Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by mufc1959 »

Most likely a business account.
hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:55 pm Another win for the "fit your own electricity meter" gang ..
Where did you source this gem?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

My thought too. How can someone (I assume residential) incur fourteen thousand pounds of past due bills before the utility gets around to disconnecting?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Business account or they have a grow op in their basement. In Alberta the utility providers perform rationality checks at residential sites to check for this - zero consumption means a meter bypass therefore a grow op or a life safety situation, excessive consumption means a grow op without bypass.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Thanks. I should have thought of that, they're all over the place in Vancouver.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

Definitely commercial. Since the investigation into Arvato, courts haven't been doing residential warrants except on theft or safety grounds, not debt. Even when they were doing them, residential disconnections were as rare as hens' teeth - single figures a year, or about 0.0001% of all applications.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

SpearGrass wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:33 am Definitely commercial. Since the investigation into Arvato, courts haven't been doing residential warrants except on theft or safety grounds, not debt. Even when they were doing them, residential disconnections were as rare as hens' teeth - single figures a year, or about 0.0001% of all applications.
I saw a commercial disconnection on the CTULS group on Facebook. The group was then awash with experts advising to buy replacement fuses on Amazon & reconnect herself. This was very worrying, a friend of mine contacted the energy firm to let them know, as she hadn't redacted her name.

On the subject of domestic disconnections, here's a recent one. Skip to near the end for the disconnection & listen to the waffle from the woman.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

That Banaman YT channel is quite the rabbit hole.

I like the 'Hang The Traitors' mobility scooter on the video you posted!
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

hucknallred wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:13 pm
aesmith wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:55 pm Another win for the "fit your own electricity meter" gang ..
Where did you source this gem?
On a Telegram group "Smarter Meter Exchange", unfortunately 99% of the content is racist conspiracy rubbish. The other group, specifically about Octopus got shut down after too many people posted about being disconnected.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

aesmith wrote: On a Telegram group "Smarter Meter Exchange", unfortunately 99% of the content is racist conspiracy rubbish. The other group, specifically about Octopus got shut down after too many people posted about being disconnected.
Not often I venture on TG, but I joined. :shock:
Last edited by hucknallred on Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

OMG she's in her dressing gown.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Burnaby49 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:24 pm My thought too. How can someone (I assume residential) incur fourteen thousand pounds of past due bills before the utility gets around to disconnecting?
It's just about possible with today's energy prices. When they were a lot lower 3 years ago, I was sent a bill for £4,500 despite having paid by direct debit every month (and I'm in a one bedroom flat). I had the bill in dispute for 2 years. During that time they couldn't sell the debt, or instigate county court proceedings.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

Changing the subject, but still random, does anyone know why a load of people have started sending courts blank pieces of paper by recorded delivery? I presume there is some guru out there telling them to do it.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

SpearGrass wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:18 pm Changing the subject, but still random, does anyone know why a load of people have started sending courts blank pieces of paper by recorded delivery? I presume there is some guru out there telling them to do it.
That’s something I vaguely recall being done before. Unfortunately I cannot find the previous mention of it. Where are you seeing reference to this practice?

TheRambler
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

Wikipedia is called Wikimisleadyer but a Google search brought this up:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank_piece_of_paper

There is zilch about sending the paper through recorded/registered post however.
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

Where are you seeing reference to this practice?
I'm not quoting a source, this is primary.
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

SpearGrass wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:18 pm Changing the subject, but still random, does anyone know why a load of people have started sending courts blank pieces of paper by recorded delivery?

Perhaps they rubbed the lemon juice into their faces instead of using it to write with.
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

SpearGrass wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:15 pm
Thanks, that’s interesting as it’s unlikely the senders independently and spontaneously decided to send blank pages to a court by the same means. Someone or some source must have recently suggested this course of action but they seem to have managed to keep a low profile.

There must be some common factors out there waiting to be found.

TheRambler
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

SpearGrass wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:15 pm
There are quite a few references to the practice, citing quite varied and nebulous reasons for using it. However I have come accross nothing that would explain why it may have become prevalent of late. So, who has stumbled upon the great secret that you don't need wurdz to speak legalese?

TheRambler
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I stumbled on this untapped pool of low quality fuckwittery on Facebook, the "The Sovereign Fraternity - Private Members Page". It's private but they anyone jiin if you say you've subscribed to their web site.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/582379176079905
Justin Finity
Yesterday at 10:04 AM ·
Can I post a notice on a Saturday ?
Macus Fontaine
Yesterday at 9:00 AM ·
Good Rising all.
Hope you are well.
I've been trying to sue a chief constable for the torturous acts his officers has put me through. His solicitor(Nicola)wrote an Affidavit which I rebutted, she has not responded and, the judge has struck out case as totally without merit. I've sent lien process and notice of distress to the judge and Nicola. The solicitors company recently wrote that Nicola will not be corresponding through their company anymore. The letter was not signed.
It seems Nicola is trying to do a runner!
Any recommendations?
What can I do to continue my pursuit on the chief constable?