Freeman of the Year 2018

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Freeman of the Year 2018

Post by grixit »

Unfortunately, as with all awards lately, we must pause and ask ourselves one question. Are we adequately addressing diversity? Yes, with Reka we can stop saying #FOOTLESSOWHITE and #WOMENDUMBTOO, but there's so much more to do.

Where are the sexual minorities? There were LGBTFMOTL activists chanting and waving signs outside the show, but none of the presenters acknowledged them.

What about the disabled? I don't mean mentally, that segment of the population is certainly represented. But where are the footles in wheelchairs? Why are there no "How to Lose Your House over a Water Bill" videos for the blind? Who will help a victim of chronic fatigue send out tons of affidavits and notices?

We can, and should, do better folks.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:42 pm
Wonderful to see the elite, semi-pro British talent being recognised. As our nation approaches the challenges of Brexit, climate change and social division, these are the heroes who will step forward to lead and inspire us.

And role models too, for the countless youngsters who are entering Freemonging at the amateur regional levels. Who can forget young Spartacus Renshaw, applauding proudly as his father simultaneously took the award and the 30,000 volts. It brings a lump to the throat. And remember, kids - if you train hard to resist all learning or understanding, and hone your unwarranted sense of belligerent entitlement, one day you could be on that stage receiving your own awards!
I imagined this in the voice of Eric Idle, hosting the Light Entertainment Awards.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

longdog wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:07 pm I'm not sure Crabert White qualifies as a 'Newcomer' but this is after all the UK end of Q where most rules are considered guidelines to be stretched or completely ignored on a whim and therefore I won't demand a recount.

I'm already confident that Yolande Kenwood (also not really a newcomer to be honest) will take the crown for 2019. I expect big things from her in the year to come with a good chance of a restraining order and a better class of section than the previous, and somewhat amateurish, Sec 135... Either a 135 with a 5(2) or maybe even the holy-grail of a Sec 3.

Can we hope for a jail term for harassment or contempt? I would bet the farm on it but I certainly wouldn't bet against it.
Good news - she made the cut for this year's RCJ stay-away award, banned until September this year.

Kenward Yolande Ann
Administrative Court, Royal Courts of Justice
18 Sep 2019
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Success!!!! 1!!!

Remind me of this in 9 months when I forget the 'best vexatious straight jacket' award.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Another contender for the Stay-Away award is Rekha Patel - banned until 30th Nov 2019
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/extended-ci ... s-in-force
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm sure Wrekha will be working to upgrade that. She just can't not.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

notorial dissent wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 am I'm sure Wrekha will be working to upgrade that. She just can't not.
Wrekha has gone very quiet recently. I would like to think that she has come to her senses, and realised that her 'supporters' were in fact encouraging her towards self-destruction. I am admittedly prone to sentimentality.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheHallouminati
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TheHallouminati »

Wrekha is only quiet because she has a bail condition to stay away from Simmondley Village. This is in place until her next court appearance on 16th May after which I'll bet my last fiver she'll continue with her "quest for justice".
She just can't help herself :haha: