Correct The Unlawful Legal System - they're just a bunch of CTULS

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Correct The Unlawful Legal System - they're just a bunch of CTULS

Post by longdog »

I see we have the standard excuse for being unable to provide any evidence pre-baked into that things-that-never-happened claim of having £10,000 of fines written off... "A mate".
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

hucknallred wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:57 pm For colonials TFL is Traffic For London.
In order for Quatloos to remain the site of record, it's Transport for London. :D
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:36 pm
hucknallred wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:57 pm For colonials TFL is Traffic For London.
In order for Quatloos to remain the site of record, it's Transport for London. :D
Of course it is.
I was thinking Traffic Fines London in the case of the person menioned.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Looks like I've been bounced from the group. No idea why, I never posted anything.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

mufc1959 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:33 pm Looks like I've been bounced from the group. No idea why, I never posted anything.
One of my puppets booted too. This is why...

I find the 10 minute mail services excellent for quick & easy creation of sockpuppets. The address lasts long enough to do new account verification. VPN browser addon advised in case Zuck notices & Zucks your real account.

https://10minutemail.com/
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

longdog wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 pm I see we have the standard excuse for being unable to provide any evidence pre-baked into that things-that-never-happened claim of having £10,000 of fines written off... "A mate".
There is nothing to prove that the story wasn't - matey sent in the notice, got it bounced back to him and then he paid up.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

I do rather like the idea that there's a covert ops section at British Gas dedicated to infiltrating internet groups.
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:46 am There is nothing to prove that the story wasn't - matey sent in the notice, got it bounced back to him and then he paid up.
True enough but I'm going to go with never happened at all on the basis that racking up £10,000 in fines from TfL is so vanishingly unlikely. It sounds more like they tried to think of a figure that is as impressive as possible with actually being impossible.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

racking up £10,000 in fines from TfL is so vanishingly unlikely.
I thought so at first, but not being familiar with the ways of that London, did not realise that the Low Emissions Zone penalty can be as much as £2K.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/low-em ... ty-charges

That being said, I still agree with your assessment that this FOAF tale is a load of old cobblers.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

mufc1959 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:33 pm Looks like I've been bounced from the group. No idea why, I never posted anything.
I got bounced after an hour, I don’t think quoting from the Electricity Act about interfering with meter’s was particularly well received :brickwall:
longdog

Post by longdog »

AndyPandy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm
I got bounced after an hour, I don’t think quoting from the Electricity Act about interfering with meter’s was particularly well received :brickwall:
Oh you didn't make the fatal mistake of citing legislation that was actually relevant and hadn't been repealed a century ago did you?

That's a rookie error and I expected better of you :-(

Although thinking about it that's probably why I was booted... Twice.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:44 pm
AndyPandy wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:31 pm
Oh you didn't make the fatal mistake of citing legislation that was actually relevant and hadn't been repealed a century ago did you?

That's a rookie error and I expected better of you :-(

Although thinking about it that's probably why I was booted... Twice.
Yes, definitely a rookie error, as soon as I posted it I knew I was toast :shrug:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Somebody needs to do some proper anthropological research with these pop-up FMOTL Cults. They recur again and again, each time relying on a new rehash of the same old rubbish. It never works, they never overthrow the system, just fizzles out like the last cult before them.

I'd love to know how the underlying beliefs are transmitted or infected. Is the founder of CUTL a small-fry from some previous cult, bidding to be the guru this time? Or are they all started by external inspiration, like someone stumbles into a US sovcit group and thinks "hey, we should try this in UK!" and this keeps happening spontaneously...?

Would also be interesting to see analysis of the membership, because I suspect certain trends would be prevalent.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
SpearGrass
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by SpearGrass »

Somebody needs to do some proper anthropological research with these pop-up FMOTL Cults.
A PhD student is doing such a study. I'm hoping he'll share the result with me.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:15 pm Somebody needs to do some proper anthropological research with these pop-up FMOTL Cults. They recur again and again, each time relying on a new rehash of the same old rubbish. It never works, they never overthrow the system, just fizzles out like the last cult before them.

I'd love to know how the underlying beliefs are transmitted or infected.
Perhaps the greatest expert on Freemen on the Land anywhere, certainly the greatest expert on Canadian Freemen, is our own poster Donald Netolitzky;

https://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/search ... 4&sr=posts

He's written numerous academic articles on them based on both his own research and his experience as a lawyer working for Alberta's court of Queen's Bench, ground zero for Canadian sovereigns.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:15 pmSomebody needs to do some proper anthropological research with these pop-up FMOTL Cults. They recur again and again, each time relying on a new rehash of the same old rubbish. It never works, they never overthrow the system, just fizzles out like the last cult before them.
Just watch old episodes of "Pinky and the Brain".
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

wserra wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:20 am
Hercule Parrot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:15 pmSomebody needs to do some proper anthropological research with these pop-up FMOTL Cults. They recur again and again, each time relying on a new rehash of the same old rubbish. It never works, they never overthrow the system, just fizzles out like the last cult before them.
As a guy who owns the entire series on DVD I can confirm it would be vastly more entertaining and just as useful as reading the "same old rubbish".
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:22 pm
wserra wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:20 am
As a guy who owns the entire series on DVD I can confirm it would be vastly more entertaining and just as useful as reading the "same old rubbish".
"Wot are we gonna do tonight, Brain?"
"Same thing we do every night, Pinky, try to avoid any obligations imposed on us by our government/mortgage company/utility, etc."
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Would also be interesting to see analysis of the membership,
I wonder if each new iteration brings in completely new people, or whether there's a pool of people who cycle out of one groupuscule as it collapses and into the next one to pop up?

In other words, does involvement with a FMOTL group that fails to deliver for you lead to disillusion with the whole thing, or do you think it would have worked with better leadership, and go looking for a group that seems more promising?
longdog

Post by longdog »

John Uskglass wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:38 pm In other words, does involvement with a FMOTL group that fails to deliver for you lead to disillusion with the whole thing, or do you think it would have worked with better leadership, and go looking for a group that seems more promising?
Going by Facebook groups I'd say that the average life expectancy for a footler before disillusionment or reality makes them drop the whole thing is probably less than six months. I rather get the impression that since "the man" has started responding with letters that basically say "We've heard this freetard crap you got off the internet many times before and will not be responding to it in future" the time to disillusionment has dropped significantly.

There are a few diehards of course but they seem to be mostly LARPing gurus who never even think about putting their own neck on the block (O'Bonkers) or people who have already failed big-time, lost everything and want to drag others down with them (Crabbert).

I think most of them lose their bottle entirely the moment the summonses start landing on the door-mat. Thankfully not all of them which gives us some free entertainment.