Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Back to the Futile

Post by eric »

It remains a continuous source of amazement to me that in my area of rural Alberta there is enough anti-"gub'mint" and sovereignist citizen sentiment that people who are hiding their address but still want to vote. Every election I have worked, and I expect the one in less than a week will be no different, I will have a significant quantity of electors who have no identification and/or no proof of residence. Part of my job will be playing detective to ferret out some proof of residence and or identification which is difficult for those who rely on the cash economy.
mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by mufc1959 »

rosy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:55 pm I'm watching Police Interceptors on Channel 5 and there is a sov-cit twat maintaining that his car (containing cannabis, naturally) is a "private conveyance". He's now called his mum to the scene who is also arguing statutes v acts.

After much arguing and timewasting, it turns out that sonny-boy has a licence and insurance after all. So sovcit, much resistance.
What an absolute mullet-headed spanner he was. His mum was a cretin too. Ended up costing him over £500 for obstructing the police. That was a win then.
CrankyBoomer
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by CrankyBoomer »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:43 pm
CrankyBoomer wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:34 pm From a little upthread I was thinking "Isn't the Bill of Rights" American? But with some help from Google I found that there is indeed a British Bill of Rights dating from 22nd June 2022. How did I miss that in the news when it first came out?
It's only been "introduced". It is not law at the moment.
Thanks, albeit belatedly, for the clarification, Owl.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

At the moment it's still the "Bill of Rights Bill", not having even passed through the Commons yet.

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3227/stages
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

aesmith wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:14 pm At the moment it's still the "Bill of Rights Bill", not having even passed through the Commons yet.

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3227/stages
And according to various media reports, since the resignation of it's author Dominic Saab, it is unlikely to ever do so.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

How long before the Freeman start claiming that the UK Bill of Rights was just an underhanded attempt to nullify the Magna Carta?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Verdicts now in on the Grayson and Reynolds terrorism case referred to upthread
viewtopic.php?p=295539#p295539
A conspiracy theorist has been found guilty of encouraging terrorism following a trial at Leeds Crown Court.

Darren Reynolds, 60, was convicted of direct or indirect encouragement of terrorism to others to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism, dissemination of an act of terrorism and six counts of possession of material containing information likely to be useful to a person committing an act of terrorism.

He was found not guilty of two counts of dissemination of a terrorist publication and one count of conspiracy to commit criminal damage.
Reynolds' co-accused Christine Grayson was found guilty of one count of conspiracy to commit criminal damage in relation to a plan to burn down 5G masts. She was found not guilty of encouraging terrorism.
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/lo ... n-27035227

Also reported in The Independent, which headlines the anti-vaxx connection.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 9661.html

I like to imagine Reynolds serving his time at the same nick as EWE, and availing himself of the Equity Lawyer's services.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Grayson told officers she stood under common law, the law of the land and said "Magna Carta said there should be English people running the country."
Yeah... Because Magna Carta was SO English :mrgreen:

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

longdog wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:06 pm
Grayson told officers she stood under common law, the law of the land and said "Magna Carta said there should be English people running the country."
Brave Hungarian peasant girl...
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

"Magna Carta said there should be English people running the country."
Just LOOK at these English people:

The 25 Barons of Magna Carta

Eustace de Vesci
Robert de Ros
Richard de Percy
William de Mowbray
Roger de Montbegon
John FitzRobert
William de Forz
John de Lacy
Saer de Quincy, Earl of Winchester
Richard de Montfichet
William de Huntingfield
Roger Bigod and Hugh Bigod
Robert de Vere
Geoffrey de Mandeville
Henry de Bohun
Richard de Clare and Gilbert de Clare
William D'Albini
Robert Fitzwalter
William Hardel
William de Lanvallei
William Malet
William Marshall II
Geoffrey de Say
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Bloody Normans...
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Albert Haddock wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:00 pm
longdog wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:06 pm
Brave Hungarian peasant girl...
Her original name was Magya Kártá. Much too foreign for Merrie Old England. :D :D :D
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

But did she die in vain?
longdog

Post by longdog »

She caused King John to sign the pledge and close the boozers at half past ten. Some might say she deserved it.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

aesmith wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:31 pm But did she die in vain?
No. She died in London.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

Sentence now in, and what a sentence: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ts-4169963
TheRambler

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings II: Scottish Independence

Post by TheRambler »

Scottish Independence and Freemanlike Beliefs

First of all, let me make it clear that this is not a discussion of the rights or wrongs of Scottish independence or the benefits or otherwise of nationalism. I am an ethnic scot, was brought up and went to school there and retain an interest in Scotland and its affairs. However I have not lived there for many years and whilst I have my own opinions, I do not believe I am entitled to any say in Scotland's future. That is for those who live there and maintain a stake in Scotland.

There are a number of Scottish political blogs of all shades, however the liveliest is probably https://wingsoverscotland.com/.

The facility to leave comments attracts a wide range of participants with customary examples of the exotic flora and fauna that flourishes in these environments. It is noticeable that there is small but significant element who have either grafted freemanlike beliefs onto their political ambitions or possibly see independence as a way to a freeman "state". There is a belief in the importance of 300 year old legislation and how it may be used to achieve their aims. The odd individual; and there are some very "odd" individuals"; has even cited Magna Carta although someone usually points out that this never applied to Scotland. But heigh-ho, never let the facts get in the way of a good piece of common law.

Wading through the comments can be turgid, but every now and then you are rewarded with a piece of authentic freemanism. If you feel like an excursion into the jungle then I recommend selecting a few of the more commented upon articles.

Good Hunting,
TheRambler
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Wading through the comments can be turgid, but every now and then you are rewarded with a piece of authentic freemanism. If you feel like an excursion into the jungle then I recommend selecting a few of the more commented upon articles.
I read Wings pretty regularly, because although his persona can be a bit grating, Campbell has consistently broken stories that the MSM have belatedly picked up on. I must admit that I've never trawled through the comments much though. I'll have to start skimming them.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

A landlord who rents out homes in the South Gloucestershire and Bristol area has been ordered to pay over £44,000 after a court found him guilty of a serious housing offence and for contravening a Local Government Act. Mr Giuseppe Sutera, also known as Joe Sutera, attended Bristol Magistrates’ Court on Monday, June 26, but he refused to identify himself stating only that he was “a man” and that Joe Sutera was “lost at sea”.

As he had not properly identified himself the court decided that Joe Sutera was not in fact present, and he was found guilty in his absence. He was ordered to pay a total of £44,270.26, which is a record fine secured by South Gloucestershire Council’s public sector housing team.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... s51iw89xw8
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
TheRambler

Post by TheRambler »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:13 pm
As he had not properly identified himself the court decided that Joe Sutera was not in fact present, and he was found guilty in his absence. He was ordered to pay a total of £44,270.26, which is a record fine secured by South Gloucestershire Council’s public sector housing team.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bris ... s51iw89xw8
So, it was clearly a case of “Have it your own way then”. Quite obviously a resounding win!!!!!

Good on the magistrates.
TheRambler