar results.
I remember those, last post >1year ago. Obviously a roaring success!!1!!

https://www.facebook.com/Coventry-commo ... 118000698/
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Siegfried Shrink

https://www.facebook.com/ledgrow/videos ... 333949607/

Here is a comedy police encounter from that FB page.

Clearly some of the education budget was wasted.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Excellent news (!!! 1!!)

You can now access your worthless documents slightly quicker than before.

You can also add your own video content, but as they have the attention span of a goldfish, remember, " but please try to keep it brief, 2 to 3 minutes would be ideal so people will watch without losing interest."
The new common law court website is almost ready to launch, it should be much more user friendly with a forum for everyone that has recorded their birth to use. All recording of documents will be much easier in the book of deeds and a reference number should be instant as soon as they have been submitted correctly. There will be a video section for people to record a video and transfer it to the new website. We are looking for people to upload personal videos to the new website which can be done from now using the link below. You can add 2 videos as follows. The first one is for peoples opinions on what is wrong with the statutory system, it can be any subject ie council tax, courts, social services etc, but please try to keep it brief, 2 to 3 minutes would be ideal so people will watch without losing interest. Second video up to 30 seconds max on your thoughts about the common law court, for the people by the people. Use this email info@commonlawcourt.com to send it to, add your email and any message, then upload your video and click transfer. Click on the Help/About Us/Got Plus tabs top right corner to get to know how to use the link if you’re not sure how to use it. Here’s the link to send any videos
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

How very kind of them to self provide evidence for their later prosecutions that maybe even the CPS can't screw up.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 pm How very kind of them to self provide evidence for their later prosecutions that maybe even the CPS can't screw up.
Exactly. In the trial of Colorado sovcits Bruce Doucette and company, one of the best sources of evidence was their "registry" web site, which posted all their pretend indictments and liens on one convenient place, so prosecutors didn't have to contact each victim to find the threatening documents.
notorial dissent

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:59 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 pm How very kind of them to self provide evidence for their later prosecutions that maybe even the CPS can't screw up.
Exactly. In the trial of Colorado sovcits Bruce Doucette and company, one of the best sources of evidence was their "registry" web site, which posted all their pretend indictments and liens on one convenient place, so prosecutors didn't have to contact each victim to find the threatening documents.
Like I said, nothing like self indictment and proof of crime(s) and some/many of them seem Hell bent on doing just that, as well as providing us with a seemingly never ending free supply of unintended comedy. More power to 'em I say. II Douche and company, of course, being a prime example as you say.

The UK contingent being VERY slow on the uptake, and seemingly just slower in general don't seem to get the clue. I can't help wondering if they'll EVER figure it out. That was rhetorical.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

notorial dissent wrote: ↑
The UK contingent being VERY slow on the uptake, and seemingly just slower in general don't seem to get the clue. I can't help wondering if they'll EVER figure it out. That was rhetorical.
You're right. We're ashamed of our very thick freetards in this country. But they are allowed to multiply exponentially by the much reduced numbers in UK police forces and the overstretched, underpaid and utterly useless CPS.
notorial dissent

TheHallouminati wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 am
notorial dissent wrote: ↑
You're right. We're ashamed of our very thick freetards in this country. But they are allowed to multiply exponentially by the much reduced numbers in UK police forces and the overstretched, underpaid and utterly useless CPS.
I think some of it may be the lack of competition the UK contingent face in comparison to their UK and us I think some of it may be the fact that they are largely ignored in the UK, and it seems the majority of the population not only doesn't know they are there let alone cares.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

They don't have guns in the UK and that cuts off a large source of them doing things that attract both media attention and law enforcement lack of a sense of humor in dealing with them.

I see videos of the UK police being on the verge of laughing at them as they let them recite their magic words before smashing the side glass. You still get that here in the USA but here you also have a lot of cops who will approach your car with a drawn gun and no sense of humor at all. Some of this change in attitude is inspired by the cardboard "NOT USED IN COMMERCE-TAX AND INSURANCE EXEMPT'' license plates which can give you a fair chance of getting tased and dragged from the car screaming in pain.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

Actually, I'd think the whole cardboard "NOT USED IN COMMERCE-TAX AND INSURANCE EXEMPT'' license plates thing would be a good indicator that you are dealing with/approaching a possibly dangerous and/or crazy person, or at least it should.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:55 am They don't have guns in the UK and that cuts off a large source of them doing things that attract both media attention and law enforcement lack of a sense of humor in dealing with them.
Oh... We have guns... Millions of them. The difference being one of the requirements for a shotgun licence or a firearms certificate is not being a complete loony and they check with your doctor.

In addition to that the sort of people who go in for these delusional theories are likely to be red flagged when the polis come round to interview them and check their security provisions. Being obstructive and spouting freeman shit to a police officer would be very quick way of losing your certificate on the grounds of 'unsound mind or intemperate habit'. No ifs, buts or maybes plod just turns up at your house, revokes your licence and takes your guns away. You can appeal to a magistrate but if you're a card carrying freeman you're probably not going to get very far.

People do slip through the net but as we've only really had three mass shootings since pretty much the invention of the firearm that's not something we really worry about.

Edit to add: The police are quite good at noticing the smell of cannabis too. If they come round about your missing bike they're probably not going to give a shit but if you want to have a real gun it's a different matter. As so many FMOTL have trouble saying 'No, no... One spliff a day is enough for me" that might be an issue :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

longdog wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:11 pm
In addition to that the sort of people who go in for these delusional theories are likely to be red flagged when the polis come round to interview them and check their security provisions. Being obstructive and spouting freeman shit to a police officer would be very quick way of losing your certificate on the grounds of 'unsound mind or intemperate habit'. No ifs, buts or maybes plod just turns up at your house, revokes your licence and takes your guns away. You can appeal to a magistrate but if you're a card carrying freeman you're probably not going to get very far.

People do slip through the net but as we've only really had three mass shootings since pretty much the invention of the firearm that's not something we really worry about.
Not necessarily so, provided the applicant is of good character, has “good reason” to possess firearms, can provide satisfactory referees and in the opinion of the Firearms Enquiry Officer would not represent a public safety risk then they may be granted a certificate. The enquiries of the applicants doctor are a bit of a red herring, in practice they’re about as much use as a chocolate teapot, the negative indicators they might provide are usually clearly evident anyway.

Freemanism is treated in exactly the same way as political affiliation or religious belief, provided the individual is assessed as trustworthy and having a responsible attitude to firearms they would not be denied a certificate. The criteria are quite pragmatic, any history of violence is likely to disqualify you from consideration but a conviction for drink driving (DD) some time ago may be overlooked. However two DD convictions is likely to be end of game.

I know of a number of freemen who hold certificates and some who have had them revoked. But there are non-freeman buffoons around as well who have lost their access to firearms for doing silly things.

TheRambler

Edit to add: A bit of explanation for non UK members. The core of the UK firearms licensing system is the “good reason” to possess principle. This could be target shooting, game shooting or vermin control. Self defence is not accepted as “good reason” except under very special circumstances in Northern Ireland. For the good reason to be valid then the applicant has to be able to provide evidence to justify it, membership of a target shooting club; which itself is required to be Home Office approved; or permission to shoot over suitable land for other purposes. The land would be inspected to,ascertain its suitability and the permission confirmed with the landowner. There are other checks within the system as well.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

But, I'm not sure our UK members understand how many guns there are in America, and how easy it is to get one, both legally, and illegally. Most anyone without a criminal record can buy as many handguns as he wants, with a waiting period. Almost anyone can buy a rifle, just by walking in and paying for it. Our 2nd largest grocery chain is WalMart, who also sells or used to sell rifles and shotguns because nothing goes with a Coke, a hot dogs and chips like an AKS Rifle. (Does Walmart sell groceries in the UK? If not, imagine a gun aisle at Tesco, next to the produce)

And that's the LEGAL ones. There are surely more illegal guns in some counties than there are guns of any kind in all of Britain. East Los Angeles, Newark NJ and Detroit are probably better armed than some countries. If you pulled over 100 random cars in Miami Florida, you'd find a handgun in more than half of them. I have a friend who showe me his gun vault, and entire room sized safe in his house, with more than 250 firearms in it. I may be wrong, but I'm thinking the average Briton would be shocked at the prevalence of guns in America.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.