Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Post by exiledscouser »

EWE is well known to Q but despite guest appearances here and there he hasn't had a page dedicated all to himself. Until now!

Working feverishly from his lair at Neelu's sister's former home he is churning out material at a great rate. Armed with his latest screed it's off to the local library to upload his material and send out thousands of pointless emails to an ever-growing list of recipients, most of whom will simply press delete.

I suppose I should start at the begining as this is the introductory page for anyone new. At one time EWE was a solicitor, a profession which takes dedication and application to enter and, some might say, a fair degree of intelligence as well. At an unknown point post qualification things began to go wrong for him. There was no obvious cause that I'm aware of but perhaps it was something traumatic in his life, maybe a gradual onset of mental illness, the loss of someone he cared about; who knows?

At one time things might still have been salvageable but, who knows exactly how, he teamed up with Neelu and her gang and, slowly, hidden from human eyes, he made the transition from Smeagol to Gollum, from balanced legal professional to full-on crazy complete with his own interpretation of the law.

As HHJ May observed;
Mr Ellis has a fully formed and apparently internally consistent belief system focused on corruption. He believes that some - perhaps all - previous Prime Ministers, all judges and magistrates, the Government Legal Service and Ministry of Justice together with “State officers”, by which I took him to mean police and court staff, and probably all sorts of other people and institutions, are corrupt and that the decisions they make are, without exception, fraudulent; hence his (designation) of judicial decisions as “frauds”: for instance, an “evidence irrelevance fraud” when I refused to consider a sheaf of documents he handed up as being of no relevance to the issues I had to decide on this application, or a “jurisdiction fraud” when I determined that I did have jurisdiction to hear the application. The list goes on.
The list does indeed go on. Ellis was suspended from practice indefinitely in 2006 and finally struck off altogether in 2013, this despite attempts to reverse the decision. Given all his antics in the last few years he's well beyond reinstatement and probably redemption too.

Not to be undone however he has reinvented himself as an "Equity Lawyer" and proceeds as if he were still on the Rolls. This annoyed the judiciary quite a bit and so in March 2016 he was given an order in the following terms;
Mr Edward William Ellis is restrained from issuing claims on behalf of others or from assisting others to bring claims in contravention of the Legal Services Act 2007
The most interesting court report can be found here, being from 2018 and more recently here in a 2019 case where Mr. Justice Turner made these rather withering observations;
In presenting their case before me, the claimants were articulate, courteous and restrained. They accepted that a number of collateral complaints which they had raised were not suitable for determination before me. Their oral presentation was, however, at odds with the confrontational tone and inordinate length of their written evidence and submissions.
But, the reason for this is becomes obvious. Referring to papers submitted on their behalf he explains;
I am in no doubt that the claimants have no more idea of what all this is supposed to mean than I do. The reason is clear. This impenetrable screed comes not from the pen of the claimants but from the imagination of one Mr Edward Ellis, formally a practising solicitor, who was suspended from practice indefinitely in circumstances set out in full in Ellis v The Law Society [2008] EWHC 561 (Admin). Mr Ellis, who now styles himself "Equity Lawyer Ellis", has achieved notoriety through his frequent and mischievous interventions in the legal claims of others in furtherance of what he calls his "UK Mass Remedy Process".
Of course he took not one bit of notice of his restraining order and continued to 'assist' people with his incomprehensible pseudo-legal babbling. He believes that he is a member of a Royal Commission - one entirely of his own making - over which will preside the Lords Bishops as he seeks mass remedies to the, erm, frauds I suppose.

There were various attempts to haul him back to court for breaching this restraining order but at the time of writing it all seems to have stalled. Indeed, despite renal problems and a delusion that the NHS are out to see him off, he seems to delight in continuing to assist various unfortunates, well, doubly-unfortunate for those clients in having both some difficulties in life and then making the choice of m'learned Equity Lawyer to defend them.

His latest client is a Mr. Sood and here is EWE in full common-law craziness, going in to bat for him.
House of Commons Speaker, Prime Minster, Cabinet Officers, All MPs, State Lawyers and Family Estate Trustee Mr Sood,
A widely addressed opening.
The Remedy Process needs Due Process Precedent Cases for Right Definition and Rights Enforcement. The Key Due Process is Pending Adjudication Enforcement Stay Protection for the Citizen against the State and Law Courts. Dictator Governance relies on Due Process Denial Frauds in general and especially Pending Adjudication Enforcement Stay Protection Denial Frauds.
Does he ever read what he's written I wonder. I can't make head not tail of the above and things don't become any clearer;
Equity Governance uses Protection Breach Contempt Fraud Remedies. The Key Contempt Remedy is the use of Protection Breach Contempt Fraud Proof for Power Forfeiture Orders for the Citizen against the State.

The Contempt Committal Fraud Appeals 2020 0395 and the Restraint Fraud Appeal 2020 0396 created Pending Appeal Contempt Trial Stay Protection Rights for the Citizen and Equity Lawyer against the State. The State Lawyers sent Trial Date Avoidance Request Emails. The Equity Lawyer sent a Pending Adjudication Protection Notice Email.

On 5th March 2020 the State Lawyers sent a Listing Demand Email to the Citizen and High Court. It is a Protection Breach Contempt Fraud Proof. The choice for the High Court and the Court of Appeal is to make a Contempt Finding, Remedy Entitlement Finding and Prosecution Powers Forfeiture Order for the Citizen against the State or created Bias Fraud Proof and Remedy Denial Fraud Proof against themselves by failure to do so.
I've snipped the rest into the Trash Can of Tediousness but masochists amongst us can read on through this link.

EWE is the common-law legal glue that binds a whole range of nutters, Andy Devine, Ramola D, Neelu Berry, David Noakes, Matt Taylor & John Paterson to name but a few.
AnOwlCalledSage

Re: Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Just so it's all in one place and newbies don't have to read through Neelu's extensive thread to get up to date, his February appearance at the royal courts of Justice resulted in a £5,000 fine and a continuance of his Civil Retraining Order as a vexatious litigant.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

You don't get much more tragi-comic than -
The Equity Lawyer relies on Public Libraries for Internet Access. He had not had the time to update the Email Address List for the Cabinet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Ellis writes as if he gets 5p for every use of the word "fraud".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
TBL

Post by TBL »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:19 pm Ellis writes as if he gets 5p for every use of the word "fraud".
And 10p if he capitalizes it.
HardyW
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by HardyW »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:19 pm Ellis writes as if he gets 5p for every use of the word "fraud".
Yes he thinks capitalised words count double.

I think it's a Tower of Hanoi arrangement, it doubles for each Noun accompanying the Key Word.
He thinks he will earn
20p for "Extradition Fraud".
40p for "Paedophile Defamation Fraud".
80p for "Car Theft Arrest Fraud".

Perhaps he gives himself a special bonus for "Framing Fraud Exposure Fraud".
Then it continues similarly:
£1.60 for
"Mental Health Case Reference Fraud".
"Money Laundering Liability Misrepresentation Fraud".
"Dialysis Preparation Fistula Operation Fraud"
"Family Estate Management Sabotage Frauds".
"Special Diet Evidence Exclusion Frauds".
£3.20 for
"Mortgage Redemption Statement Denial Fraud Proof".
£6.40 for
"Pending Adjudication Enforcement Stay Protection Denial Frauds".

Another bonus no doubt for "Blackmail Fraud Case Reference Denial Fraud Proof".

and finally £12.80 for the eight noun wonders
"Care Package Application Case Reference Denial Fraud Proof"
"Profession Unfitness Complaint Case Reference Denial Fraud Proof"
longdog

Post by longdog »

How much does a "firearms theft by confiscation and licence revocation and denial fraud" earn?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It's funny/tragic in a way. That glorious long screed looks like it contains real words grouped in to proper phrases and sentences, and I would assume paragraphs, alas, once sat down to parse through the verbiage it is found to be a collection of meaningless phrases that carry no real meaning or direction and that the entirety of it simply rambles along imparting nothing, accomplishing nothing, and totally failing to convey any information or meaning. In other words, typical Edward Ellis.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

And all this time I thought Gabby Hayes was American.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
longdog

Post by longdog »

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveD
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by SteveD »

For those interested, the original 2008 appeal against his 2006 indefinite suspension (and even in 2006 you can see he was already off the rails... much of the wordage is the same, although 'perhaps' a little more intelligible lol) can be found at http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cg ... ND+(ellis)
Mind you this was an appeal against a judgement made in 2006, which was the result of his actions dating back to 2002 (and reading the small excerpts, you can immediately tell it's EWE) so he's been at it for a long, long time indeed...
22nd February 2005: see Convery v. The High Court of Rotterdam [2005] EWHC 566. Mr Ellis' participation (and his wish to be permitted to make oral representations on behalf of his client) caused Maurice Kay LJ to observe, at paragraph 8:

"I regret to say that Mr Ellis' documents are as partisan and immoderate as can ever have emanated from a legal practitioner for use in these courts. They are in part incoherent and they contain a great deal that is irrelevant. It is plain from any reading of them that what excites Mr Ellis is the Extradition Act 2003 itself, which he describes in his latest skeleton argument as "a total abdication of responsibility for the individual by all authority. It amounts to a policy of 'hand over the body to a foreign power with no questions asked'". There and elsewhere, and for the brief time for which we allowed him to seek a right to make submissions today, he repeatedly attacks the Act, the Government and Parliament for having enacted it, and, on a wholesale basis, the judiciary. It is his opinion that there is called into question the fitness to sit of every single judge in this jurisdiction for as long as this Act remains on the statute book. In addressing us briefly, he used expressions such as "across the country we are outraged" and "it brings into question the integrity of the judiciary as a whole" -- the "it" there referred to, as I understand it, is the willingness of courts to operate the 2003 Act."
from http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/format.cg ... ND+(ellis)
:beatinghorse:
notorial dissent

Barking mad. Would appear to go back at least to the 70's if not further.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I suspect he was either dropped on his head once too many times, or perhaps he's the guy who ate the Brown Acid at Woodstock.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Despite the combined efforts of the Library Service and Chelmsford NHS to shut him up and in the midst of a fairly debilitating treatment for kidney failure the tireless Equity Lawyer will not be silenced.

No Sir, the keyboard has been a-rattling and the printer a-whirring as Eddie swings back into action, his pseudo legal screed once more entertaining the High Court. The latest filing sees a confusing mix of fraud allegations aimed at no one in particular save the forces of darkness lurking in the Met Police. But fraud there is aplenty, be in no doubt. This latest piece of nonsense sees confusion between who defendant and claimant are, as far as I understand things a Mr Sood junior is the latter and his dad Mr. Sood senior the former. But the box for who Eddie is acting for is scratched through and is unclear.

Despite this seemingly to relate to a family fall out Eddie’s largely incomprehensible ramblings go off on tangents all their own. The F word is ever-present of course. Apart from anything else they are clearly breaches of his injunction not to bring legal actions before the court on his own or on behalf of others.

I see he wants this latest matter dealt with without a hearing. Come on High Court, put a stop to this time-wasting by a man who is clearly both mentally and physically unwell.
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

An armchair psychiatrist writes -

From the NHS list of schizophrenia symptoms:
Someone experiencing a paranoid delusion may believe they're being harassed or persecuted. They may believe they're being chased, followed, watched, plotted against or poisoned...
Thoughts and speech may become jumbled or confused, making conversation difficult and hard for other people to understand.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/schizophrenia/symptoms/

And from WebMD (emphasis mine):
It's a group of related mental disorders that share some symptoms. They're like variations on a theme in music. They affect your sense of what's real. They change how you think, feel, and act.

It's a psychosis, which means that what seems real to you isn't. You could have:

Hallucinations: Seeing or hearing things that aren't there.
Delusions: Mistaken but firmly held beliefs that are easy to prove wrong, like thinking you have superpowers, are a famous person, or people are out to get you.
Disorganized speech: Using words and sentences that don't make sense to others.
Strange behavior: Acting in an odd or repetitive way, like walking in circles or writing all the time, or sitting perfectly still and quiet for hours on end.
Withdrawn and lifeless: Showing no feelings or motivation, or lacking interest in normal daily activities.

People with schizophrenia have at least two of these symptoms for at least 6 months. One of them must be hallucinations, delusions, or disorganized speech.
https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/sc ... enia-types
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Unfortunately some of the effects of kidney disease also include those symptoms:
a reduced amount of urine
swelling of your legs, ankles, and feet from retention of fluids caused by the failure of the kidneys to eliminate water waste
unexplained shortness of breath
excessive drowsiness or fatigue
persistent nausea
confusion
pain or pressure in your chest
seizures
coma
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

It is sounding like a classic, and probably fatal, case of uremic poisoning.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

notorial dissent wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:13 pm It is sounding like a classic, and probably fatal, case of uremic poisoning.
Strange how he was showing symptoms decades before a diagnosis.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Strange how he was showing symptoms decades before a diagnosis.
That's why my money's on some form of mental health issue.

However, If we look at the record of his Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal back in 2006
https://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/s ... Ellis.pdf
or his High Court hearing in 2008
https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ad ... 8/561.html

he's clearly mad as a lorry load of amphibians, but his prose is considerably more comprehensible than it is now. So it's possible that an underlying MH condition has been exacerbated by the kidney problem.
notorial dissent

He may well have been borderline for years, outside of just being a thoroughly nasty and deluded individual. Why can't it be both?