Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

aesmith
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Edward William Ellis, Common Law QC

Post by aesmith »

Why do they record these in mirror image, then hold up documents as if they expected views to read them? This video actually switches between mirror and normal which is even more bizarre.

I think she and her sidekick (Shane?) got kicked out of the hearing. At around 11:50 she's asking "Sean" "what happened after we left?"
Last edited by aesmith on Thu May 04, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Wozzle wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:24 pm He got 12 months according to a video by Neelu. Who makes all the usual claims. What is interesting is the comments on the video :haha:
Just to keep the Quatloos record accurate, he'd already been sentenced to 12 months (the usual serve half, then the rest on licence). This was his appeal.

If you look through the case files, the reason for the delay between his sentencing and the start date (8th May) was because the original judge thought he needed time to construct a proper appeal. It would seem he couldn't.

I wonder if the appeal judgement will be published. Nothing yet.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:25 am I wonder if the appeal judgement will be published. Nothing yet.

If the decision was given at the end of the hearing, the judgment will have been delivered orally rather than "handed down", so a transcript would have to be made. Alternatively, I think the courts sometimes say what their decision is but that they will give their reasons (i.e. the detailed judgment) later. Either way I don't think there'll be anything available yet.
AnOwlCalledSage

Albert Haddock wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:33 am Either way I don't think there'll be anything available yet.
I agree, but not every judgement is published so it's a lottery whether we'll get to see it at all.

I think I read somewhere that the judge(s) have to declare it of public interest before it gets on Bailii or the National Archive case law site.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

aesmith wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:18 am Why do they record these in mirror image, then hold up documents as if they expected views to read them? This video actually switches between mirror and normal which is even more bizarre.

I think she and her sidekick (Shane?) got kicked out of the hearing. At around 11:50 she's asking "Sean" "what happened after we left?"
I know I should be concentrating on the legal issues and be above such superficial judgments but WTF was 'Shane' wearing? The 'suit' was bad enough but the knee high lace-up boots? He's a new one to me but I'd love to know more about him. He seems like a grade A moron.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
longdog

Post by longdog »

Normal Wisdom wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:15 am I know I should be concentrating on the legal issues and be above such superficial judgments but WTF was 'Shane' wearing? The 'suit' was bad enough but the knee high lace-up boots? He's a new one to me but I'd love to know more about him. He seems like a grade A moron.
I have to admit my main reaction to the video was "Who's the dude in the clown suit?"
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

A Custodial sentence may actually prolong his life. He will be away from all the medical quackery, piss drinkers, and medicine women, and might actually get some decent medical care while banged up.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:03 am
Albert Haddock wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:33 am Either way I don't think there'll be anything available yet.
I agree, but not every judgement is published so it's a lottery whether we'll get to see it at all.

I think I read somewhere that the judge(s) have to declare it of public interest before it gets on Bailii or the National Archive case law site.
That's the general rule for High Court judgments, for Court of Appeal they are supposed to get all the handed-down judgments, but they don't have transcripts of extempore judgments for copyright reasons. See https://www.bailii.org/bailii/summary-cases.html
longdog

Post by longdog »

There's a new video...

It's virtually unwatchable due to the incompetently executed robot voice but two facts emerge.

1) Eddie is now doing porridge.

2) The Princess gave the judges the benefit of her opinion on them including that they would be taken out the back and beheaded for treason.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

longdog wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:55 pm It's virtually unwatchable due to the incompetently executed robot voice
You have to feel a bit of sympathy for the poor sod who had to read that lot out, even if it is a robot.
AnOwlCalledSage

longdog wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:55 pm 1) Eddie is now doing porridge.
I guess I don't know the process. The original judgement was that it started on the 8th. I guess losing his appeal invoked the sentence immediately,
AnOwlCalledSage

As Neelu's RCJ video didn't feature him, did EWE Go straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200?

I guess the May 8th date was if he didn't appeal.

If so, it's ironic that he's missing out on a new Coronation Oath! :snicker:
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

All committals for contempt must be published on the judiciary.uk website. I checked and it's more or less up to date, so EWE might be along shortly. However the court may feel that the order has already been published, and the dismissal of the appeal simply leaves it in place.

If the judges or the law reporters decide it should be reported as a case of significance, it will take at least a week and probably longer to land in the National Archives, and longer still in the law reports. The original decision of the 8th March is there, so the appeal may be. But legal principles are better made when they are competently argued before the court on both sides, and it's hard to believe they were in this case, so there may have been nothing for the LJs to decide save that they'd heard nothing to displace the decision at first instance.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:09 am As Neelu's RCJ video didn't feature him, did EWE Go straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200?
It would appear so from her notes ...
9:20 men's rear at 3 35 p.m Mr Justice
9:23 Carlson stated that the appeal was
9:25 dismissed and that the jail sentence
9:27 would commence today Mr Ellis asked for
9:30 leave to appeal to the Supreme Court
9:32 with a state of committal pending the
9:34 application Mr Ross with his female
9:37 assistant Court Enforcement Officers
9:39 stood next to Mr Ellis and ushered him
9:42 into the back door of the courtroom on
11:07 Ellis told the judges that he still had
11:09 his eight-week window to do his appeals
11:12 without committal to the 8th of May
11:14 2023 another five days to prepare his
11:17 appeal to the Supreme Court the appeal
11:20 court judges did not want any other
11:22 outcome except committal to deny him his
11:24 right of appeal three journalists had
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Also from a Facebook comment yesterday ..
Ved Chaudhari
14 h
Pentonville prison confirmed that Edward had his dialysis at Broomfields Renal Unit, Chelmsford, today from Pentonville Prison
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I assume
9:32 with a state of committal pending the
should read:
9:32 with a stay of committal pending the
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AnOwlCalledSage

I could have it wrong, but I don't think he has a right of appeal to the Supreme Court anyway, as an appeal from the Court of Appeals for contempt to the Supreme Court appears to require that court to certify that a point of general public importance is involved.
Albert Haddock
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Albert Haddock »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:32 am I could have it wrong, but I don't think he has a right of appeal to the Supreme Court anyway, as an appeal from the Court of Appeals for contempt to the Supreme Court appears to require that court to certify that a point of general public importance is involved.

I think he can still apply to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal.

https://www.supremecourt.uk/procedures/ ... ppeal.html
SpearGrass
Pirate
Pirate

Post by SpearGrass »

Albert Haddock said
I think he can still apply to the Supreme Court for permission to appeal.
The fish is right. But they will only grant leave if there is an important arguable point of law. The only point I can see that a competent lawyer could dredge out of this is whether commitment was appropriate in all the circumstances, which is fact-based, unless they could argue that this was a decision no competent court could make (which is a non-starter). And since EWE isn't a competent lawyer, won't engage a competent lawyer, and can't argue in terms the court could understand, there is no arguable point.

Given his delusional state, while I don't imagine he's happy with the situation, he's probably worked it round into a win in his mind.
AnOwlCalledSage

SpearGrass wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:26 pm Given his delusional state, while I don't imagine he's happy with the situation, he's probably worked it round into a win in his mind.
But at least we know he's going to get proper healthcare for a a change, and hopefully be stopped from cutting himself to release the "toxins" out.