Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JimUk1
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by JimUk1 »

NYGman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm OT: On Facebook to keep up with old Friends and Family, but do think it is a bit of a cesspit. In the same vein as smart people falling for FMOTL or Soverin' theories to detax themselves, I see intelligent people I know and may be
It is ridiculous how people only accept alternative history that they agree with. I’m not sure if they deliberately ignore accepted history or are just so blinded by their own prejudices can’t accept they’re wrong.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

NYGman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm OT: On Facebook to keep up with old Friends and Family, but do think it is a bit of a cesspit.
I left Facebook three years ago exactly because of this and I haven't missed it at all. Rebutting my mother's reposts of Britain First material when she is herself an immigrant became wearing. I'd rather be ignorant of the ignorance of people I like.

However, I still find it amusing that the FOTLers of this world trust their threats and quite often document their criminal behaviour on a platform that is just one magistrate warrant away from complete access by the police.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

JimUk1 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:34 pm
NYGman wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:21 pm OT: On Facebook to keep up with old Friends and Family, but do think it is a bit of a cesspit. In the same vein as smart people falling for FMOTL or Soverin' theories to detax themselves, I see intelligent people I know and may be
It is ridiculous how people only accept alternative history that they agree with. I’m not sure if they deliberately ignore accepted history or are just so blinded by their own prejudices can’t accept they’re wrong.
Ridiculous yes, common, oh yeah so VERY. Most if not all of them have had their delusions pointed out to them, usually repeatedly, and to no affect. What has been pointed out to them is contrary to WHAT they want to believe and so it will be down played, disregarded, and ignored. So yes, very willful ignorance. (my emphasis above)
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I use Facebook for friends and friends of friends I have met personally and got on with OK. No family because I don't get on with them and wouldn't want them to know half of what my friends know about me anyway. Anybody who posts racist, bigoted shit I defriend immediately although this very rarely happens.

The groups are purely a playground for me to mock idiots and ask impossible to answer questions like "do you have any evidence for that?"
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:05 pm However, I still find it amusing that the FOTLers of this world trust their threats and quite often document their criminal behaviour on a platform that is just one magistrate warrant away from complete access by the police.
Warrant? Who needs a warrant? Just ask an advertiser.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
TBL

Post by TBL »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:40 pm
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:05 pm However, I still find it amusing that the FOTLers of this world trust their threats and quite often document their criminal behaviour on a platform that is just one magistrate warrant away from complete access by the police.
Warrant? Who needs a warrant? Just ask an advertiser.
I know a warrant isn't necessary here in the US as it's publicly available.
AnOwlCalledSage

TBL wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:52 pm I know a warrant isn't necessary here in the US as it's publicly available.
I guess that's true, with NSA data available via wikileaks! :wink:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

JimUk1 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:43 amStone henge was actually built by ancient aliens who had predicted this white genocide so left the planet for mars.
No, no, Stonehenge was built by the remnant of the Myceans after the eruption of Thera. See Stonehenge: Where Atlantis Died. (Although absurd, it is consistent with a legitimate (although short-lived) academic theory.)

notorial dissent

What has never ceased to amaze me is how many sovcits, and otherwise crazy people for that matter, as well as otherwise sane normal people think that what they put out on face plant is "private" out of the public view etc. Really really amazes me. And they are so very very shocked when it comes back to bite them.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Indeed. There are plenty of Facebook cranks in their crank groups who have "reported" me to Facebook / the cops for "hacking their account". What was this hacking? Screen grabbing the insane, hateful shit they have posted on their public profile and pea-roasting it. I'm not sure if they even know Facebook has privacy settings which might go some way to to explaining why the look at mine, see almost nothing and accuse me of being a paid government disinformation agent with a fake account.

I've been on the internet since before there was an internet and I still follow the principle that EVERYTHING you post on the internet is public and even if it isn't it might be at some point.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

You can add the utoobey to that list, amazing how many of them think that is private as well and get all frothy when you post a link or a bit from one of their cray cray fests. Even better when it gets used in a criminal action.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:07 pm You can add the utoobey to that list, amazing how many of them think that is private as well and get all frothy when you post a link or a bit from one of their cray cray fests. Even better when it gets used in a criminal action.
The University of YouTube. The most prestigious seat of learning in the world of batshit insanity.
Skeptic
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by Skeptic »

longdog wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:28 pm
I've been on the internet since before there was an internet and I still follow the principle that EVERYTHING you post on the internet is public and even if it isn't it might be at some point.
And even the most native user would know what you post publicly in Facebook would be public.
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:07 pm You can add the utoobey to that list, amazing how many of them think that is private as well and get all frothy when you post a link or a bit from one of their cray cray fests. Even better when it gets used in a criminal action.
Don't you know Da Yoooooootube is run by Da Joooooooos (because it kicked some white nationalists off its site)?

PSA: Free speech doesn't apply to private areas, and private businesses have a right to bar you for holding an opinion (hence why incels/racists keep getting banned off Reddit, and why a bakery can refuse to bake a gay wedding cake)
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

MiddlesexFinn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 am Don't you know Da Yoooooootube is run by Da Joooooooos (because it kicked some white nationalists off its site)?
Actually, the algorithm is pretty bad. It kicked off white nationalists and people talking about white nationalists....

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Around here the sequence usually ends up being a self reinforcing fantasy world. There is one private facebook discussion group with 7200+ members that serves as a forum for a largely rural area with a total population of less than fifteen thousand. In other words, the vast majority of those old enough to have a facebook account are members and everyone knows everybody else. Someone posts a crazy rant referencing a blend of white replacement theory, the province of Quebec, and one Canadian political party. The next day they are looking for a new job since their employer takes a dim view of this stuff. This only reinforces their theory and they return to the group and tell everyone how terrible it all is. They honestly just don't get it...
BTW, I'm betting you one "hired harasser and thug" and raising you a "paid informant for those polluting our pristine farmland". If I have to I will go all in and bet "hired counter protestor" - that one is even on a video :shrug:
notorial dissent

Alternatively, or perhaps conjointly, even in the super secret private groups, there is always at least one, or more people who happily repost and blab not matter what it is or who it is about.

Basically, they ain't no secrets on the innerwebs baby.....
MiddlesexFinn
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by MiddlesexFinn »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:47 pm
MiddlesexFinn wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:22 am Don't you know Da Yoooooootube is run by Da Joooooooos (because it kicked some white nationalists off its site)?
Actually, the algorithm is pretty bad. It kicked off white nationalists and people talking about white nationalists....
Well done :sarcasmon:
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

I know that some conspiracy debunking channels have been purged. There was one called "The Spoof Movement" which doesn't seem to have any videos now and there were some channels which questioned somewhat loosely founded claims of Satanic ritual abuse* which have gone - so it's true that it's not just the alt-right channels which have been under attack. Oh for the days when YouTube was primarily for sharing information and not for chasing the green backed dollar.

* I realise this is a fraud site and not a conspiracy theory site but (and I haven't the foggiest notion how it happened) there does seem to have been a crossover - with Fotlers anyhow.
AnOwlCalledSage

CrankyBoomer wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:31 am * I realise this is a fraud site and not a conspiracy theory site but (and I haven't the foggiest notion how it happened) there does seem to have been a crossover - with Fotlers anyhow.
All roads lead to Neelu!

Yes, this is a joke... but it's also not that far from the truth. She's been peddling conspiracies to the credulous from at least 2000 and whilst right now she seems to be primarily going through her captive fake lawyer, she has previously attended and obtained "judgements" from the Common Law LARPers and infected them. The Noakes/CLC/Neelu nexus being just one example. If you look into any FOTLer stupid, will will find Neelu's fingerprints there somewhere.